hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape...

:lol: it's not my fault you guys can't separate athlete and playmaker from the actual lb play...which is the most critical part of the evaluation

Keke Mingo was all athlete and people loved him. He will be a bust.

When you talk about athlete and playmaker and not having instincts…all I can think of was Mingo. What a reach he was for Cleveland.

When you talk about athlete and playmaker and not having instincts…all I can think of was Mingo. What a reach he was for Cleveland.

For the record Hoops was a BIG fan of Mingo iirc.

I actually prefer the style, it's like a conversation, need to think like he's talking, with pauses, the periods and spacing allows you to know he wants you to move on to a different thought.

bingo...thank you sir

For the record Hoops was a BIG fan of Mingo iirc.

absolutely...still am...he's learning 34 olb when all he did at lsu was come forward...there's a transition there for sure...ask cleveland if they are dissappointed with the pick...

typical hayden...talks a big game offers jack squat...wish he'd stay out of my threads

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be real telling if the browns take Mack at 4.

Considering there is a brand new admin and new coach, I am not sure "who to ask in Cleveland" if they like Mingo.

absolutely...still am...he's learning 34 olb when all he did at lsu was come forward...there's a transition there for sure...ask cleveland if they are dissappointed with the pick...

typical hayden...talks a big game offers jack squat...wish he'd stay out of my threads

Here is the bottom line…what you describe and rip Shazier for is ABSOLUTELY the player that Mingo was at LSU…and they took him at 6.

ones a defensive end pass rusher in college who never played lb and always came forward at lsu being drafted as a 34 olb that high because of his physical tools as a edge pass rusher which i said validate a top 5 grade even coming out and making a transition the other is a lb and will be drafted as such either inside in a 34 or will or mike in a 43...a position in a scheme that requires instincts...and shows as a complete post snap reactionary player in regards to the actual lb play at this stage...

the bottom line is you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about comparing mingos skill set and requirements as a pass rusher in a 34 to a 43 mike or will lb or inside lb in a 34...so stop trying...you're just reinforcing what i have known about you for quite a while...

now please kindly exit stage left

ones a defensive end pass rusher in college who never played lb being drafted as a 34 olb and making a transition the other is lb and will be drafted as such either inside in a 34 or will or mike in a 43...a position in a scheme that requires instincts...and shows as a complete post snap reactionary player in regards to the actual lb play at this stage...

the bottom line is you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about comparing mingos skill set and requirements as a pass rusher in a 34 to a 43 mike or will lb or inside lb in a 34...so stop trying...you're just reinforcing what i have known about you for quite a while...

now please kindly exit stage left

That is not what this cluttered thread has been about.

difference between lavonte david coming out and shazier is one was a presnap player with terrific instincts and awareness for the position and the other is a post snap player who lacks awareness at this stage...

at a position that requires instincts and awareness to be played at the high end level...i hope hickeys smarter than this...

and i'm not even gonna say that mosley is gonna be auto a better player...i'm sure a athlete like shazier will provide splash plays and wow with athleticism...but lb play isn't about that when it comes to the big picture in a 43 like we run...what i am gonna say is that mosely has the instincts the awareness and the feel for coverage that you look for in high end every down 43 lbs...difference making level awareness and instincts

a presnap vs a post snap reactionary player at this stage...and this core has no instincts or awareness right now so all we'd be adding in that regard is more of the same with shazier...pair that with a lb that has those traits and yeah i buy in but we don't have it and he's not gonna learn squat from our unit...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah you better change the subject...that wasnt gonna go very well for you...

What would you like to debate?

I think Shazier is an explosive, but undersized LB. He is an amazing athlete that has production to meet that athletic ability. He has been coached up well and played in a big time conference. I also feel he can excel in system in which he is freed up to chase the ball.

Finally, early on, Shazier will be a stud on special teams. A dynamic presence on coverage units...

Cant we get a solid lb in the second round? we only seem to be linked to first round ones

Back
Top Bottom