Ireland's approval rating | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland's approval rating

Do you like Ireland and his direction?

• yes

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 254 75.8%

• Total voters
Talk about over reacting, We have a rookie qb who has played 1 game, threw 3 ints in 2 min., and thats called superb.

He's not perfect by any means, but we don't draft players like Jaquan Jarrett early in the second at least. The Patriots missed on Marriweather also so they all make mistakes. Ireland has his share too (Gates) but I like Ireland because 1. I like Daniel Thomas 2. I like Lamar Miller in the 4th 3. Pouncy WAS the correct pick. 4. Odrick and Misi for the 12th overall pick that year was pretty damn good imo 4. Jones and CLemons were steals 5. Bess 6. I like his cheap ass philosophy and how he gives opportunities to guys like Nolan Caroll who EARN IT. 7. He is highly intelligent and hard working imo and we have a great roster imo again it just isn't going to mesh overnight.

Put that way,I'd have to say it's a great base to build from. However, no way that should have taken 5 years. 3 to 4 years sounds about right to get what we have there. It is by no means a complete team. I understand why people are pissed. But, like I said, this is a solid base to build from and it will be a nearly complete team next year.

Following years should be just holding onto what we have and adding gravy as opportunities arise. It's also a very young team, so we'll be able to comfortably draft need in high rounds without much guilt or question as to what those needs are as players age.

A great base to build on? Holy crap am I living in an alternate universe. Under what criteria does that constitute a great foundation? Seriously, I think Ireland could take a dump in a bucket, put a mr potato head eyes mustache and lips on it, call it our new starting wr and some people would say "good job Jeff"

A great base to build on? Holy crap am I living in an alternate universe. Under what criteria does that constitute a great foundation? Seriously, I think Ireland could take a dump in a bucket, put a mr potato head eyes mustache and lips on it, call it our new starting wr and some people would say "good job Jeff"

(shrugs) I guess we don't value players the same way. Oh well . .

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not perfect by any means, but we don't draft players like Jaquan Jarrett early in the second at least. The Patriots missed on Marriweather also so they all make mistakes. Ireland has his share too (Gates) but I like Ireland because 1. I like Daniel Thomas 2. I like Lamar Miller in the 4th 3. Pouncy WAS the correct pick. 4. Odrick and Misi for the 12th overall pick that year was pretty damn good imo 4. Jones and CLemons were steals 5. Bess 6. I like his cheap ass philosophy and how he gives opportunities to guys like Nolan Caroll who EARN IT. 7. He is highly intelligent and hard working imo and we have a great roster imo again it just isn't going to mesh overnight.

Wow. I guess some people are just gonna see what they want to see

Everyone is overreacting. still. you just want to fire a guy for the sake of firing a guy. What then? Whats your answer? Why now? It makes absolutely no sense at this point in time.

I totally agree with you.. To fire Jill Ireland now would be shear stupidity.. but he must be added on the "To be Fired" list.. Everything about Ireland reeks like dog poo.. but the man has kept the cap under control... Start putting the feelers out there that a new GM position will be open soon and lets see what kinda responses we get..

Everyone is overreacting..

Bottom line for me is we are one star WR and CB away from being great
while Thill gets experience. Our roster is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. Mark my words, the Buffalo Bills are going to be so far worse than us come game 16. This team is not far off on paper.

I cant stand Naanee. It is the one thing Ireland truly screwed up but to suggest that every GM out there gets it right all the time is crazy. Truth is, they f up all the time!

The only reason why Ireland is so bad is cus of dez bryant. people hate him for that.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.

lol. eveyrone was stomping on irelands dick before the draft and after the marshall trade. then after the draft everyone was happy with the draft, and looking forward to the season. then what changed? a vontae trade and 4 preseason losses and one regular season loss. now you guys are back to stomping on ireland's dick. some people are just as predictable as the dolphins regular season record.

Yep, and it's the usual suspects too with their not-so-insightful "if you like just one thing Ireland has done here, you are a mediocrity lover" arguments.

No. No matter how we judge his time here its been a mess.

If we judge it by "Hes been paid for 5 years as general manager and had decision making ability for at least part of that": then no. This team's earlier drafts are blank marks on this roster. 1 player from the 2008 draft is left, and the 2009 draft isnt much better. Our free agent signings were horrifically bad and have forced us to sit pat this offseason.

If we judge this by "Hes only been general manager for 2 years because Parcells did everything": then no. These last two years were just awful. He bought high and sold low on the talent department. And some of the decisions were absolutely mind boggling. Legedu Naanee? Benny Sapp over Will Allen? Marc freaking Colombo? We needed a quarterback last offseason, and every single one in the draft was available except for Cam Newton....and we draft a center. Then trade up for a running back who fumbles and runs upright. Meanwhile other teams fill their voids at center and running back without a problem later in the draft. Mind Boggling.

If we judge this by "Hes hasnt been general manager because first Parcells was here, then Sparano took over, now Philbin was given control of the team...": :bobdole:
Look how good DeMarcco Murray is going to be and we wouldn't have had to trade up to get him either.

Definitely not happy about the WR situation. Ireland put all his eggs in the "guys he thought would develop" basket and it may very well cost him his job.

Definitely not happy about the WR situation. Ireland put all his eggs in the "guys he thought would develop" basket and it may very well cost him his job.

He really screwed up the wr situation this year basically ignored free agents at position and then ignored in draft until late rounds. I would say the move with Vontae also weakened the secondary qyute a bit. I definately dont care if he gets fired since im sure there are guys that could do better jobs

Back
Top Bottom