Is Hartline Making Serious Push? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Hartline Making Serious Push?

:aww:
Where is CK's post on how much he totally hated the Hartline pick right after the draft.

Didn't he give that pick an "F" grade ? Or a D- ? Whatever it was, it wasn't a pretty endorsement.

hehe

Blasphemy, CK is never wrong. :err:

In CK's defense he did post a thread admitting to his error a few weeks ago. Me, I'm old enough to know about not questioning Parcell's about FB, so I'm not shocked about how any draft pick is playing.

The addition of Hartline with the starters even has Peter King talking. The kid is defitnetly pushing to start opposite of Ginn he was shining in TC and Sparano said he wanted him to be more consistent seems like the young man has since made strides and is pushing to start. Besides the physical likeness he reminds of Anthony Gonzalez, alot. Ronnie TD catch had alot to do with a fine Block Hartline applide. The kid is smart add that to excellent route running and good hands and we might have just another steal.

Im really really liking this draft and it has the potential to be better than last years.

SI_PeterKingI knew Parcells, Sparano and Co. would love Brian Hartline. Mid-round WR from Ohio State running with the ones in Miami. He's a player.

http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

Bess would be a liability in the running game if he was asked to split out and block all the time. He is best at the slot with limited snaps at the wide out. Good for Hartline once he gets some plays under his belt I think he will be solid in the passing game.

being a buckeyes fan, it will be strange seeing the dolphins starting wr being ginn and hartline.

Where is CK's post on how much he totally hated the Hartline pick right after the draft.

Didn't he give that pick an "F" grade ? Or a D- ? Whatever it was, it wasn't a pretty endorsement.

hehe

True CK did, I did and about every draft expert in the country did.

A huge portion of that argument about drafting Hartline is that he would have been available later in the draft and we could have traded down and still picked him and added another pick or possibly two. Remember he was a high forth rounder from the Samson trade.

OK OK he is working out great so is Muphy and Lex Hillard from last years draft also. Hillard looked like a dart on the draft board last year and he is running light out this year.
Murphy looked liked he could have been a bit or a reach last year too as we traded up for him in the 4th round he looked like a dud the entire year and he suddenly appears to be like Lazerous being raised from the dead.
So what does that tell us our draft department is aces no matter who they have selected so far.

Nalborne and Folsom will be interesting how they work out in this years draft IMO. Still in all 3 cases Hartline, Nalborn and even Folsom you could bet big bucks all 3 guys "would" have been available at least 1 round later. So were they good value for where they were draftr NO but that does not mean they were not good players. Come on look at how many teams passed on JT and Zach Thomas inclue the phins.

If Juan Huron proved anything, he proved it doesnt matter what ethinicity you are. If you can play reciever, you can play reciever!

I dont think there are going to be clear cut starters behind Ted Ginn. Its all going to be who is playing well and what the dolphins need in certain situations. We have alot of good young recievers who will get their share in playing time.

The way I see is it Miami started Langford and Thomas last year cause the earned it and won the jobs. Who is to say Smith & Hartline have not shown the same and have truly earn the starting Jobs.

The funny thing is, if it were Turner instead of Hartline in this position, everybody would be clamoring over how Turner has already earned the starting spot at WR. But because it's Hartline that's in a position to start, "they're just mixing it up".

One point of perspective is that if he's running with the starters he's an NFL caliber starter and a draft steal.

Another would be that Camarillo is still recovering from injury, Bess is a slot guy, and he's the best we have for depth in a very average WR Corps and he will platoon with the others until Camarillo's ready.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I'd throw my money at the latter.

Reading this thread just made me think of how tough things would get at WR if we lost Ginn. I mean nobody else really has game breaker talent at WR.

White guys can make good recivers, It is very rare but it does happen, I guess nobody on this sight ever herd of Steve Largent.

[youtube]inWv-lUqRbU[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom