If Jay had been the one smoking pot.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay had been the one smoking pot....

poppy said:
Always remember legality and justice are not necessarily the same thing. Thank goodness we've had heroes of history, such as the late great Dr. Martin Luther King, who were able to recognize that.

Some laws are just plain wrong and ultimately unjust.

You are equating smoking marijuana (a mind altering substance) with the civil rights movement? OMG man, that is complete idiocy.

Weeelll, our franchise probably sc****d up twice now!

I really hope he gets the message or he won't be our franchise for long...

THis is not a 'law' this is the drug policy of the NFL. The fine is not $650,000 -- it is a fine of 4 week's pay. In ricky's case, that comes out to $650,000. (Actually, some sources have estimated it as closer to 800K). In my case, well, the fine would be somewhat smaller.

What surprised me is that there is ONLY a fine: I though the rules called for being suspended for 4 game -- and fined those pay amounts.

But for those reading this thinking the law carries a fine of $650,000 -- or even that the NFL carries a fine for $650,000 -- that's not correct. The amount is 4 games worth of pay, so it's a sliding scale actually.

To the point that fan's would be calling for Fiedler's blood if he were the one busted, I'd point out that many fans seem to call for Fielder's blood on a regular basis. THe guy gets a bum rap.

Well, I"m in Miami this week on business, maybe I'll run into Ricky and get his opinion.

xiidaen said:
THis is not a 'law' this is the drug policy of the NFL.

That has been pretty well established, I think. The other stuff that I snipped was good information (as far as Ricky's possible fine is concerned)... good luck in Miami.

Injektilo* said:
You are equating smoking marijuana (a mind altering substance) with the civil rights movement? OMG man, that is complete idiocy.

No, I'm pointing out the fallacy of your legalistic/rigid judgement with a much more important example from our history. I had a feeling you'd go for the moral equivalency angle. C'mon bro allow yourself to be a little more nuanced in your thinking. I know you can do it. :rolleyes:

I'll defer to the bible where it states that all seed bearing plants are for mans use. :D

Injektilo* said:

Yes, that's exactly what he's doing. The Civil Rights movement was a struggle over many years. Why? Simply because black people weren't allowed to drink from the same water fountains, use the same bathrooms, sit in the front of the bus, etc. Little things. All that fighting just to be able to have the rights as others, when there was no reason it should have been taken away in the first place.

The same thing goes with the people who want marijuana to be legalized. It's a basic freedom that shouldn't have been taken away in the first place.

lol..pot ?? are you kidding me ? It's been proved that it has many benefits. Ricky would have to murder someone for me not to give him a pass. He's young, rich and black. Do your thang dog.

Den54 said:
I'll defer to the bible where it states that all seed bearing plants are for mans use. :D

You mean this verse, Den? Don't make me start gettin' biblical with you now. :)

Genesis 1
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Well, if you guys think the hippies that want to legalize pot is the same as a race of human beings wanting to be treated equal... good luck.

You can argue this till the cows come home it is still illeagl and if you are in possesion of it or use it you will be held to the standards of the law. If you want to smoke it leagally i suggest you rally to have the law changed. I will bet you will never see that happen. Hey it is not for me to decide i just support equal application of the law to all people. Not just special treatment for the rich and famous.I will not even go over the passage in the bible about not intoxicating your self yeesh.

finsrclowns said:
Personally I am outraged by this excessive fine. I mean, just think how many dime bags of weed Wicky could buy with that 650k! It's not fair!

:roflmao:

:lol:

Yeah, well speeding is illegal too but I bet everyone here does it.
Lets face it we all break the law to some degree every once and a while so might as well lock us all up and throw away the keys. :redeye:

Genesis 1
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

If only he had ate the joint.....

Thundercracker said:
I 'm sure 23 people have said this because I haven't read anything but the first post. But I will say it anyways.

Jay Fiedler sucks, Ricky is our best player. big difference.
Oh so true! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom