Ireland quote.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland quote..

Four straight losing seasons and the worst stretch in team history will cause that. If they want that to change, they should try learning how to run an NFL team.

The above post has been posted so many times by many of the same "fans" the past couple of months. I am more concerned about what the team is going to do next month in free agency and in April in the draft. I am not ignoring the past I just think the one liners about how much some "fans" think they suck or that they need to "try learning how to run an NFL team" have been beaten into our heads quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am excited about the upcoming offseason, the national perspective is positive for the Dolphins upcoming offseason, there is no need to keep crying because Ireland was retained. This is a make or break year for him, if they succeed he is gets a contract extension. If he fails he won't be re-signed, it is just that simple.

Go Dolphins!

I am ok with picking O-line in the first round but ONLY if we have already addressed the WR position through free agency by signing either Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe.

Agreed if we fix the wr position in FA resign fasano and Clemons and Long walks I think it's highly possible we go tackle at 12 might be the best value at a position on need for us. We can't go out and spend big to surround our young qb with weapons then offer him no protection. If Long walks we have a major need for oline

The above post has been posted so many times by many of the same "fans" the past couple of months. I am more concerned about what the team is going to do next month in free agency and in April in the draft. I am not ignoring the past I just think the one liners about how much some "fans" think they suck or that they need to "try learning how to run an NFL team" have been beaten into our heads quite a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am excited about the upcoming offseason, the national perspective is positive for the Dolphins upcoming offseason, there is no need to keep crying because Ireland was retained. This is a make or break year for him, if they succeed he is gets a contract extension. If he fails he won't be re-signed, it is just that simple.

Go Dolphins!

I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.

Agreed if we fix the wr position in FA resign fasano and Clemons and Long walks I think it's highly possible we go tackle at 12 might be the best value at a position on need for us. We can't go out and spend big to surround our young qb with weapons then offer him no protection. If Long walks we have a major need for oline

OL or DT should not be considerations at all in the first round. It would make more sense to double down on pass rushers or fill the holes that we created for no apparent reason at WR or CB. Throwing another high pick at the OL would be stagnation.

I'm more nervous about this offseason. I've seen no evidence that he's learned from his past mistakes, so I can't really be optimistic that he has. I hope he proves me wrong, but expecting him to based on absolutely nothing would be setting myself up for disappointment.

Ireland alone has never had this much cap space to work with and the team really hasn't been active in free agency the past couple of years because they were close to the cap. Signing stop gap free agents to one year deals doesn't count as being active in free agency. The Dolphins signed one free agent last year to a multi year deal and he ended up in the starting lineup in week one. I am not going to compare past free agents signings like Hicks and Guyton to what is likely going to happen this offseason. Ireland's draft last year looks very good on paper at this point and the early returns were successful(of course some fans will immediately point to Egnew while ignoring the rest of the draft).

This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins, I can't wait. Go Dolphins!

When I think of Ireland,I always think of my favorite quote from The Outlaw Josey Wales........."Don't Piss Down My Back,And Tell Me It's 'Rainin"!!! I don't believe ANYTHING that has or ever will come out of his mouth!!!

Essentially, he's saying if I'm going to be fired I rather it be done following my own convictions as oppose to someone else's. I personally have no problem with that as long as he's willing to listen to others and take their suggestions, assuming they are valid into consideration also.

Bill Parcells.

No evidence? So drafting Tannehill in the 1st & Martin in the 2nd, the exact opposite of Long in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd, isn't proof. It's statements like the one above which shows just how fans are willing to disregard the truth to further their agenda.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

No evidence? So drafting Tannehill in the 1st & Martin in the 2nd, the exact opposite of Long in the 1st and Henne in the 2nd, isn't proof. It's statements like the one above which shows just how fans are willing to disregard the truth to further their agenda.

So throwing another high pick (yes, an second rounder is a high pick) at an OL that continues to suck after investing a bunch of high picks and stupid amounts of FA money into it is evidence of change? Tannehill was a great pick, but he's hardly evidence of a change in philosophy or even a divergence from the Parcells philosophy as QB is a position that Parcells has never had a problem spending high picks on before.

Ireland alone has never had this much cap space to work with and the team really hasn't been active in free agency the past couple of years because they were close to the cap. Signing stop gap free agents to one year deals doesn't count as being active in free agency. The Dolphins signed one free agent last year to a multi year deal and he ended up in the starting lineup in week one. I am not going to compare past free agents signings like Hicks and Guyton to what is likely going to happen this offseason. Ireland's draft last year looks very good on paper at this point and the early returns were successful(of course some fans will immediately point to Egnew while ignoring the rest of the draft).

This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins, I can't wait. Go Dolphins!

He didn't have cap space because of his own FA blunders. He only has it now because those contracts have expired and he's letting his own draft picks walk yet again. Think about that for a minute. The guy has yet to re-sign a single draft pick that he has made since being here.

Hey Jeff, kick the dog, he is lying to you !!!

“I think the axiom that you go by in scouting is you like to see a quarterback with 30 starts under his belt before he’s ready to play, and we kind of violated that, our principle,” Ireland said.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ciples-by-drafting-ryan-tannehill/#more-20034

Yeah, its the exact opposite...but he also stated it went against his professional principles. Which is more likely, that he will consistently go against his professional principles or he will go back to said principles for other positions? Its important to note that Ross was pressuring him(even bringing it up in public) to land a franchise quarterback.

I don't believe ANYTHING that has or ever will come out of his mouth!!!

Can't trust anything really coming from this team anymore. Heck, even outside of this team media wise. Last year at this time the media had us with Manning as starting QB.

If you don't want to feel to bad just consider anything they say as political talk and wait until after FA and the draft to see who is actually on the roster before you get too excited/disappointed.

He didn't have cap space because of his own FA blunders. He only has it now because those contracts have expired and he's letting his own draft picks walk yet again. Think about that for a minute. The guy has yet to re-sign a single draft pick that he has made since being here.
That is true, but as of right now over 80% of the players drafted during his tenure as GM haven't had their rookie contracts expire yet. Those who will have their contracts expire on March 12th are currently in contract negotiations so the "none have been re-signed" argument won't stand in a couple of weeks. The under 20% that have had their rookie contracts expire were picks from the early days of the Parcells era. I know Ireland had the GM title and he didn't just collect a pay check during that time, but you are naive if you think Parcells wasn't calling the shots. Ireland is being judged from 2011 and on, and none of those picks have had their rookie contracts expire so it is hard to say he has never re-signed his own picks.

Back
Top Bottom