If Jay had been the one smoking pot.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay had been the one smoking pot....

rafael said:
This is a company policy. This is not something that gets debated by our leaders and changed.

I was just drawing a parallel to this issue. I'm sure whomever is a member of the NFL rules commitee can debate and change the fine, or drug tests.

For the record, I never said that he or any other player should have to pay that kind of money. All I'm saying is that you guys are fefending him cos he's our best player on offence. Is the fine high? no pun intended, yes.But that's how the NFL keeps this from happening more often. The game has to make a credibility point and who would take the game seriously if the players were all smoking pot?Again, I used to smoke and I liked it but he was wrong so stop trying to cover for him. Is not like he's gonna pay the rent for any of you guys. I will suport him and hope he stops and that he doesn't go on to more hard core drugs as is very often the case.

Ozzy rules!!

btw, I never said he was a criminal and I know that OJ got away with murder but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

hes better off smoking pot than taking those persricption drugs he was taking with all those side effects all that **** has.i agree i hope he doesn't get into more hardcore drugs but hey i defend him and i hope he appeals and wins this thing.

Whats the bid deal, it was only pot. Now if it was coke, thats another story. I say leave the poor guy alone. At least now we know why ricky ran so slow last year. Maybe if Jay was smoking he could see his receivers better. I say light up Jay.

You are right Danny. If it were Jay testing positive for weed, people would pray for a suspention and for Wanny to cut him.

A couple of you (me included) say you've smoked before, So why can't he do it every now and then? If that helps him get over 2,000 yards in one season go for it!

FlaFinest954 said:
So why can't he do it every now and then?

Because he knows that if he's caught he will pay a huge fine, and runs the risk of being suspended for a number of games. Do you want the Dolphins to have to play any games without Ricky?

Danny said:
For the record, I never said that he or any other player should have to pay that kind of money. All I'm saying is that you guys are fefending him cos he's our best player on offence. Is the fine high? no pun intended, yes.But that's how the NFL keeps this from happening more often. The game has to make a credibility point and who would take the game seriously if the players were all smoking pot?Again, I used to smoke and I liked it but he was wrong so stop trying to cover for him. Is not like he's gonna pay the rent for any of you guys. I will suport him and hope he stops and that he doesn't go on to more hard core drugs as is very often the case.

Ozzy rules!!

btw, I never said he was a criminal and I know that OJ got away with murder but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

We got sidetracked but your original point was dead on. If it had been JF we would be treated to nick-names and druggie references for at least the next year. A $650,000 fine would not be nearly enough. People would demand that he not only be cut, but also dragged through the streets and probably castrated to prevent some descendant of his from even thinking of QBing.

Injektilo* said:
I was just drawing a parallel to this issue. I'm sure whomever is a member of the NFL rules commitee can debate and change the fine, or drug tests.

It's just that we don't get to elect those people or exert any pressure beyond not going to a game.

I say Ricky can smoke all he wants....just have him carry around a ziploc baggy of Fieldler's urine at all times....that way if he has to take the test, just dump that in a cup. Sure its sick....but I'd carry around someone's stool sample if it meant $650,000!

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
there taking all the fun out of the game this game is entertainment lets not forget that it is a game people the players are just having fun for you grumpy old men!!!!!!!

This is a Gazillion dollar business. Aint no game about it.

I 'm sure 23 people have said this because I haven't read anything but the first post. But I will say it anyways.

Jay Fiedler sucks, Ricky is our best player. big difference.

Back
Top Bottom