hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish...

i saw an interview rogers did and he was asked what's the first thing you are gonna do once your name is called in the draft??? his answer was something a long the lines of "find a tv camera for me to pimp it in"...

right then i knew that would never happen in miami...add in all the off field red flags and this kids pretty much untouchable

Lololol well...there goes that.

i agree with a lot of that...jenkins is a great coverage lb...no doubt...but i don't see given our current lb core where it would be better suited for a 34...most these guys need to be clean to the ball...not great strength in the hands to shed...misi and vernon if they move him the exceptions

i don't at all like the idea of wheeler at solb...not enough lead in the pants not stout enough...don't like that at all

Ya I agree that I don't really like Wheeler playing SLB, just has some experience there so could have crossed the FO's mind when they made that selection. I just like having the additional options on passing downs that this draft has given us, our packages on passing downs I think are going to be the most improved part of our team.

My biggest problem was they traded up for Will Davis but wouldn't jump SD to take Keenan Allen..... Mark it down FH will be bitching about that for years

ahhh...yeah that was it it was when we got in the 70's and within striking distance that i was like god dang move up right now and get keenan allen...they said his knee wasn't responding to treatment all that well yet but we all know that kid will be 100 percent come camp and probably look like the best wr in the chargers camp...

Can we all agree that the secondary and pass rush are improved?

Who the **** is Don Jones? Couldn't we have just as easily got him in free agency? A late seventh round flier on Lonnie Pryor or Xavier Nixon or even Da'Rick Rogers would have been smarter than this. WTF?

Who the **** is Don Jones? Couldn't we have just as easily got him in free agency? A late seventh round flier on Lonnie Pryor or Xavier Nixon or even Da'Rick Rogers would have been smarter than this. WTF?

if you dont know anything about him how do you know those players are better? lol

just because you have heard those names before, dont mean they are better... get over it, its a 7th round pick

Can we all agree that the secondary and pass rush are improved?
No.

Pass rush SEEMS like a yes (am all for the trade up and pick) but secondary ? Not so much at all.

IMO the only consistent solid starter is Reshad Jones.

I think the Will Davis pick was not ideal and I would have wanted hins to take a safety there. I still think S needs upgrade unless they plan to move Marshall there and at 93 there were still good Safeties on the board.

J. Jenkins is good player who was hurt last year but can cover TEs and may take over for MISI if he does not come back next year. also great for STs this year.

SIMs fills a need but should help in redzone as a receiver and blocker.

Gillislee is good Rb with good vision and very quick cuts that make players miss. He is an upgrade over thomas and we got him in 5th round. Can pass block and also good WR so can easily give breathers to L. Miller for a few series a game.

I like the Dallas Thomas pick because he is a two year starter at LT in the SEC going against best pass rushers in the country. Enough said. He will start this year or maybe next year for Incog or maybe start at LT if we are lucky.

With Sturgis, we can save 2.7M on cap from beating out carpenter and we just saved 2.3 M from Bess. Thats possible 5M saved from this draft. If we cut Patterson then thats about 14M saved. This could be used to sign Winston and John Abraham.

all well said but you had to know that they couldn't ignore the in line blocking te given what they had in house at the position in day 3...so yeah there's a bit of a must have so i'm taking this guy now thing there...don't watch sims tape...he's painfully slow on it...but he also looks like he's about 280 on it...no burst whatsoever...i think it would be good for us if he reported to camp at 260...but you're still not gonna get much of a seam guy either way...

i hear ya on the o...at pick #56 i was jumping up and down to get keenan allen in the 4th i was like god dang get quinton patton...do something dammit...it was useless...

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Yeah, I knew we'd add a blocking TE, but I half expected it to be an UDFA or early cut guy. Blocking TE's aren't highly regarded in the WCO like they are on power running teams. It just seemed like Ireland thought we only had 3 holes on our team and they were all on defense. We drafted pass rusher, CB and cover LB. The other picks looked like ways to reduce salary cap. Hopefully he doesn't think this roster is that close to complete.

Hoops lets take a look at next years roster. How many holes will we have next yr after the one yr contracts r gone and we lose our free agents. I feel like every yr we are filling holes caused by Ireland decisions. For everyone calling Ireland first round pick great, how can you fudge up the 3rd pick in the draft. Thank the football gods he didn't. I really hope we upgrade our gm next year with someone who knows how to draft talent in every round.

This draft reminded me of a good sandwich.....the bread was great on the top and bottom but there was something in between the bun that you had to toss out because it tainted the overall taste. :eat:

This draft reminded me of a good sandwich.....the bread was great on the top and bottom but there was something in between the bun that you had to toss out because it tainted the overall taste. :eat:

You expressed everything I feel lol, I wish I could express my feelings as good as you.

Back
Top Bottom