hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

Learn to read, I clearly said if you judge him ONLY by his tape, meaning you need to consider his measurables, hence where he got drafted where he did.

Do you need a further explanation to understand that comment?

Learn to watch football.

whhy do you need a second deep threat? hartline will get open from the coverage wallace gets and the way wallace will stretch the field. More weapons are a luxry at this point. Slot Wrs can be filled easier than no1 WRs. We have that and a good compliment and agood tightend. Blocking TEs can be had late in the draft too. I think more weapons could help, but miami is fine. Many teams don't have a plethora of speedy WRs and still do good. Look at the broncos offense...who other than demarious was a speedster? But eric decker is a good Wr and was a great compliment to Thomas.
That isn't a luxury because A.) you can't have too many weapons and B.) We have no speed outside of Wallace. That means that we are one Mike Wallace injury away from last year's WR corps.

We've had a good not great defense for a while. I hope this puts it closer.

if denard robinson is chosen to replace bess in the slot tomorrow i'm turning the tv off....not watching any more of it...ha ha

anyways this is my opinions on these picks off my own study...if you don't agree good on ya but i bet most the people flaming me haven't done any work to back it up....

The problem I see, is you started the thread talking about getting flamed , and at the first even comment not flaming you but disagreeing you fly off into a attitude filled post about how great you are and how dumb anyone else is that doesn't agree with you......

I didn't get to see the rounds because of work but already hate the fact we pick Davis and Dallas over Keenan Allen and bailey

Allen and Bailey both got picked one pick before us...makes me sick. I would have liked either of those picks. Instead, we end up with a 3rd round OT (or guard) and a couple of CBs that won't start for a few years (if ever).

For a little perspective, take a look back through about the last five third rounds of the NFL draft and see the percentage of players who have become any good in the NFL.

Yes, please...rationalize this for us...

thank you hoops.... someone who actually knows the prospects happens to agree with me...... SURPRISE..... just get ready to get flamed like I did in my thread...........

Difference being, Hoops offers some opinion and analysis rather than just "I put him a long way down a list that I made up". And don't you mean threadS?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Everything you said is the TRUTH.

Ireland really regresses at certain points in every draft -- a kind of panic sets in and he reverts to bad form.

It's like a player who trains and trains to avoid bad, ingrained habits, but when the heat turns up and crunch time hits, he reverts to bad form.

Ireland left way better talent out there w. boneheaded moves in the third, imo. Maybe the 4th round will be better, since he has a night to sleep on this debacle...

LD

It is simple:
1. Ireland drafts for need
2. Ireland can't see talent after the 1st round

In the first round the players are well known and pretty much agreed upon throughout the league...after that it is like throwing darts for the guy. Moving up in the first was actually good because we got someone that even Ireland couldn't **** up. After that...all bets are off.

What I find funny is the same people who are saying that you can't trash picks cause they haven't played yet are also saying how awesome our first picks are without seeing them play a down in the nfl either

Completely agenda driven

If the plan was to double down on corners, I would've much rather had Kayvon Webster over Will Davis.

I think Amrstead and Allen were going to be the 77 and 82nd pick, but they were chosen right before our picks. So, Ireland figured he'd grab the next guy on his list in Thomas... I think Brennan Williams should have been that pick though.... And trading back for Will Davis when Jordan Poyer is still there????? Not in favor of that at all.. We'll see if we get our steal today.

Guys I want still available: DE ALEX OKAFOR!!!, DT Jesse Williams, RB Marcus Lattimore, WR Ryan Swope, WR Quinton Patton, S Baccari Rambo, RB Jonathan Franklin, OG Barret Jones, OT David Bakhtiari, LB Khaseem Greene, LB Chase Thomas, LB A.J. Klein, S Shamarko Thomas, C Brian Schwenke, LB Brandon Jenkins, TE Nick Kasa, TE Joesph Fauria, LB Cornelius Washington, OT Luke Marquardt, RB Zac Stacy, OT David Quessenberry, DT Everett Dawkins, RB Stephan Taylor, LB Kevin Reddick, S Duke Williams, DE Stansly Maponga, OG Omoregie Uzzie, LB/DE Trevardo Williams, OT Jeff Nady

I respect your opinion and enjoy all your great write ups. But lets be honest, there's a reason you're posting on a forum and not getting paid to talk prospects. No one knows how these guys will pan out or what position they can and can't play.

No reason any Dolphin fans should be negative with the way yesterday and today had played out.

One of the most asinine things a person can write on these boards. Essentially, "your opinion doesn't matter because you're not paid to do it." He and Slimm back their opinions up, positive or negative. You don't. No need to be jealous. :lol:

What I find funny is the same people who are saying that you can't trash picks cause they haven't played yet are also saying how awesome our first picks are without seeing them play a down in the nfl either

Completely agenda driven
:lol: True. They have no problem with me saying Dion Jordan is a great pick, but a huge problem with me saying Dallas Thomas isn't.

Well, I just posted my feelings about this round in my last Get Real thread.

I will have to say, Im slightly more disappointed now after reading Hoops' review of the two players as I respect his opinions. I know he studies these players and usually has a good idea.

But, again my biggest disappointment about it all is we passed on a guy I think will be a top notch WR in the NFL. He was right there for the taking and I still dont think our WR corps is top level. The only players left at the position are basically role players and not potential pro bowl caliber guys like Bailey. Im fine without adding a WR in the draft at this point as I think Matthews can be a fine role player.

Just spend the rest of the picks on Gillislee, one of the 2 stud Kickers, and the rest on cornfed for all I care. If we spend 3 picks on cornfed and find at least one gem out of it perhaps we can finally stop worrying about cornfed for a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom