Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Five | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Five

GREAT scoreboard help this week/yesterday/night.

Losses by: the Pats, Bills, Texans, Titans and Chargers

Miami is still the 6 seed if playoffs started today. Everything you want is still in front of you.
The pats got to play the saints this week.. we got to take out the bills next week.

I am impressed RT still is looking down field and is not watching the rush. It is a habit that QB's can get into when they are being sacked a lot.

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
Philbin on if there will be a personnel change on the offensive line: "We believe in the guys that we have."

This tweet depresses me.

That had damn well better be lip service / some bull**** public relations answer because if he really feels that way, wow. I like Joe Philbin but that's a load of steaming bull****. And if it's not, he's a ****ing moron.

The problem with the Oline begins with the coaches and the gameplan.

There is not much TE's in to help and we go with the same personnell most of the time. Nothing changes. You cannot playaction much, you cannot reverse field when in shotgun all day. You just cannot.

Teams watch our film and know why we get sacked so much. Its because it ends up being 5 guys on 6 or 7 or they stunt inside consistently or switch sides which Suggs did today.

Defenses will continue to make our Oline look below avg. if they never have to stop a run game that has conviction. They will simply stuff it early and then go into one on one mode and tee off on RT. It really does not require much more than that.

The Ravens were rushing only 4 guys. Often with no stunts. Just a race to see who could get to the QB first. If you can't consistently block 4 with 5, you have no chance.

That had damn well better be lip service / some bull**** public relations answer because if he really feels that way, wow. I like Joe Philbin but that's a load of steaming bull****. And if it's not, he's a ****ing moron.

Well put. The honeymoon is coming to an end for Joe. He needs to find a way to protect his QB and find some offensive success. If you notice, the media is becoming more and more critical of him. Joe needs to get his team to step up and beat Buffalo and then split one of the next two games against NE and Cinci.

What do you guys expect him to say? Seriously he's not going to throw everyone under the bus. He says he believes in them because he has to say that but the look on his face is telling a different story. I honestly could see us move away from zone blocking after the bye and go back to it next year when we get some athletes. I would move Watkins or Garner to RG and Jerry to RT right now. I'd pump steroids into Martin's ass for two weeks and make him do squats and box jumps the entire time so his base would get stronger. He looks stronger up top but he can't sustain a block for the life of him because he is being pushed back the entire time. Please stop blaming Ryan for every sack. Not everyone can throw it every play within 2 secs so he doesn't get sacked. Hold the Oline a little accountable. Also hold the coaching who seem to be preaching to him to not leave the pocket, just watch pressers of Philbin and Sherman the last few weeks. The other thing people keep mentioning is rollouts, these work like crap versus 3-4 defenses which we seem to play every week lately. Our screen game jus sucks and is embarassing, this is something we should be working on for two weeks.

The Ravens were rushing only 4 guys. Often with no stunts. Just a race to see who could get to the QB first. If you can't consistently block 4 with 5, you have no chance.

Damn. That's depressing. Did the Ravens blitz us at all yesterday?

This, to me, was the most depressing thing about watching this game. There were glimmers of hope in other areas, but the pressure we allowed 4 defenders to apply was horrible. The ball is snapped, I see Tanny drop back, I think, "cool, only 4 rushing," and then (poof) like that, the pocket is gone.

What do you guys expect him to say? Seriously he's not going to throw everyone under the bus. He says he believes in them because he has to say that but the look on his face is telling a different story. I honestly could see us move away from zone blocking after the bye and go back to it next year when we get some athletes. I would move Watkins or Garner to RG and Jerry to RT right now. I'd pump steroids into Martin's ass for two weeks and make him do squats and box jumps the entire time so his base would get stronger. He looks stronger up top but he can't sustain a block for the life of him because he is being pushed back the entire time. Please stop blaming Ryan for every sack. Not everyone can throw it every play within 2 secs so he doesn't get sacked. Hold the Oline a little accountable. Also hold the coaching who seem to be preaching to him to not leave the pocket, just watch pressers of Philbin and Sherman the last few weeks. The other thing people keep mentioning is rollouts, these work like crap versus 3-4 defenses which we seem to play every week lately. Our screen game jus sucks and is embarassing, this is something we should be working on for two weeks.

I expect him to say that we are going look at everything over the next week, increase the competition and look for what is needed for us to improve for Buffalo...not essentially I believe in the guys we got. Terrible. I will take the method of Super Bowl champions (and Patriots thumpers) John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome. Challenge the line publicly and trade for a talented LT.

This, to me, was the most depressing thing about watching this game. There were glimmers of hope in other areas, but the pressure we allowed 4 defenders to apply was horrible. The ball is snapped, I see Tanny drop back, I think, "cool, only 4 rushing," and then (poof) like that, the pocket is gone.

I'm convinced they could have rushed 1 and he would have pushed the guy in front of him right into Tannehill.... just a sad, sad performance. At time they kept the TE and RB in for protection. After recognizing there were only 4 rushers, they released into routes. Tannehill was sacked before they could even get into their patterns. That's 5 guys (not) blocking, two guys getting into their routes late, and the QB. That leaves Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson running routes against 7 defenders. The numbers just don't work.

When Tannehill did get enough time, Wallace is in the wrong spot and drops a catchable ball (twice), Clay drops one that would have taken 7 yards off of the final FG attempt, and Hartline drops a slant that would have been a first down.

I really love these threads. I look for them every week after each game. Not too long, but not to short and solid insight. Well thought out, clearly objective....AND you seem to have the pulse of most level headed Dolphins fans. Can't wait for future recaps!

Also, nice to see you give the credit to Tannehill. He's played well despite the oline and yet some fans think he's a bum. smh

Back
Top Bottom