Is Hartline Making Serious Push? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Hartline Making Serious Push?

out of curiousity, what makes you think he suffers mental lapses?

i also dont understand how how people all talk about turner being a big body and a redzone threat, but hartline also has good size at 6'2. i know turner has a few inches on him but 6'2 is still considered a big wr. im hoping the best for all our wr.

Just some things I've seen in his running and his catching at the college level while following Ohio State. He's a smart guy, but that doesn't mean he's a consistent thinker.

out of curiousity, what makes you think he suffers mental lapses?

i also dont understand how how people all talk about turner being a big body and a redzone threat, but hartline also has good size at 6'2. i know turner has a few inches on him but 6'2 is still considered a big wr. im hoping the best for all our wr.

I cannot speak for the mental lapses but it is basically his body weight compared to Turners that they are refering to in terms of size. Turner goes 200 plus and I believe Hartline is in the 180 int terms of wieght. Some guys can carry more wieght to than what they normally wiegh and that could be a factor also.

In terms of hieght those 3 inches mean a lot in the NFL these days. Randy Moss can just out reach most players for the ball with height and jumping advantage.

Just some things I've seen in his running and his catching at the college level while following Ohio State. He's a smart guy, but that doesn't mean he's a consistent thinker.

he was also really clutch in college. he was the guy that would step up when a huge play was needed with the abillity to catch with guys all over him. i dont remember him really dropping to many balls. im not sure if i buy mental lapses.

does anyone on here know anything about Hartline other than his two preseason catches? Watch some game film from his days as a buckeye and this all wont seem so shocking to you. He did play at a very high level and just happened to go to a few national championships. Believe it!!!!! I liked the pick (said it from the start) cause I knew who he was and what hes about. GO BUCKS, GO FINNS!!!!!!

A little white guy by the name of Wayne Chrebet killed Miami for years....

Ed McCaffrey....

Don Maynard ring a bell? Raymond Berry? Hall of Famers....

Roger Carr says hi... Flyin'-eared white boy with a crew cut and blazing speed used to burn the phins twice a season for the Bmore Colts.

Steve Largent was better than all of them....

And let's not forget about Fred Belitnikoff.

I remember when everyone here was flaming this pick, and since I dont want college football, I actually believed them

I remember when everyone here was flaming this pick, and since I dont want college football, I actually believed them

I don't remember ever flaming the pick personally; but on the other hand, I'm still not sure of Hartline's value. Some people have had the luxury of seeing the preseason games and have liked what they've seen: others not. Some people followed his career at Ohio and thought highly of him: others not. I'm glad that Thursday's game against the Bucs is nationally televised so that I can actually start to form my opinion of the guy.

I don't remember ever flaming the pick personally; but on the other hand, I'm still not sure of Hartline's value. Some people have had the luxury of seeing the preseason games and have liked what they've seen: others not. Some people followed his career at Ohio and thought highly of him: others not. I'm glad that Thursday's game against the Bucs is nationally televised so that I can actually start to form my opinion of the guy.

Glad you pointed this out....I had no idea it was a nationally televised game! Thanks!

does anyone on here know anything about Hartline other than his two preseason catches? Watch some game film from his days as a buckeye and this all wont seem so shocking to you. He did play at a very high level and just happened to go to a few national championships. Believe it!!!!! I liked the pick (said it from the start) cause I knew who he was and what hes about. GO BUCKS, GO FINNS!!!!!!

He showed up in that 2nd BCS National Championship, but big damn deal. We might as well have drafted Louis Murphy who not only is bigger, but is shooting up the Raiders depth charts AND has performed a higher level on a higher stage :)

Not everyone here was, i wasn't.

Next time watch a few college games "if you have time" and never just take someones word on a message board.

I'm sure we are all happy the level of competition is high for the Dolphins. I also have thoughts of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Camarillo and Bess both did stellar jobs IMO for young guys last year filling a long time need for the Dolphins. I would just assume the consideration be taken (more so) that either of those two have proven they can do it on the highest level and let either of them get the 1st team work.

I'm still a big Bess guy and would hate to see the Dolphins miss out on another pro-bowl potential guy because of out-thinking themselves and mismanagement like with Welker.

Back
Top Bottom