I can't believe the posts!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I can't believe the posts!!!

10-4 With Miami....

I'm no Colts fan. They were the big rival back then. But I believe he did well in his 1st year with the Colts, too. That DOES predate me.

<- Sandusky Ohio

And the (correct) answer is....

From NFL.com...
1970 (Shula's 1st yr with Phins)... 10-4, 2nd best record in AFC, wild card. Baltimore won the division at 11-2-1.

Dear Saban haters,
Um... Saban has done an amazing job. He took a 4-12 team against a playoff team on their turf and lost by 10 just a week after dominating ANOTHER playoff team. The Jets SHOULD win. You are just... you're just not smart my friend. I'm sorry. Saban is a much better coach then Herm. Herm... whose team has the same record as ours, but much higher expectations... Again, you are not smart.

Ross said:
Wanny could coached better...

LOL ........truth is that Jet game looked eerily similar to a Wanny coach job, very undisciplined every way you spin it.

dude anyone who continues rambling on about how bad we played and how much of a bust ronnie is is ridiculous...2 games guys and we're 1-1 and we lost to the jetson the road...it pains me to say it bc I hate the Jets but we're not looking bad. Ronnie will come around and ricky will be back...For the 1st time in a long time (what was wanny's tenuer?) I feel the Fins are on the way up and looking real good. Let's have fun with this game this year. Fin fan for life!:tongue:

Y-TownPhinVet said:
Just abit of history girls! :yell: Don Shula had a bad first year, Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year with the Cowboys and won three rings. BB had many bad years with the Browns and a couple with the Pats, but he's a Guru now, go figure! Your negative opinions suck, period! :fire: Try going in to a new job with the expectaions that you have for the Fins this season, you couldn't handle it, nor would you put yourself in that position, if your smart.

Grow up!

What ever. so you decide what a Fan is. I am a fan, and I thought we would not win. Gus is not the QB this fan wants. Further, we did a lot of things on the D side for the future this offseason, that is good. But we did not address the Offense as stongly as I would have liked. It shows. When mistakes determine the outcome fans can be disappionted sir.

And we have A LOT of mistakes. The players were pissed, why not us? Feel free to give that a reply.

Y-TownPhinVet said:
Just abit of history girls! :yell: Don Shula had a bad first year, Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year with the Cowboys and won three rings. BB had many bad years with the Browns and a couple with the Pats, but he's a Guru now, go figure! Your negative opinions suck, period! :fire: Try going in to a new job with the expectaions that you have for the Fins this season, you couldn't handle it, nor would you put yourself in that position, if your smart.

Grow up!

We can all give a history lesson if you like. There are plenty of slow starts that stayed that way to.

fin13 said:
Geee thanks, but these guys get paid like they can play.
Saban makes 5 million why should I be patient.
Make this team win now or get out.
Don't tell me they deserve a break after how they got blown out by the Jets.
Not prepared, what were they doing thinking they were playing Denver again,

You act like this money came out of your pocket. Last time I checked Wayne was signing the checks, so all you should do as a fan is shut your mouth unless you are pumping your team up...

INPHINITY said:
You guy's are brutal!! We won four games last year...looks like its gonna probably take some time,ya think?? I want to win as bad as anyone else but it can't happen overnite, we will be on top again.

Why do the players feel like they should have won?

Finland said:
What ever. so you decide what a Fan is. I am a fan, and I thought we would not win. Gus is not the QB this fan wants. Further, we did a lot of things on the D side for the future this offseason, that is good. But we did not address the Offense as stongly as I would have liked. It shows. When mistakes determine the outcome fans can be disappionted sir.

And we have A LOT of mistakes. The players were pissed, why not us? Feel free to give that a reply.

You have a right to be pissed and express that, however to say the QB isn't what you want, I don't think anyone cares what you want. You sound awfully selfish to me. Look at my screen name, do you think I'm a gus supporter? When I first heard we signed him I was like "god help us if he's the best we can get" but you know what I was wrong. He is not a Favre, Manning, vick, or Mcnabb but he seems to be able to do a good enough job for now until we can find an answer at the QB position.

The point the original poster was making I 110% agree with. We are very obviously a much better team than last year, and that is the goal. We looked better in this jets loss than I remember us looking at any point last year.

So ok, be pissed, be a pesimist, look at the 1/2 empty glass instead of being greatful and happy with the progression being made and keep making mute negative points to kill morale. You are absolutely right...

Finland said:
Why do the players feel like they should have won?

because one bounce the other way and we would have won, everyone in the NFL knows that. They are kicking themselves saying we should have done this or that, and what player or coach do you know that has said "well, I knew coming in we were overmatched and I didn't think we could win anyway so I'm just glad we could keep it close."

Coaches and players have to say that stuff. They wouldn't be competitive athletes if they didn't think they could win every game they play in.

ajajaj said:
You have a right to be pissed and express that, however to say the QB isn't what you want, I don't think anyone cares what you want. You sound awfully selfish to me. Look at my screen name, do you think I'm a gus supporter? When I first heard we signed him I was like "god help us if he's the best we can get" but you know what I was wrong. He is not a Favre, Manning, vick, or Mcnabb but he seems to be able to do a good enough job for now until we can find an answer at the QB position.

The point the original poster was making I 110% agree with. We are very obviously a much better team than last year, and that is the goal. We looked better in this jets loss than I remember us looking at any point last year.

So ok, be pissed, be a pesimist, look at the 1/2 empty glass instead of being greatful and happy with the progression being made and keep making mute negative points to kill morale. You are absolutely right...

That is your answer? The question is...If the players are upset they lost and felt they should have won, why can't we be upset. There were a lot of mistakes. OK so we look better, right now, than 4-12.

Selfish? Because I think we should have been grooming a QB in 1999. Ya OK.
Sure it is my opinion, but then again it is my post.

What do you want a bunch of fans that don't care and have no passion? No opinion? Who would you talk to? You're lucky we are here, AJ.

I don't see half a empty glass either. I am talking about the things that need fixing that everyone can see. It is fun commenting on how to fill that glass up, sir.

ajajaj said:
because one bounce the other way and we would have won, everyone in the NFL knows that. They are kicking themselves saying we should have done this or that, and what player or coach do you know that has said "well, I knew coming in we were overmatched and I didn't think we could win anyway so I'm just glad we could keep it close."

Coaches and players have to say that stuff. They wouldn't be competitive athletes if they didn't think they could win every game they play in.

No, they think they blew a chance to beat a struggling Jets team. And they did blow it.

Finland said:
That is your answer? The question is...If the players are upset they lost and felt they should have won, why can't we be upset. There were a lot of mistakes. OK so we look better, right now, than 4-12.

Selfish? Because I think we should have been grooming a QB in 1999. Ya OK.
Sure it is my opinion, but then again it is my post.

What do you want a bunch of fans that don't care and have no passion? No opinion? Who would you talk to? You're lucky we are here, AJ.

I don't see half a empty glass either. I am talking about the things that need fixing that everyone can see. It is fun commenting on how to fill that glass up, sir.

My answer to you is yes, the players have a right to be pissed because they are the ones that made the mistakes. Of course you can point out things that need worked on, however I don't think we can work on going back in time to 1999 and groom a QB. Who should we have groomed this year Feeley??? as much as I thought that we should groom a QB we would be 0 - 2 if we tried that and I would probably be making negative comments on this site like the rest of you because no progression would have been shown.

Yes of course you have the right to speak your mind, but instead of pointing fingers and complaining about issues of the past why can't you find some usefull ideas that may at least add some optomism to your posts.

Back
Top Bottom