If Jay had been the one smoking pot.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay had been the one smoking pot....

Is the huge fine standard for 2nd offense pot smokers? If so, then pay up B1tch. It's not like Ricky (or other NFL stars) make 100K a year like myself and others on this board, he's making millions, and he BROKE THE LAW, and got CAUGHT through standard drug testing. He's an idiot, He lost, pay the price.

Injektilo* said:
Is the huge fine standard for 2nd offense pot smokers? If so, then pay up B1tch. It's not like Ricky (or other NFL stars) make 100K a year like myself and others on this board, he's making millions, and he BROKE THE LAW, and got CAUGHT through standard drug testing. He's an idiot, He lost, pay the price.
The LAW is wrong. Period. The only idots are the ones who still believe that the LAW is not hypocrisy at it's finest

inFINSible said:
You're right, I'm not debating that.....I'm saying that a fine of over half a million dollars for smoking weed is excessive ANYWHERE at ANYTIME.

Like I said this debate could easily be in another froum but, the original question leads down this road...perhaps a nice mod could move this to the political forum and we could really go to town on this topic....

I'm game.....

sure, it's alot but not necessarily for these million $$$ guys. As long as the rule is fair and applied equally, I've no problem with it per say. of course this is just an NFL thing and not a civil fine tho.

DeDolfan said:
sure, it's alot but not necessarily for these million $$$ guys. As long as the rule is fair and applied equally, I've no problem with it per say. of course this is just an NFL thing and not a civil fine tho.

$650,000 is a lot of money no matter how you look at it but, I get your point.

I just get so mad that somebody is MADE INTO a criminal for smoking a little weed.

I can agree that there are plenty of laws (sodomy laws in w.Virginia ect...) that are "wrong". I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking pot, it should be legalized IMHO, but It's not, and there is a system set up to punish offenders of the law. We can't really debate whether laws are hippocritical, especially with the changing times of society- however the law must be upheld for all, until they are debated by our "leaders" and changed. So don't tell me the LAW is wrong... you may not agree with the LAW, but it is what it is.

Injektilo* said:
That is so foolish, hippy.
You don't know me, you don't know anything about me but, I know that you are the type of person that resorts to personal attacks when someone doesn't agree with you.

$650K for smoking pot is outrageous. :fire: The NFL should be ashamed of it self, Randy Moss runs over a cop and they don't say a peep, yet they want to cruficy Ricky for smoking in his privacy. it's not like he was selling the drug to kids or something. He's still a great person that has given a lot back to the comunnity. Best of luck Ricky, fight "The Machine", we still believe in you.

:D ricky is the franchise not fiedler he made a mistake who here is perfect nobody he got a 650,000 heavy fine for smoking a hootie

Injektilo* said:

My understanding is that he recieved the lowest score possible on a test that is far from infallible. The NFL rule (He did not violate a law b/c he was not observed smoking or caught with paraphenalia nor did he fail any test administered by the city or state) sets forth a testing standard. There are many circumstances that will result in a false positive. Therefore, the rule sets forth provision for appeal in order to try to correct some of those errors. RW is following the rule. Only he knows whether he smoked pot or not. If I hadn't smoke pot and had failed a test, I would certainly pursue every avenue to clear my name and not pay $650,000.

He is appealing the test, so we'll see what comes of it. Is the fine outrageous? HELL YEAH, but the NFL is all about IMAGE, that is why T.O. get's a huge fine for pulling a pen after geting a TD. That's why "whats-his-name" in New Orleans got fined for pulling out a cell phone after a TD... that is why a positive drug test gets you fined... Image baby.

there taking all the fun out of the game this game is entertainment lets not forget that it is a game people the players are just having fun for you grumpy old men!!!!!!!

Smoking pot is fun. But the NFL has a policy that if you test positive for Pot you will get fined. This is Ricky's 2nd offense... He knows the "law" of the NFL so he shouldn't smoke pot when it is time to take his drug test. It is stoopid. Hopefully he was dehydrated, or ate some poppy seed cupcakes, or whatever and get's out of it, and clears his name... but this is his 2nd offense and the NFL has rules for this kind of thing... image baby.

Injektilo* said:
I can agree that there are plenty of laws (sodomy laws in w.Virginia ect...) that are "wrong". I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking pot, it should be legalized IMHO, but It's not, and there is a system set up to punish offenders of the law. We can't really debate whether laws are hippocritical, especially with the changing times of society- however the law must be upheld for all, until they are debated by our "leaders" and changed. So don't tell me the LAW is wrong... you may not agree with the LAW, but it is what it is.

You realize this is not a law. This is a company policy. This is not something that gets debated by our leaders and changed. I'll give you an example. Several years ago I was denied a student loan b/c my credit score was too low. When I pulled my credit report, I found that my only black mark was a collection from a hospital I'd never been to. I called and demanded that the reporting agency remove it from my credit report. They refused saying it was company policy. I complained until they complied.

This is no different. The NFL has a policy. I don't know if a 15 score indicates a low, medium or high probability that you smoked pot. But If I were innocent, I'd complain long and loud.

We kinda drifted away from what happened into rules of law in society. If he is innocent of the positive drug test he should fight it, but it is his second offense, and knows the rules of the NFL. I hope Ricky wins.

Back
Top Bottom