Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Unless something changes, it looks like the swath of hurricane force winds is about 40 miles out from center. This image isn't current because the storm is just off Puerto Rico's Northeast corner, but it gives you an idea of the wind speed we can expect if she makes land fall. Still hoping for a quicker turn to east so none of us gets the brunt of those crazy high winds near the center.

WindField_2.png.jpg

I believe the barometric pressure is one to watch. Anything below 930 is run for the hills type storm.

My girlfriend lives in Coral Ridge and I work off Broward Blvd near Federal.

Out here in Delray and we're expecting the worst. Hoping everyone is prepared by tomorrow evening.

Ugh, Broward and Federal to Delray . . . That is a nasty drive during afternoon rush hour. Was just on the turnpike from 595/university to get off at commercial and it was a 40 minute drive with no accident, just stop and go. Traffic is nuts out here right now. I normally do that drive in under 10 minutes.

I am down to 1/4 tank in my cx-9 but i am off until wednesday so i will lurk for some gas tomorrow, my wife lucked out on gas this morning for her impala.

The plan is to finish everything by tomorrow early evening and watch the game. I am hoping to be playing video games most of the day Friday and not having to leave the house until tuesday at the earliest.

For sure get it all done by tomorrow if possible. Friday wont be fun and saturday it gets real. Stay safe.

Ugh, Broward and Federal to Delray . . . That is a nasty drive during afternoon rush hour. Was just on the turnpike from 595/university to get off at commercial and it was a 40 minute drive with no accident, just stop and go. Traffic is nuts out here right now. I normally do that drive in under 10 minutes.

I am down to 1/4 tank in my cx-9 but i am off until wednesday so i will lurk for some gas tomorrow, my wife lucked out on gas this morning for her impala.

The plan is to finish everything by tomorrow early evening and watch the game. I am hoping to be playing video games most of the day Friday and not having to leave the house until tuesday at the earliest.

For sure get it all done by tomorrow if possible. Friday wont be fun and saturday it gets real. Stay safe.
Damn right. Just did my shutters.... Helped friends and family all day without shutters (plywood). Got everything prepared.

Tomorrow I am watching the game and Friday it's Madden time. Gonna enjoy the electricity while it lasts.

I believe the barometric pressure is one to watch. Anything below 930 is run for the hills type storm.
Yeah, but they were saying bc the pressure outside the storm is higher than normal that marker might actually be higher than 930.

By the way, I work for a national substance abuse treatment provider. If any of you or your family have somebody who is in treatment in south Florida and need to get to a safer place let me know. I can try to help with relocations.

Just found out my aunt and uncle in Boca got a flight up to Trenton, and they're gonna stay with my cousin in PA. Two of my other cousins in Lake Worth are a paramedic and a dispatcher, respectively, and they have to stay because they'll likely be working or on call. If you're riding it out, please stay safe!

Just found out my aunt and uncle in Boca got a flight up to Trenton, and they're gonna stay with my cousin in PA. Two of my other cousins in Lake Worth are a paramedic and a dispatcher, respectively, and they have to stay because they'll likely be working or on call. If you're riding it out, please stay safe!

I posted the link earlier but JetBlue put a max cap on all direct flights out of FLL at $99 and returning by Wednesday at the same price.

It is pretty surreal trying to book and seeing them go out of stock everytime u find a nonstop city.

I posted the link earlier but JetBlue put a max cap on all direct flights out of FLL at $99 and returning by Wednesday at the same price.

It is pretty surreal trying to book and seeing them go out of stock everytime u find a nonstop city.
Good job by JetBlue. It's nice to see an airline doing something to help rather than gouging. My aunt said they were trying to get flights into Newark or Philly, but she said everything was upwards of $1,000 or more. They ended up getting a flight on Frontier Airlines to Trenton because it was the cheapest they could find.

8 pm update.

Everyone in Ft Laud an surrounding areas be careful. It's going to be very very ugly when if it makes the current predicted landfall. Travel will be a major hassle but don't let that deter you from leaving if you have any uncertainties about were you are staying.

Back
Top Bottom