Is Hartline Making Serious Push? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Hartline Making Serious Push?

i think harline will be special teams ace, eventually he will be on the field when we go 4 wide

If HARTLINE shows much more, it'll make for an interesting situation. BESS played well as a WR, rather than a "slot" receiver, last season after CAMARILLO went down. GINN and ARMSTRONG are the blazing fast WRs, and TURNER and LONDON are the big targets. The ONLY type of WR that MIAMI has 3 of is the possession WR. BESS is younger and faster than CAMARILLO, HARTLINE is younger and faster than CAMARILLO, and none has a real size advantage over the others. CAMARILLO is 30, and coming off of a torn ACL.

IF HARTLINE IS FOR REAL, I believe that CAMARILLO will be "showcased" as much as possible, and traded. SOMEONE will want what he has to offer, even if he's only at 80-90% on opening Day. I really hate to see it happen, but 3 "possession WRs" is one too many, and like WELKER, CAMARILLO has the most trade value.
Camarillo is 27....won't be 28 till April

Just imagine Hartline starting over Turner.

Merling - Langford
Murphy - Thomas
Turner - Hartline
Davis - Smith

It's always the 2nd pick that gets a better start. Looks like the strategy of picking a position twice is really paying off for us. Who would have thought.

Wow...i didnt even realize. the past 2 drafts with the trio we have concentrated on taking 2 positions, 2 times each...thats brilliant.

He is not the bust that many experts said he was. Even you gave the choice an F to if I recall.

You have to admit he is showing potential.

I am hearing things about him but he has yet to show anything in the games. That 20 yard catch against the Jaguars, he let into his body and it didn't go in clean. That 8 yard catch against the Panthers, they needed a touchdown not 8 yards, so I'm baffled why he cut off his route so short of the end zone. Meanwhile there have been at least two passes that went in his direction where he and the QB were clearly not on the same page route-wise.

He could be a good player, but before some folks start to haughtily denounce others for (heavens forbid) being wrong on the guy, you should PROBABLY wait until he actually shows something, anything, worth hawing about.

I am hearing things about him but he has yet to show anything in the games. That 20 yard catch against the Jaguars, he let into his body and it didn't go in clean. That 8 yard catch against the Panthers, they needed a touchdown not 8 yards, so I'm baffled why he cut off his route so short of the end zone. Meanwhile there have been at least two passes that went in his direction where he and the QB were clearly not on the same page route-wise.

He could be a good player, but before some folks start to haughtily denounce others for (heavens forbid) being wrong on the guy, you should PROBABLY wait until he actually shows something, anything, worth hawing about.

You denounced Hartline before he even showed up for camp.:tumbleweed:
Sorry Ck I couldn't resist.

One thing that separates Brian Hartline from Bess/Cam/Turner is that Hartline seems to have a slightly better ability to go deep.

Hartline averaged 23 yards/catch his senior year at Ohio State.

Some Brian Hartline highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10zxZCg0WMo

When Bess/Cam/Turner catch a deep ball, it's either completely blown coverage, or a jump ball in traffic. They don't seem to beat CBs (unless it's completely blown coverage), and catch deep balls in stride.

While Brian Hartline may not be a true deep threat, he may stretch the field just a little more than Bess/Cam/Turner. So if Hartline is also a good route runner with good hands, then I can see him starting opposite Ted Ginn Jr. (with Bess as slot receiver).

Ref: his youtube clip

1. Really like the way he catches with his hands and goes up for it.
2. Body control needs work though
3. Dont see him getting that deep on NFL Defenses, mobile QB and hardly any pressure in those clips...

And as a Michigan fan it will be strange with them catching the ball from Henne in the future.:chuckle:

tell me about, add to that jake long still protecting henne. its strange!!!!

Evidently all you have to do in Miami to be crowned an unqualified draft success is catch two passes (and one first down) in two preseason games.

Talk about jumping the gun. He's a little better than what I thought, I'll plainly admit that, but that doesn't mean he couldn't possibly still end up in the UFL come 2011.

It's ok CK, i am pretty sure Goon said a few negative things about him too....Let's just hope he plays well and makes some waves!

It's ok CK, i am pretty sure Goon said a few negative things about him too....Let's just hope he plays well and makes some waves!

Hey I hope for the best but it remains the draft pick that I understood the least among all of the picks, at the time that Miami drafted him. I said at the time that I absolutely see what they think he is, but I also see some issues that could sink him before he even gets afloat. I think he suffers mental lapses, I don't believe his hands are as good as some think, and athletically I'm not sure I see a guy that is a great mismatch story. We'll see how it goes.

But I love how some people seem so desperate for a way to criticize me that they'll reach for something so flimsy as rubbing it in that I wasn't very high on a certain guy and he has since 'embarrased' me by catching 2 passes in 2 preseason games.

Hey I hope for the best but it remains the draft pick that I understood the least among all of the picks, at the time that Miami drafted him. I said at the time that I absolutely see what they think he is, but I also see some issues that could sink him before he even gets afloat. I think he suffers mental lapses, I don't believe his hands are as good as some think, and athletically I'm not sure I see a guy that is a great mismatch story. We'll see how it goes.

out of curiousity, what makes you think he suffers mental lapses?

i also dont understand how how people all talk about turner being a big body and a redzone threat, but hartline also has good size at 6'2. i know turner has a few inches on him but 6'2 is still considered a big wr. im hoping the best for all our wr.

One point of perspective is that if he's running with the starters he's an NFL caliber starter and a draft steal.

Another would be that Camarillo is still recovering from injury, Bess is a slot guy, and he's the best we have for depth in a very average WR Corps and he will platoon with the others until Camarillo's ready.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I'd throw my money at the latter.

Well.......

Tony says
We have five guys, six guys, seven guys that we've been rolling through there. We're trying to get reps for [Anthony] Armstrong. We're trying to get [James] Robinson in the game. It's not an indictment on anybody right now. the the nice thing is some of these people we do have history with, we do know what they can do. So whether [Camarillo] gets 10 plays or 15 plays, it's not relevant to me. It really isn't. I see him out here getting a ton of plays in practice. He's coming along nicely."

Wow...i didnt even realize. the past 2 drafts with the trio we have concentrated on taking 2 positions, 2 times each...thats brilliant.
And it goes to show why the "Regime" said rebuilding was a 3 year process. I love these guys, we're finally headed in the right direction again.
:woot::hump:

Back
Top Bottom