If Saban takes the job, how long do you think he takes to call Ricky? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Saban takes the job, how long do you think he takes to call Ricky?

Heck. Nick's first move may to be just release Ricky outright, just to get rid of the distraction.

Hed fail his test for "sweets" which r way worse then pot anywayz.:roflmao:

If u saw 60 minutes u kno.

can we please give up on Ricky already? He was great for us, but he's burned way to many bridges to be accepted in the locker room again

Agua said:
You're kidding? You think Saban would seek Ricky out?

I don't believe the guy would want anything to do with Ricky Williams whatsoever. Why would you rely on someone that has shown himself to be unreliable and unstable. No way Saban starts to build his legacy in the NFL relying on a VERY confused and lost individual at such an important position.

FinFan24 said:
Hed fail his test for "sweets" which r way worse then pot anywayz.:roflmao:

If u saw 60 minutes u kno.

sweets are worse than pot physically.

Trekbiz said:
I don't believe the guy would want anything to do with Ricky Williams whatsoever. Why would you rely on someone that has shown himself to be unreliable and unstable. No way Saban starts to build his legacy in the NFL relying on a VERY confused and lost individual at such an important position.

I wouldn't be surpised if it was the first thing he did as the HC, plus he could win over some of the vetrans by cutting RW loose.

Hellion said:
I wouldn't be surpised if it was the first thing he did as the HC, plus he could win over some of the vetrans by cutting RW loose.

That would send a bold message indeed.
However, I don't think it would be the best way to handle the situation.
I believe you hold onto Weed boys rights to insure that if he decides to come back you'll at least get something for him.

The best thing for Saban to do is just ignore the situation altogether and if he's asked to just say something like " who's Ricky? I don't see anyone on our team named Ricky" Next question.....

The problem I have is that by keeping his rights you (in some form) have to answer the question. And Ricky will still have a connection to the organization. Maybe the FO can inform the media to have all questions about Ricky addressed to them and that any attempt to question the players or Coaches can get the reporter banned.... at least this way it isolates the core of the team from this on going soap opera.

I agree. We have to get Ricky back somehow. I don't want him to play one down in a Dolphin uniform but we do need to get him back so that we can at least trade him for some form of draft pick. I think one of Saban's top missions will be to seek out Ricky and lure him back. Ricky however, is not a Saban guy. But Saban is well aware of Ricky's ability and knows that he still carries some value.

It doesn't matter WHY Ricky Williams quit -- it matters HOW he quit, and because he quit the way he did, Saban won't want him AT ALL.

Man, F Ricky! You must be out of your mind to wish for someone back that ruined this teams season. Walked out on all the players, and fans. Then goes on to 60 minutes and say he doesn't owe anybody an apology. Ricky is a punk. And I hope he never returns to the NFL, let alone the Miami Dolphins.

Ricky doesn't owe anyone an apology....the team and the organization owe him a big apology though for the way they mistreated him and forced him into retirement. I know that fences never would have been been mended with the 2004 regime in place....but I'm hopeful that Nick Saban will reach out to Ricky (if he hasn't already) to say he's sorry for the treatment in the past and assure him it won't happen like that anymore under his direction.

dean_siu said:
My guess is that he'll be seeking out Williams before the end of the day. Saban is smart enough to know that Ricky is a franchise running back who can make this team much better right away. If he lets Ricky know that he won't be overused and abused like during the Wannstedt era, I really think we'll have a chance of having him back in 2005. That would really be the best Christmas present of all!
no thanks. don't need ricky! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom