hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

Agreed on Will Davis, not happy with that pick at all. Disagree about Dallas Thomas tho, think he will be a pleasant surprise. Jamar Taylor was exceptional value and met a big need.

I would bet 500 dollars straight up that Kevin Coyle endorsed the pick of Will Davis. I will go with his opinion on the player for now...

Did you say the same thing with Egnew last year? Coaches are human too and make mistakes regardless of the fact that they are paid to scout these guys.

Just spend the rest of the picks on Gillislee, one of the 2 stud Kickers, and the rest on cornfed for all I care. If we spend 3 picks on cornfed and find at least one gem out of it perhaps we can finally stop worrying about cornfed for a year or two.

Yahtzee!!!

This thread is worth a bump! Hoops nailed this and now with Yeatman hurt we will live it.

Yeah, and I don't know why everyone in this thread are praising Jamar Taylor.....we've seen nothing from him.

This draft sucked, we found ourselves a kicker, good grief

Might look different year three but right now this looks like an absolutely ****ing terrible draft.

Philbin said they drafted Thomas to play the left side.

Can Richie Incognito play RG? Because if not, it sounds like he is going to be the next guy shipped out.

I would guess that was the plan until they figured out Dallas Thomas is horrible.

You don't seem to get that Philbin is working to a much longer timeline with the draft picks. That is what he and Sherman were used to in Green Bay and they believe in not rushing along rookies. It doesn't mean that all of the draft picks are busts. It just means that they prefer to give them longer to develop. (The exceptions are Tannehill, who already knew the system, Martin, who maybe should not have been rushed, Vernon and this year, Caleb Sturgis)
Green Bay has one of the best success rates of developing their drafted players and spending less on free agents. I would like to see more of the rookies as well. But these guys are sticking to their plan because good things sometimes take time.
Did you notice that Rishard Matthews had his best game on Monday? He is a 7th round draft pick who they developed on the longer timeline. He looks very good.

I wish we would have drafted Keenan Allen...When he fell to the 2nd, i kept hoping he would fall to us. but instead, we drafted a corner that has yet to see the field.

You don't seem to get that Philbin is working to a much longer timeline with the draft picks. That is what he and Sherman were used to in Green Bay and they believe in not rushing along rookies. It doesn't mean that all of the draft picks are busts. It just means that they prefer to give them longer to develop. (The exceptions are Tannehill, who already knew the system, Martin, who maybe should not have been rushed, Vernon and this year, Caleb Sturgis)
Green Bay has one of the best success rates of developing their drafted players and spending less on free agents. I would like to see more of the rookies as well. But these guys are sticking to their plan because good things sometimes take time.
Did you notice that Rishard Matthews had his best game on Monday? He is a 7th round draft pick who they developed on the longer timeline. He looks very good.
You may be right but these idiots may not be around to see the day when the picks contribute on the field.

Back
Top Bottom