I Turned to the Dark Side | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Turned to the Dark Side

fin-atic said:
Fact is people in Buffalo have nothng else. They have no geography, no points of interest, no good weather. Nothing.

If it weren't for the Bills and chicken wings we would probably let Canada annex you.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Ignorance from fin-atic??? What a surprise.....

Have you ever been to Buffalo?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Ignorance from fin-atic??? What a surprise.....

Have you ever been to Buffalo?
I was wondering when you were gonna defend the place where you live? :lol: BTW, it just wasn't fin-atic. Zod posted a few others as well. :lol:

Yes but I posted fact not opinion. :D

Justasportsfan said:
I was wondering when you were gonna defend the place where you live? :lol: BTW, it just wasn't fin-atic. Zod posted a few others as well. :lol:

I have almost responded several times in the past. I realize that often people are just trying to be funny, so usually I let it go.

People should realize that Western NY is a great place to live. My only complaints are the meat head politicians, the job market, and the sports radio hosts. I am thrilled that WNSA is off the air and they are playing a national sports radio broadcast on that station.

Most of my friends and family are Bills fans, but I don't hold that against them.
:tongue:

Justasportsfan said:
It is? :couch:

Well, I guess it does depend on your circumstances...

I've got a good job, house on the river, big yard, great wife and kids, so for me, life in WNY is good.....

FinfanInBuffalo said:

I've got a good job, house on the river, big yard, great wife and kids, so for me, life in WNY is good.....
To compare both places, So. fla is a great place if you're single. WNY is a better place to raise a family though. IMO. Being that I am single and had to move upstate, I go to Canada and part w/ their women. :lol:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I have almost responded several times in the past. I realize that often people are just trying to be funny, so usually I let it go.

People should realize that Western NY is a great place to live. My only complaints are the meat head politicians, the job market, and the sports radio hosts. I am thrilled that WNSA is off the air and they are playing a national sports radio broadcast on that station.

Most of my friends and family are Bills fans, but I don't hold that against them.
:tongue:

I had a neighbor that moved down here after retirement from a fire department in Buffalo. He and his wife were two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They eventually moved back as they were homesick. They had sons and daughters about my age and I don't think I helped out situations much with them as I probably reminded them of them all of the time. I was told as much. Based on my experience (slim) with people from Buffalo the area houses some fine people.

Now their politics leaves something to be desired though.....She actually made phone calls to home for Hillary Clinton! :eek:

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Living in Rochester I feel an ability to chime in on this. Things good about upstate NY.
Cost of Living
2-3 months in the summer are nice
Close to snow skiing if you like that
Architecture is awesome and b/c of the cost of living you can get a great old place fairly inexpensivly
Close to NYC, Finger Lakes (nicest lake in the world is Canandaigua), Adorondack Mountains (hiking and skiing) etc.

Issues with Upstate
WINTER IS TOO COLD AND TOO LONG
thats about it but that enought from nov-april. If I could move anywhere it may be Cornado (outside of San Diego). Anyone been there? :drool:

I couldn't live anywhere further north than here around Charleston.

I'm so "cold natured", I believe my nipples would crack and fall off up there.

She left her bedroom window open all winter long!

Her poor husband froze his a$$ off. :lol:

30 degrees? Window open!

Back
Top Bottom