Is Adam Gase Overrated??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Adam Gase Overrated???

Let's not forget that Philip Rivers and Josh McCown have now completed 49 of their 63 throws against our defense.

There is a lot wrong with this team beyond Jay Cutler and Adam Gase.

"Big plays are categorized as rushing plays that are over 10 yards and passing plays that are over 25 yards. These are the types of play that can break open a game for a team or put its opponent away for the win."

I beg to differ on the criteria in which they measured "big plays."
The NFL calls those big plays too. Don't know what else to say.

Let's not forget that Philip Rivers and Josh McCown have now completed 49 of their 63 throws against our defense.

There is a lot wrong with this team beyond Jay Cutler and Adam Gase.

78% is definitely not the norm in the NFL.

Gase is overrated but that doesn't mean he is not a solid NFL coach that should get better.

Funny how everybody's tune is changing now that reality hits again, not all these lucky games being given to us we SHOULD have lost and it being "culture", what a joke, it was what it was, bad coaching, but no the almighty dream Gase could never make mistakes or be a bad coach. He's so smart X's and O's, he's a GENIUS, he may be intelligent, but being smart is how you apply that, and he seems to have no common sense, much like joe and sparano.

This exactly why i wanted campbell, he has all the common sense and instincts and leadership in the world, the perfect basis for a head coach in the nfl, because most of the time its not about outsmarting your opponent in the nfl its about intangibles like decision making, leadership, toughness, which campbell had in spades but Gase only has minor parts of leadership and toughness. People didn't want him though because he wasn't fancy or pretty/shiny enough for them, this isn't ballet... You'll rarely see a HC come along with campbells tratis and we threw him to the curb because he wasn't popular enough, what a joke.

Not saying Gase can't recover or the season is lost or anything like that, but this is one of the worst teams in the league and it shows how bad of a team you are when you constantly struggle with the worst teams, the patriots always crush them because they are a good team led by a good coach. I've been telling people for a long time this is how it's been the whole time, but because we got carried by a bunch of lucky wins, it was "culture and gase", hogwash. Call it down the line how it shows itself to you, not how you wish it was, been saying gase always says i called a bad game and never changes until he is forced to, that he doesn't discipline the dc or mess with the defense, that he makes bad personnel decisions, ajayi, thomas and turner, cutler. People gladly ignored all these things saying it will change, and maybe it still will, but like i said also is it's not likely to if it hasn't already in a year+. Nothing's ever changed with Gase, as most head coaches, they're mostly all talk, long as the wins come in people gladly ignore it.

We had a perfect coach in campbell, he was all attitude, intangibles and heart like the dolphins have always been, he was perfect for us, but he wasn't fancy or shiny enough and was too real for us, so we kicked him tot he curb in favor of another actor and lots of lip service and pretty flowers everywhere. You're not allowed to say it like it is when it happens like i and a few others did when he hired gase instead of campbell, you have to wait 2-4 years through obvious upcoming failure to be able to tell the truth, otherwise you're just a troll. Screw truth/reality/honesty, that's how this new generation works because then there is no sugar coating to swim in. Sorry for being tired of seeing my favorite team dragged through the mud endless years in a row because people just ignore the obvious bs flying around constantly, but I want them to win and to do that the bs has to change, so people have to call them on it.

I've been hoping for Gase to win and succeed since he got here, because I want my team to win, although I was pretty sure that wasn't gonna happen because I didn't ignore the signs like most people gladly do because it fits whatever they're trying to push. I'm not trying to push anything other than my team winning so I call it like i see it in hopes of helping my team win by helping others see the truth, too bad we picked Gase instead of Campbell, because we would be in a lot better situation now if we did. I can't promise that but the signs definitely showed that to be the case just like they've shown Gase to be the same as he's been since he got here, nothing's changed except the w's/l's, but w's/l's don't make great coaches, decision making, instincts, leadership, and character do. You can tell who is a good or bad coach pretty quickly by just looking at how they operate, plenty of bad coaches have been carried to lots of wins because of talent and rare coaches sometimes slip by because they didn't get enough wins like campbell, but you could tell from how he operated and his intangibles he was gonna be great.

All I'm saying, look at the facts, what he(whoever) puts out there and you'll be able to see the truth.

This wasn't a post about anti gase or pro campbell, it was just about the reality of things.

Last edited:
So...... You're happy with the coaching the first 2 weeks?

I'm in the camp that looks at the loss of QB, hurricane, west coast trip, back to the east coast for a road game with a division rival, and I say this season might be a s*** show but I'm not ditching Gase regardless of what happens. I'm also open to him improving as the season goes along and thing settle down some.

Off topic but I think the Dolphins need to sit down with Joe Rose and tell him that he can't report to work intoxicated. He was visibly drunk during the pregame show on YouTube.

View attachment 9852

Honestly, I am as pissed as most everyone else is right now and I don't know if Gase is overrated or not, but I do like this about him.

Honestly that makes like him less. It's childish and unnecessary. If you're that pissed, adapt, change, and for god's sake coach better! You're team dropped another turd and it wasn't all execution, the game plan was absolutely horrible. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he said this was on him and actually completely changed his play calling.

Hopefully he gets the players to play better. Our OL was manhandled like girl scouts today and the WR's dropped too many passes. I hope Gase throws out the WR screen. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
Honestly that makes like him less. It's childish and unnecessary. If you're that pissed, adapt, change, and for god's sake coach better! You're team dropped another turd and it wasn't all execution, the game plan was absolutely horrible. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he said this was on him and actually completely changed his play calling.

That's cool. To each their own. I happen to like fiery coaches who hate to lose.

Yeah cause Dan Campbell is back to his normal spot. TE coach.

He was a good interim, but not a good longterm coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom