If Jay had been the one smoking pot.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay had been the one smoking pot....

Danny said:
:shakeno: Ok guys.I'm just about as positive on my posts as anyone here. I always seem to be ok with whatever the team does and I defend our players as much as anyone.But this thing with Ricky and everyone defending him is out of control.Sure he needs our suport and I will suport him and hope he gets thru this, but for half the people on this board to make the kind of excuses that I saw on the other thread is amazing."He used it for his shoulder"?..."It was ONLY the 2nd time"? "He only miss the test by 1 point"? and the best one of them all..."it was Jay's fault"? my oh my.....this leads me to ask the question....if it had been Jay, would you guys be defending him the way you guys are defending Ricky?Would you guys be making all kind of excuses for him too? I really hope that Ricky stops this right now and get it together. This was the last thing this team needed this off-season.I know that lots of us on this board have smoked weed before myself included. I don't do it anymore but that doesn't make me better than anyone else and I know that. But stop making excuses for him. Afterall, he should take care of this for himself instead of us trying to do it for him.

Ozzy rules!! :

:cooldude: It took balls to post that. I wouldn't defende Jay, and I am not defending Ricky, what he did was wrong. I do agree however that If It was Jay people would be bashing him left and right.

I know that lots of us on this board have smoked weed before myself included.

Not me :cooldude:

Thundercracker said:
I 'm sure 23 people have said this because I haven't read anything but the first post. But I will say it anyways.

Jay Fiedler sucks, Ricky is our best player. big difference.

1 out of 2 ain't bad in baseball, but in a debate it sucks pretty bad.

If Ricky is guilty he should pay the penilty. You do not violate the rules of an organization and not have to face the music. If he is not guilty then he should be exzonerated. As for all of you who believe pot should be legal.I feel you are wrong,but they your entitled to your opinion. It is still illeagal as of right now.

Injektilo* said:
Pot is illegal (no matter how hippyfied some of you may think...). Ricky did something illegal and should receive proper punishment for his crime.
Ignorance abounds. Newsflash everyone:

Anyone who smokes pot is a hippy. Drinking beer is okay though. What do we need our livers for anyway? :rolleyes:

inFINSible said:
You're right, I'm not debating that.....I'm saying that a fine of over half a million dollars for smoking weed is excessive ANYWHERE at ANYTIME.

Like I said this debate could easily be in another froum but, the original question leads down this road...perhaps a nice mod could move this to the political forum and we could really go to town on this topic....

I'm game.....
Check my earlier posts. I'll be right here with you if it's moved. Some of the members already know that.

All hippies smoke pot, not all potsmokers are hippies. Dolfan is a potsmoker, is he a hippy? :lol:

inFINSible said:
The LAW is wrong. Period. The only idots are the ones who still believe that the LAW is not hypocrisy at it's finest
Exactly.

Feeling depressed? Here...take some xanax and paxil with 100 side effects. That's better for you.

Dolfan954 said:
take some xanax and paxil

I don't know what your purpose is here, I think we've moved on from the "law" debate (not that there was one...) however, you feel like you need to stir the "pot". Last I heard xanax and paxil are FDA approved drugs prescribed for depression. Marijuana has been legalized in a few places and can be prescribed for cancer patients or for pain that is untreatable with other drugs. What is your point?

Injektilo* said:
I don't know what your purpose is here, I think we've moved on from the "law" debate (not that there was one...) however, you feel like you need to stir the "pot". Last I heard xanax and paxil are FDA approved drugs prescribed for depression. Marijuana has been legalized in a few places and can be prescribed for cancer patients or for pain that is untreatable with other drugs. What is your point?
I understand that it's illegal. That wasn't my point. Everytime I post an opinion on this message board that's different, people seem to get offended for some reason. This isn't a perfect world where everyone thinks the same way. So now I'm "stirring the pot" because I'm stating an opinion just like you are? Call it what you wish.

And to answer your question, the reason for me even bringing it up is because of what InFins said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFINSible
I'd defend anyone on the team that gets punished for smoking pot.

Ricky isn't guilty till proven guilty. We don't know the whole story. Would it not be ashame that everyone condemns the guy if he really didn't smoke this time? I have not read any expert facts on the process, or the various things that can result in a false positive result etc... Ref.. the Ricky vs jay support thing, sure there is a double standard..right or wrong it is there. Ricky is the Miami Dolphins right now and Jay to many, including myself, is a speedbump (a large one at that) along the road to the championship. I guess that if you think Jay is the best thing since sliced bread, youd support him like we do Ricky.

Dolfan954 said:
Ignorance abounds. Newsflash everyone:

Anyone who smokes pot is a hippy. Drinking beer is okay though. What do we need our livers for anyway? :rolleyes:

You posted this before you mentioned that you'd stand up for anyone on the team that smokes pot. What was "Ignorance abounds" for, other than "people are stupid if they don't agree with me"? I think that, along with the rolleyes is stirring the pot.

inFINSible said:
A $650,000 fine??? That's proper punishment??

Personally I am outraged by this excessive fine. I mean, just think how many dime bags of weed Wicky could buy with that 650k! It's not fair!

:roflmao:

Injektilo* said:
Pot is illegal (no matter how hippyfied some of you may think...). Ricky did something illegal and should receive proper punishment for his crime.

Always remember legality and justice are not necessarily the same thing. Thank goodness we've had heroes of history, such as the late great Dr. Martin Luther King, who were able to recognize that.

Some laws are just plain wrong and ultimately unjust.

Back
Top Bottom