hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish...

I was just pointing it out for the mere fact he did it. How many guys his size can you see doing that?

fair point...not many...not sure i'd want him out there on a pro slot...but yeah it's a testament to his skills for sure....his versatility is very nice...

I bet Welker could burn him but idk.

I wouldn't mind him covering say Hernandez out wide.

yeah maybe...maybe...those guys like hernandez are crafty...in a full man carry coverage down the field thing i'm not sure i like it but in a drop in the flats or soft zone thing absolutely...

anyways the possibilities for his use for coyle are pretty endless...you could rush that from a stand up position on overload blitzes or even up the middle on delays and given his skill set give folks fits...i would hope we would take advantage of his talents more than just on the edge against a tackle...

Me too. Coyle so far has proven to be a good mind. He made us have. Decent defense with the talent that we fielded.

Dion Jordan has the potential to be the best player out of the entire draft in 3-5 years which is what you want in a first round pick, obviously an intriguing pick. Outside of him the draft was pretty meh, nothing to get too excited about or mad about.

Ireland said in his day two presser the reason he traded out of the 3rd was there were a few players he was targeting and he was hoping he could get an extra pick and still get one of those players. Then he traded back into the third because all of those guys started disappearing fast, so it sounds like he had a group of 3-5 players graded out the same, do you think Stedman Baily was one of those players? For me Baily would have changed my outlook from "meh" to "pretty excited".

Dion Jordan has the potential to be the best player out of the entire draft in 3-5 years which is what you want in a first round pick, obviously an intriguing pick. Outside of him the draft was pretty meh, nothing to get too excited about or mad about.

Ireland said in his day two presser the reason he traded out of the 3rd was there were a few players he was targeting and he was hoping he could get an extra pick and still get one of those players. Then he traded back into the third because all of those guys started disappearing fast, so it sounds like he had a group of 3-5 players graded out the same, do you think Stedman Baily was one of those players? For me Baily would have changed my outlook from "meh" to "pretty excited".

It's ridiculous we didn't draft Bailey. Ireland's trades in the scenarios you mentioned were out of panic.

I'm giving this draft a B-. It wasn't too bad but we are trying to be the best, and this was not our best given 11 picks, 5 top 82 picks, plus trading away Devone Bess, as our resources. I'm not so disappointed in the players we got, but it's in the players we didn't get.

Most of our deficiencies on offense were ignored, and we also had many needs on defense and ST which were addressed. With all of those resources we should have drafted 11 players minimum, adding competition and depth at more positions. We only drafted 9 and one was a kicker.

Everything was going great, we traded away #42 for good value and then even recovered the lost pick at #82. But there in the third it started to unravel. Bess was traded for no picks to Cleveland for a seven slot trade up in the 4th and trading a high 7th for a basement 5th. The best part of that deal was the high 4th should have been tradeable during the QB run there, but for whatever reason, we used the pick instead; so much for Bess.

The victory at #82 was short lived when we turned around and gave our only good 5th and only good 7th left to GB (along with a 4th) to grab Davis at #93. There were several comparable CBs left and there was not much interest in CB after our panic pick. This cost us 2 players and we never got them back. Davis was an unnecessary trade up reach and then Jenkins was also a reach, at the Bess pick, which should have been traded to offset the Davis debacle. Quality LBs were selected all through round 4 after we selected Jenkins.

After we got Dion Sims, a lot of quality useful players slipped by us but we had given away our picks; all the time knowing we would draft Sturgis and Jones with our last two picks. That left us with one low 5 which was Gillislee and we were done. No OT, DT, nor WR picks, and no ST nor depth guys when we could have had two or three of these guys. We're not SF, we need holes filled, competition, and depth, so it's wrong to give away picks in this situation.

Sorry, but that isn't championship draft management. Parts of it were so they get a passing grade. It's too bad because we had a lot invested in this draft.

RW

Back
Top Bottom