hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...potential #19 pick lb ryan shazier tale of the tape...

WOW, my vote for :fhpotd:. CK :yourock:

Uhh hooshoops.... :sorry::owned1:

I'm glad you appreciate the post but there's no need to drag me into pissing contests. This tendency is one reason why I've posted maybe all of once or twice on the main forum here in the last five month or so.

I'm glad you appreciate the post but there's no need to drag me into pissing contests. This tendency is one reason why I've posted maybe all of once or twice on the main forum here in the last five month or so.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, there is someone in this thread who is so annoying with his arrogance that he is right and anyone who disagrees with him is clueless that I may have enjoyed your post more than I should have. But when you combine
-the over whelming numbers in favor of Shazier
-that Mosley saw a lot fewer blockers,
-that Mosley has medical issues,
-that Saban has his players closer to their ceiling than most any others coaches, so Shazier who already has great instincts, has more room to improve.
-Shazier is bigger, and MUCH faster
-Shazier is a play maker, where Mosley is a "play it safe" player, (didn't we get enough of those with the last GM)
I just can't see how you can justify drafting another Channing Crowder, who couldn't come up with a game changing play for the very same reason Mosley won't. Your LB can't be a "play it safe" player, unless your happy with a team that can't make plays with the season on the line.

he is gonna get exposed it will be ugly on 3rd down

I agree, I don't think he is a 3 down LB. But Borland would be an improvement on 1st and 2nd down, and is a lot better than what we have now. We have Jenkins who can play in coverage on 3rd down.

I think Shazier will be the pick. The top O-lineman will likely be gone and I can't see us taking Kouandjio or Moses at #19. I think Ebron will probably be gone at TE. There are plenty of WR's and we can take one later. I think it could come down to Mosley or Shazier, if we can't trade down. I hope it's Shazier.

WOW, my vote for :fhpotd:. CK :yourock:

Uhh hooshoops.... :sorry::owned1:

Not cool man! Hoops is a valued poster and there is absolutely nothing wrong with his thoughts on Shazier.
He took his time to do the research and write it up and then post it so that we all can benefit.

CK's work speaks for it self and it's unfortunate because of baiting situations like this we've gotten less and less of his work recently.

Not cool at all....

i posted my take...ktown can no thanks every post i make all he wants...this is the same guy that says misi has no value in our lb core when he's the only one really worth a damn...strength at the poa and run defense and pretty solid tackler...2 down solb just like many of them in the league...anyways i explained my take on the shazier thing as in depth as i could...you don't agree fine...at lb i will take instincts and awareness any day

this would be a horrible pick in miamis lb core that has absolutely ZERO instincts in it as it is...if he comes here to play the will you got wheeler and jenkins to compete with for snaps...if anything look for your will next year...but i digress i guess...you just gave up your only dt that really kept lbs clean you really want one who's all post snap reactionary???

be smarter than this hickey...

b/t a few hand picked cut up plays doesn't mean **** to me when you look at things as a whole...but i never said even one word about facing more 2nd level blockers...i did say that mosley avoids 2nd level defenders more efficiently cause he's usually a step ahead of the blocker with his read and dx...and i stand behind it just like i stand behind everything i say...

Last edited by a moderator:
this would be a horrible pick in miamis lb core that has absolutely ZERO instincts in it as it is...if he comes here to play the will you got wheeler and jenkins to compete with for snaps...if anything look for your will next year...but i digress i guess...you just gave up your only dt that really kept lbs clean you really want one who's all post snap reactionary???

Riddle me this Hoops,

You don't think pulling Wheeler out and inserting Shaizer would make our LB group marginally better if not a lot better from last season? Not to mention Misi and more specifically Ellerbe getting an additional year playing in the LB scheme.

i posted my take...ktown can no thanks every post i make all he wants...this is the same guy that says misi has no value in our lb core when he's the only one really worth a damn...strength at the poa and run defense and pretty solid tackler...2 down solb just like many of them in the league...anyways i explained my take on the shazier thing as in depth as i could...you don't agree fine...at lb i will take instincts and awareness any day

be smarter than this hickey...

b/t a few hand picked cut up plays doesn't mean **** to me when you look at things as a whole...but i never said even one word about facing more 2nd level blockers...i did say that mosley avoids 2nd level defenders more efficiently cause he's usually a step ahead of the blocker with his read and dx...and i stand behind it just like i stand behind everything i say...

hoops, I had it in my mind to do that little survey for a while, but beanh8er's comments that led me to post the results - nothing you said.

We agree on some guys, and we disagree on some guys. This year, we seem to be disagreeing more than typical, but that's bound to happen every few years - especially with a class this stacked with talent.

But to the point of your writing style, I think most of us enjoy it. I do. A lot.

Riddle me this Hoops,

You don't think pulling Wheeler out and inserting Shaizer would make our LB group marginally better if not a lot better from last season? Not to mention Misi and more specifically Ellerbe getting an additional year playing in the LB scheme.

it will get more explosive sure and you will add some playmaking but you still still have the same no clue read and dx issues you had before...maybe he will learn instincts although i dont think i've ever seen that develop in the pros but you will still have all post snap reactionary players for 2014 at least...

and at lb that's EXACTLY what you don't want...not to mention you'd be eating wheelers salary and not getting any snaps out of it and you just drafted a wolb only real fit in jenkins who admittedly also has no instincts but has coverage skills in nickel etc

if you are gonna do anything at lb this year get a mike...can't say it enough...and theres no way i'm putting shazier at mike in our unit when i have never seen him make a call or an adjustment period...2 years at lb and you want that as the qb of your defense??? hell no

I don't even consider this kid a 1st rnd player.

How many undersized linebackers make it in the NFL at a very productive level? Almost none...

I still don't even see what he does so well to warrant him being a 1st rnd pick. All I hear is about his athletism, Nothing about his linebacker skills. And his athletism when you consider he's undersized is a lot less impressive.

I don't even consider this kid a 1st rnd player.

How many undersized linebackers make it in the NFL at a very productive level? Almost none...

I still don't even see what he does so well to warrant him being a 1st rnd pick. All I hear is about his athletism, Nothing about his linebacker skills. And his athletism when you consider he's undersized is a lot less impressive.

Did you read the entire thread?

what i would say is if your hoping for him to develop into something it would probably be a navarro bowman...a guy that made a college to nfl transition to lb....however shazier has been playing lb a couple years and i dont see any instinctual growth there and so that would concern me...

anyways...shoot for a bowman like pro...god knows that would be awesome...although i just cant see it...wish i could...

So it sounds like its very debatable on who is better vs the run but is one of them clearly better at covering backs and TEs? Because if we take a LB I would bet dollars to donuts we'll be taking the guy that has better cover skills and it sounds to me like that is Mosley.

Back
Top Bottom