How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

OK lets say this slow for the hard of hearing....this was not a move....we...did...not...have...a....choice.

There was a poison pill in the offer tendered by the Patriots. This means that had Miami tried to match the offer the cap number would have shot through the roof and we would have been hemorraging players. We did not have an option of resigning Welker...no ifs ands or buts about it.

Whether you felt like we got value or not (and we actually did) is irrelevant. We did not have a choice.

sure we had a choice. we could have overpaid him vastly to a 7 year 40 million dollar contract :foundout:

sure we had a choice. we could have overpaid him vastly to a 7 year 40 million dollar contract :foundout:

LOL yeah I guess we could have given him Peyton Manning money, and cut about half of our defense to keep him on the roster...

I would love to see someone give me an argument on how THAT would have been a good move for the organization.

LOL yeah I guess we could have given him Peyton Manning money, and cut about half of our defense to keep him on the roster...

I would love to see someone give me an argument on how THAT would have been a good move for the organization.

and then the same people who said we were dumb to let him go would be saying we were dumb to sign him to that contract when his stats this year would have ended up being 65 rec 700 yards and 1 TD :up:

Oh yeah, and a 0 in the TD returns column

and then the same people who said we were dumb to let him go would be saying we were dumb to sign him to that contract when his stats this year would have ended up being 65 rec 700 yards and 1 TD :up:

I guess what cracks me up (and frustrates me) is that as an organization we HAVE made a ton of mistakes. And then people get their panties in a wad about things that weren't a mistake. It's like shooting fish in a barrel and coming out with an apple. How the heck did you miss?

If you want to gripe...

Daunte Culpepper over Drew Brees
AJ Feeley for a 2nd rounder
Jamar Fletcher over Drew Brees
Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin

and that's just for starters! Keep blame where it is due....

Ahem

20031219insidefinsdec-1.jpg

(sarcasm) What are you talking about? Wes Welker would have made us undefeated!!!!!!! (sarcasm)

Welker would have had a terrible yr if he would have stayed here. Booker and Ginn, do not demand the respect as recievers that Moss, and Stallworth do. And with their two TE's you have to be aware of them too. Brady is a good catching TE, as well as Watson. Martin does not strike fear in the heart of defenses. Plus with the inconsistent play at QB his numbers would have been terrible. Plus Cam probably would have traded him down the road anyways, I mean if he traded Chambers. Plus we got Satele out of it, a possible pro bowl player in the hopefully near future.

EEEWWWWW!!!! Man love!! Well for your sake I hope he at least has man boobs like bill parcells. Just kidding!! eh at the end of the day.

any guy that plays in the slot in that new england offense could do what welker is doing, it was a good tradefor us, we would not have gotten that kind of production from welker is he was still a phin this past season.

Are you kidding me. Wes Welker is the best slot reciever in football only because he has the best QB in football throwing to him. can we say brandon stockley anyone. he was so beloved in Indy and where is he now. thats all wes welker will ever be a slot WR nothing more. like other have said getting a 2nd round pick for a slot WR is awesome and besides we got a very solid OL guy for many years to come. so yea i would make that trade everytime no hesitation. people who actually know football will tell you the same thing

and a good slot reciever is a bad thing? or not worth it or a dime a dozen as others have spewed here? that good slot reciever will get you a first down/move the "chains" more often than not. hence him leading us in receptions with "checkdown joey" at the helm last season.

geeze maybe you should tell that to oj mcduffie and dan marino... bet they would feel otherwise.

and a good slot reciever is a bad thing? or not worth it or a dime a dozen as others have spewed here? that good slot reciever will get you a first down/move the "chains" more often than not. hence him leading us in receptions with "checkdown joey" at the helm last season.

geeze maybe you should tell that to oj mcduffie and dan marino... bet they would feel otherwise.

Id bet my life that Dan Marino would covet a good offensive lineman to save his butt from getting killed everygame than a slot reciever

Back
Top Bottom