How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class

look at all those sacks and still in year two with a run game that has been tabled due to ineffectiveness in many games 2800 plus yards an 82 rating completion percentage at 62 percent...and a top level red zone efficiency rating

and people want to tell me the qbs not developing???

:lol:

Exactly. RT has taken almost twice as many sacks as the rest of them, yet is second among them in passing yards and tied for second in TDs. ... RT is also second among that group in accuracy.

Considering how quickly Tannehill has to get rid of the balls, can you imagine once the O-line is fixed, and defense have to respect the run....Tannehill is going to feel like he has an eternity to find someone. Tannehill does still need to correct some things, and get more experience, but he could be special one day...there I said it!!!

Sammy Watkins in Miami is a suspension for substance abuse waiting to happen. Ricky Williams all over again.

I don't know man.

He had that one time last year but his history in Clemson would suggest that that was an isolated incident.

When I went up there a few weeks ago to see that game and enjoy the campus he was the talk of the town in terms of being a leader on and off the filed, taking control and being a great community figure. He's matured alot since his incident IMO

the heck with the 2nd year class...put his numbers up there against every qb and lets see where he shakes out...

it's nuts how much dumb heat this qbs taking on this board from the usual suspects...

They have to blame someone because they didn't see the problems with the OL coming...and can't admit how bad the OL really is...

I am giving Tannehill a "pass" this year just because of it. He has been getting better at his reads and handles the blitz well (when properly picked up.) However, he still has issues with accuracy.

at the end of the year i want to put up every qbs yearly stats since marinos against tannehills 2nd year stats and see just where he shakes out...i bet you it's way the hell up there...and in year two nowhere near a finished product no less

i understand those qbs weren't good but we finally have one to build around and people want to toss him like trash...comical really

They have to blame someone because they didn't see the problems with the OL coming...and can't admit how bad the OL really is...

I am giving Tannehill a "pass" this year just because of it. He has been getting better at his reads and handles the blitz well (when properly picked up.) However, he still has issues with accuracy.

Don't forget that a lot of them also say the o-line is the least important positional group in football and that you can get by with any ol' cornfeds.

Don't forget that a lot of them also say the o-line is the least important positional group in football and that you can get by with any ol' cornfeds.

And most of them complain when an o-lineman is taken in the 1st 3 rds of the draft.

at the end of the year i want to put up every qbs yearly stats since marinos against tannehills 2nd year stats and see just where he shakes out...i bet you it's way the hell up there...and in year two nowhere near a finished product no less

i understand those qbs weren't good but we finally have one to build around and people want to toss him like trash...comical really
Only three since Marino that are even worth bringing up. And none of them were stuck behind this horrible line.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FiedJa00/gamelog/2001/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FrerGu00/gamelog/2005/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PennCh01/gamelog/2008/

It's just disappointing that we have to have threads like this, threads that have to show that Tannehill is not the problem with this team... you always like to think that fans of your favorite team are smarter than the average fan, but when your team starts losing, critical thinking gets thrown out the window... anyone can tell you why a team is winning, but apparently not many can dissect why a team loses.

It's just disappointing that we have to have threads like this, threads that have to show that Tannehill is not the problem with this team... you always like to think that fans of your favorite team are smarter than the average fan, but when your team starts losing, critical thinking gets thrown out the window... anyone can tell you why a team is winning, but apparently not many can dissect why a team loses.

yeah why have threads that say the 2nd year qb is playing pretty damn good football and worth investing in...throw those out

there's a delicate balance here though that must be understood...rg3s numbers are very close to tannehills but he is a qb that depends on a specific system for success...not a guy that can stand back there and read the field from the pocket or make great presnap reads... a read option and pistol qb who needs single coverage and easy read looks and who's game plays to contact...

luckily with ryan tannehill that is not us and over the long term it will show itself as one has long term stay ability and the other is flash in the pan and already showing poor body language now that that flash in the pan system is being exposed

Who is "they?" The last three posts refer to this mysterious they. Is that what this board has devolved into, pro and anti Tannehill camps? We're all Dolphin fans. We all have different takes on the team, and varying levels of faith in different players or coaches.

I'm hoping the kid pans out. But I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed in his play. And who knows, maybe he is, too. He's the one who makes the reads, chooses the pass or run option, tips off or fools the defense, pump fakes or doesn't, looks away at his receiver or doesn't, has chemistry with his receivers or doesn't, has good ball placement or doesn't, is elusive in the pocket or isn't, and scrambles for a first down, or doesn't scramble. It's not like he's doing nothing behind center. The QB is the most important position on the field.

If you look at last Sunday, he got good protection for a change. He also had a hot receiver. He had a defense that gave him great field position many times, and got a turnover for him. I don't know what more he could want. A running game? Sure, that wasn't there. But you can't tell me that despite that, we couldn't have won it. We could have. Put Cam Newton behind center on our team on Sunday, and tell me, do we lose? No, of course not, we win.

Where exactly did the thread prove that Tanehill is not one of the reasons for our losses? I must have missed that.

And most of them complain when an o-lineman is taken in the 1st 3 rds of the draft.

Yeah, I will complain. There is no reason to draft offensive linemen in the first three rounds.

Examples:
With Jonathan Martin (2nd round pick), Richie Incognito (3rd) and Maurice Pouncey (1st) we were the worst offensive line in football surrendering 32 sacks in 7 games (up until the New England game) which is 4.6 sacks a game.

The last two games we had Bryant McKinnie (1st), Sam Brenner (undrafted rookie) and Nate Garner (7th) replacing the three mentioned above. In those games we have surrendered 7 sacks, equals 3.5 sacks a game. Exactly one fewer sack per game.
Also, the undrafted rookie (Sam Brenner) got promoted from the practice squad played although we have Dallas Thomas (3rd round rookie) and Danny Waktins (1st round pick in 2011) on the team.

It's not about where the players are picked, it's who you pick. But the chances of finding a playmaker in later rounds is considerably lower that in the first rounds. That's why you draft playmakers early.

I'm wondering what Tyler Eifert could have done for our offensive line and for Tannehill...

The criticism of him has been ridiculous. I even read a post today that the Dolphins are a really good team if they had a QB. :lol:

It's rare that a QB can come in to the league and make a significant impact unless they have strong team around them. Russell Wilson has the benefit of a tremendous defense, solid coaching and a strong running game. Andrew Luck is suddenly looking like a second year guy since Wayne is gone. RGIII has been bad.

The majority of starting QBs go through growing pains which is what the Dolphins are experiencing now. Those complaining now don't understand the process of development or lack the patience for it.

[...]
If you look at last Sunday, he got good protection for a change. He also had a hot receiver. He had a defense that gave him great field position many times, and got a turnover for him. I don't know what more he could want. A running game? Sure, that wasn't there. But you can't tell me that despite that, we couldn't have won it. We could have. Put Cam Newton behind center on our team on Sunday, and tell me, do we lose? No, of course not, we win.
Absolutely positively not. Cam Newton couldn't do squat against our defense on Sunday and I still don't know how we managed to give this game away.

Back
Top Bottom