hoops scoops...bucs dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...bucs dolphins

Kinda shocked at how bad Freeman looked. Their DT Akeem Spence looked great.

Finally someone hits it on the head on both Gillislie and Jenkins. Both of the Gator guys are average at best.

McNutt is good on the slants in this offense.

Odrick looks so lively now - he's going to have a great year.

The AFC east is there for the taking.

essentially coverage based production...either by off coverage or db leverage...

philbin preaches the wrs need to separate...mcnutt does not...i hope he keeps to that when he decides on his 53 man roster...mcnutt is not hard to find...a dime a dozen

"charles clay showcased as the #1 te looked like he did last year to start the season...lackluster route running didn't sell anything and still showing he's not reading coverage well...zone drop tanny expects him to square in and sit down he continues to run the route right into the coverage luckily the defender drops what would have been an easy pick...drops a ball down the seam between defenders placed as perfectly as it could be off his front shoulder that would have been 6...the ball can't be placed any better...great read he won on the route and he just dropped a perfect throw...anyways he's your #1 te folks and of the in house options still the best one by a good margin as a pass catcher so i guess we just hope for the best..."

Very disappointing. i think they make a move here for a vet to team with the rookie at TE. Clay has caught a grand total of 1 pass for 5 yards this preseason. He's shown nothing if you ask me .

i have no idea why people are hating on this team off the bucs game...just dumb...our 1's are damn good...defense is gonna be good vernon is gonna provide more pass rush we have corners with better awareness and ball skills this year a top strong safety...qb has weapons and will carve people up...

hell we kicked tampas ass with the 1's other than with turnovers on specials giving them short fields...

the only piece this team needs right now to be straight nasty on d is coyle being able to use dion jordan in it...

i think the most dissappointing player for me has been gillislee...he looks so run of the mill it's not funny...i can watch just about any preseason game and find better looking rb depth options that may come available than him...

I hope Sims gets a lot of run this week.
Dallas Thomas can not pass protect.
Clay did well on his inline blocks..
Egnew makes himself look slow with his routes.

The starting D is nasty..
Im trying to forget we have Jordan until he pops out

whats the deal with will yeatman??? i don't recall seeing him play against the bucs...is he hurt or something???

i have no idea why people are hating on this team off the bucs game...just dumb...our 1's are damn good...defense is gonna be good vernon is gonna provide more pass rush we have corners with better awareness and ball skills this year a top strong safety...qb has weapons and will carve people up...

hell we kicked tampas ass with the 1's other than with turnovers on specials giving them short fields...

the only piece this team needs right now to be straight nasty on d is coyle being able to use dion jordan in it...
Exactly. Tampa is supposed to be the Miami of the NFC. Young QB that's supposed to break out with a lot of offseason talent acquisitions, and we absolutely kicked their asses on both sides of the ball.

Great as usual Hoops. I agree with 99 percent. I think where I may be off is McNutt. I can't see keeping him but they sure give him a ton of looks in that Binns role so maybe you are correct.

I also like Rodriguez for the 53.

I would complain about Clemons' hips but that would be a broken record.

I've always liked McNutt as an Iowa fan. He was super productive again B10 corners, but I never got that warm fuzzy feeling inside (when he was coming out of college) that I did with a receiver like Denarius Moore. I'm still pissed that we didn't draft that guy.

Curious to hear more specific analysis on Tyms from you. He's looked pretty solid all preseason to me. Throw in the fact that he has only one year of real D-1 ball, and last year as a PS player, and I see a player with real potential at this point. One who's worth looking past his shortcomings to this point, and giving a roster spot to. He's blown routes a few times this preseason, but he has unteachable physical skills, and is reportedly intelligent and hard working. Given his very limited experience he looks like the kind of player who can blossom from a nobody into a solid contributor.

This is true. Agree totally.

And if he is cut, he'll be picked up right away.

LD

..this scheme though doesn't do jerry or martin many favors and maybe clabo either given the angles they want these guys to make cut blocks in etc...some of these guys are at a disadvantage cause they are just not laterally quick enough to get to their assignments...

There may be quite a bit of truth to that. Our successful cut block percentage is the lowest I can remember. In fact, the defender is often so far gone that it's pointless to even make the attempt. The offensive lineman dives and misses primarily so he won't be accused of dodging his responsibility entirely.

It's like a quick nap.

Jerry's frame still looks terrible. Hard for me to have confidence in Martin and Jerry when they don't look the part.

Egnew has all the measurement to be a Dustin Keller, But something is still off. I personally want them to give him the starting nob in the last preseason game. Further I want them to force feed him like the did with Clay.

It's frustrating going through another season still not really knowing what exactly we have in Egnew. I personally refuse to believe the guy just can't play.

Dallas Thomas is just not a tackle and they should stop wasting all time looking at that. I'm curious whether he'd ever be a viable guard. He looks like he lacks strength at guard. Samuda may have awful technique but may still be a better prospect at guard.

Let's hope Thomas focuses in on guard and can turn it around. Thomas, Jenkins, Gillislee, and D jones are looking like thumbs down. Sure, Jones is a 7th rounder but c'mon Thomas is a day 2 pick and anyone can see his hope is at guard.

Egnew has all the measurement to be a Dustin Keller, But something is still off. I personally want them to give him the starting nob in the last preseason game. Further I want them to force feed him like the did with Clay.

It's frustrating going through another season still not really knowing what exactly we have in Egnew. I personally refuse to believe the guy just can't play.

Egnew was a guy who was always going to need time to develop into a NFL capable TE. He basically played a big WR in college, he needs to get stronger and add weight and his hands were never "sure things" but were good enough. It wasn't a great pick considering the work that needed to be done but sitting behind a guy like Keller a year after sitting behind Fasano could of only be beneficial . . . unfortunately we lost Keller and the scrutiny for Egnew will be stronger than ever.

Back
Top Bottom