hoops scoops...bucs dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...bucs dolphins

well right now we are one injury in our top 3 corners from taylor or will davis taking heavy snaps...rj sanford if he makes it will be because of his specials impact...sanford seems like from what i see the obvious 6th corner if they keep 6...

you're likely to get an injury in your top 3 corner depth at some point...although i did see a lot of jimmy wilson manning the slot etc in the buca game that makes me think he may be in play there if something happens to a patterson when he shifts inside etc...

jimmy wilson could be the next man up...

Hopefully it'll be a while before CB injuries come in. Davis has had good and bad flashes and we haven't seen much of Taylor. Hopefully, Carroll can be adequate until one of these guys is ready to make the jump toward more serious playing time.

I got spoiled in the '70s when our linemen were so athletic. I guess I assumed it would always be that way. Only Norm Evans at right tackle was a somewhat limited athlete who got away with smarts. The forgotten man of that group, Wayne Moore at left tackle, was a former basketball player.

It's been maddening for more than a decade that our offensive line has featured clod athletes, more often than not. When we get a skilled athlete he invariably gets injured and doesn't last too long.

Pouncey is the exception now. Sometimes he dictates the play and makes the others look better than they are. Clabo mostly absorbs at this point. He gets to the correct spot and forces the defender to be exceptional to blow him up. It's like a breakwater at right tackle. I can't imagine we won't look to upgrade next year.

I appreciate that Martin's poor conditioning has been spotlighted in this thread. It jumped out at me immediately late Saturday night when I watched a tape of the game. I came to this site at 4 AM and expected it to be a big topic, then I was shocked when there was nothing. I emphasized it in the "SOMEWHAT encouraged" thread.

I saw him lose on 4 plays in a row in the redzone and his hands went on his hips everytime.. This was the opening drive.. Long but the 1st

Re watching the game and watching Wallace..

I'm predicting over 1100 yards from him. He's way more than a one trick pony.

I tried to key on Egnew, but didn't do so early. Started about half-way through the 2nd qtr. I wouldn't say he wasn't trying, but he seemed to struggle to get open on the few routes I saw him run. That said he was wide open in the middle of the field once in the 2nd half, but Devlin made an early read and went outside to a WR on the plays. From what I saw he was in on a lot of running plays, and played in line a fair amount, and it's from his play there that I'd say his effort wasn't lacking. He wasn't special, but he held his own as a blocker in line. I was surprised. I kept waiting for somebody to blow him up, but it never happened. I only remember one blocking play that he didn't keep after it, and his man tackled the ballcarrier. Even that wasn't a bad block, but if he had kept banging on his assignment, it would have been a long run rather than the 4-6 yd run it ended up being. IMHO just like it seemed the coaches went out of their way to feed Clay the ball, and see what he could do, I thought they emphasized trying to find out what Egnew could do in a role blocking as a traditional TE in Saturday's game. It's time to see if he can get open though. Like others I'd like to see them force him the ball on Thursday night and see what happens.

if it's me the only two tight ends i'm playing in the preseason finale game are egnew and miller...and well evan rodriguez if he's getting h back/te looks...we can't afford another injury in our 2 deep to clay or sims and barring a trade for an upgrade there aren't many plug and play upgrades for him in the first place...this o is not an easy one to learn...doesn't matter who we bring in the fold gonna be a heavy learning curve before they could even assume clays role... most likely week 1 at this point no matter what you do clay and sims are gonna line up for you in most sets...

Back
Top Bottom