hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...day 3...an odd finish...

I liked the Sims picked better than some here. Think he's a better receiver that some give him credit for here. For what it's worth Kiper had him as the 3rd best TE in the class noting his large soft hands and surprising downfield abilities for his size. Throw in that he's one of the better blocking TE's and a good red zone threat (35" verticle) and I think he'll be more than just a blocking guy in on 1st/2nd down runs.

I love how fans don't like a guy because they haven't heard of a guy....when in reality they've probably never watched the guys they've heard of in the first place...

I love how fans don't like a guy because they haven't heard of a guy....when in reality they've probably never watched the guys they've heard of in the first place...

I love how fin fans defend 7rd picks when in reality they never make it.

Fact. I guarantee you if Hoops would have started a thread yesterday praising Will Davis...he would have a completely different perception. Now Hoops is a great evaluator from what Ive seen but too many people will read something and then make a decision on the guy when they haven't even seen him play.

I love how fin fans defend 7rd picks when in reality they never make it.

What do you want people to do? You evaluate a guy and if you like him then you defend him. Obviously odds are low but you have to look at the guy for what he is and that is as a 7th rounder. Jones happens to have some elite physical tools and has a lot of upside, that's what I want out of a 7th rounder. No use on hating the pick, especially if you're just listening to the talking heads.

What no one discusses is whether or not a college player can get better. It's as if an evaluation is set in stone. Sometimes it takes vision to make a player. The better the athlete, the better potential for progress, but it's the development of a player that usually makes or breaks them. If Coyle can develop Will Davis into a consistent nickel defender, then it was worth the 3rd round pick, IMHO. From what I"ve read, he's intellegent but green. He has skills, he just seems to lack focus. People can be trained to focus. Give him time.

you know i was a little underwhelmed maybe dissappointed was a better word with the way things shook out the last 2 days pretty much so i decided tonight to go and grab a couple cold ones and take a look at dion jordans combine performance again...and man all that did was put a smile on my face...man is that kid gifted...those feet are special...his burst is special...the way he was able to drop his hips in drills and open his hips to make cuts nothing short of special...that kids hips make cam wakes look like chump change...he doesn't have wakes power obviously but his cod and hips are high end level db like...all on a 248 lb frame with left tackle 33 7/8 inch arm length...and his hands look huge...

please let that kid come to camp at 255 lbs...please

you know i was a little underwhelmed maybe dissappointed was a better word with the way things shook out the last 2 days pretty much so i decided tonight to go and grab a couple cold ones and take a look at dion jordans combine performance again...and man all that did was put a smile on my face...man is that kid gifted...those feet are special...his burst is special...the way he was able to drop his hips in drills and open his hips to make cuts nothing short of special...that kids hips make cam wakes look like chump change...he doesn't have wakes power obviously but his cod and hips are high end level db like...all on a 248 lb frame with left tackle 33 7/8 inch arm length...and his hands look huge...

please let that kid come to camp at 255 lbs...please

2 years better than Von Miller and Aldon Smith

2 years better than Von Miller and Aldon Smith

i'm not going there...aldon smiths outside back inside move is filthy...and he's got the most rediculous arm length on a pass rusher maybe i've ever seen...35 plus inch arms...are you kidding me...

von millers burst as a prospect on the edge may be the best i've seen in a long time...but i will say this he's got all the tools to be as good as either of those guys and just knowing that is possible for us is awesome...we talk about difference makers well this kids got everything you could ever ask for...only thing is more pass rush polish and strength...

anyways...guys that tall should never have those kind of hips folks...sky is the limit here

i am so glad we didn't make that move up for a guy with tools the level of a ziggy ansah...these are two different level athletes movement skill wise

Dion Jordan will be a stud.

I did exactly what hoops did, go back and watch his combine. Dude is just a scary freak.

Dion Jordan will be a stud.

I did exactly what hoops did, go back and watch his combine. Dude is just a scary freak.

for a comparison watch corey lemoniers combine work...his hips are more wake like...watch how he is unable to drop his hips as he rounds a corner and how upright he is...and it looks stiff

and then watch jordan against any one that was in the dline group...and take a look at how in the footwork and explosion drills he puts his foot in the ground opens his hips and changes direction with no wasted movement and terrific balance...he just fires out of it...i'm serious it's high round 1 pick cornerback worthy...

for a comparison watch corey lemoniers combine work...his hips are more wake like...watch how he is unable to drop his hips as he rounds a corner and how upright he is...and it looks stiff

and then watch jordan against any one that was in the dline group...and take a look at how in the footwork and explosion drills he puts his foot in the ground opens his hips and changes direction with no wasted movement and terrific balance...he just fires out of it...i'm serious it's top 20 pick cornerback worthy...

There's a clip of Dion Jordan covering a slot WR, I forgot the team but he was playing press man on a slot WR. He ran with him across the field like a ****ing corner.

It blew my mind.

There's a clip of Dion Jordan covering a slot WR, I forgot the team but he was playing press man on a slot WR. He ran with him across the field like a ****ing corner.

It blew my mind.

i saw that...and yeah it's nice and all to have that possibility...but you don't go up for that guy and take him in the top 3 to cover...maybe you do that more than normal early while he adds weight and learns to play with leverage and power and don't get me wrong when he drops he's gonna look damn good at it but you take that cat over the long haul to hunt the qb...do not waste those tools by asking him to drop a lot...

he was beautiful though in the drop like a lb drill put your foot in the ground and explode forward out of it...man are those hips good...

i saw that...and yeah it's nice and all to have that possibility...but you don't go up for that guy and take him in the top 3 to cover...maybe you do that more than normal early while he adds weight and learns to play with leverage and power and don't get me wrong when he drops he's gonna look damn good at it but you take that cat over the long haul to hunt the qb...do not waste those tools by asking him to drop a lot...

he was beautiful though in the drop like a lb drill put your foot in the ground and explode forward out of it...man are those hips good...

I was just pointing it out for the mere fact he did it. How many guys his size can you see doing that?

Back
Top Bottom