Is the oline done? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the oline done?

I don't think Godcheux is a gamble. He was very consistent for us last year. Phillips progressed but yes has to do more. Now does that fill Suh's shoes, nope. Not saying it will or that in happy we let Suh go.

He played 47% of the defensive snaps yet had 10 penalties,one was declined
Only Suh and Tunsil had more pre snap penalties but they both play
considerably more snaps than Godcheux...must become more disiplined
don't want him putting up 20 or more penalties playing much more than 47%
of the defensive snaps.

He did play well but he was playing with Suh who handled the double teams
How will Godcheux handle those same double teams if/when he experience's them?
Who know's, but we will find out.

Phillip's is a defensive DaVonta Parker, He teases you occasionally
with an amazing play,while you shake your head and ask,"Where have
these kind of plays been"

There in lies the problem,3 years of showing flashes
Time for the big man to put on his big mans underware
and become more than a "flash in the pan"

No idea what we have in the way of Taylor or Wright
since they both had 208 combined offensive snaps

I would be looking at getting a veteran defensive tackle
to put along side of either one of the second year players
but that's just me. I doubt they stand pat with what we have at DT

He played 47% of the defensive snaps yet had 10 penalties,one was declined
Only Suh and Tunsil had more pre snap penalties but they both play
considerably more snaps than Godcheux...must become more disiplined
don't want him putting up 20 or more penalties playing much more than 47%
of the defensive snaps.

He did play well but he was playing with Suh who handled the double teams
How will Godcheux handle those same double teams if/when he experience's them?
Who know's, but we will find out.

Phillip's is a defensive DaVonta Parker, He teases you occasionally
with an amazing play,while you shake your head and ask,"Where have
these kind of plays been"

There in lies the problem,3 years of showing flashes
Time for the big man to put on his big mans underware
and become more than a "flash in the pan"

No idea what we have in the way of Taylor or Wright
since they both had 208 combined offensive snaps

I would be looking at getting a veteran defensive tackle
to put along side of either one of the second year players
but that's just me. I doubt they stand pat with what we have at DT
Don't get me wrong, I too think they grab a vet dt. I'm not entirely cool with them getting rid of Sun either. What he did taking the double team will be missed. Everyone focusing only on his numbers are missing half his game. But with that said I don't think it's purly a gamble with Godcheux and Phillips. There's good stuff there. Everyone on D last year had penalty issues. I hear what you are saying but that is a coaching issue. Well coached teams make very few pre snap penalties.

Don't get me wrong, I too think they grab a vet dt. I'm not entirely cool with them getting rid of Sun either. What he did taking the double team will be missed. Everyone focusing only on his numbers are missing half his game. But with that said I don't think it's purly a gamble with Godcheux and Phillips. There's good stuff there. Everyone on D last year had penalty issues. I hear what you are saying but that is a coaching issue. Well coached teams make very few pre snap penalties.

58 pre snap penalties last season
Pats-34
Buffalo-29
Jets-41 Hopefully with better coaching like you said we can improve

58 pre snap penalties last season
Pats-34
Buffalo-29
Jets-41 Hopefully with better coaching like you said we can improve
Yeah it was sad seeing so many of those penalties. I think we led the NFL. That's def mental preparation.

All of those guys are older. We draft OL every year, like every other NFL team. All this does is probably remove the 1st and 2nd round OL prospects. Though, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if we grabbed a highly rated OL.

Kudos to the front office thus far!

Would say that we have shortages @ DT, LB, S, TE, RB,G/C

DT: currently have 3 on the roster .... imagine we’ll try our luck with UDFAs again, but Vea or Payne would make an instant impact. Vea could be an eater for years! This is a MUST for addition in draft.

LB: currently have 5 on the roster .... we’ll need a couple more, even IF we bring back Hewitt; Anthony + Allen are still unknown, Alonso doesn’t really fit anywhere ‘well’ and McMillan is unknown coming off injury. Smith or Edmunds would make an instant impact. Edmunds can bring speed off the edge AND cover, a double bonus!! This is NOT a MUST though, why assuming McMillan is healthy and as much as it makes me ill, Alonso will play, Allen/Anthony should be improved ... not spectacular - AGAIN. Hull and Hewitt (if we bring back are for special teams).

S: currently have 4 (5 if you count Aikens) on the roster .... we don’t have that flexible S anywhere, some say McDonald + Jones are not a good match, and 2 are UDFAs .... who knows if we bring back Thomas ... we will bring in someone here, James would be a VERY nice addition. This is a MUST for addition in draft, why - because it is a strong likelihood that Jones doesn’t play a full season.

TE: currently have 3 on the roster .... Derby showed some potential at the end of the year, Gray is to an every down player, and I don’t see why Duarte is here (unless he is lightening fast- which I am not tracking) ... so we need some help here. Derby is already better than Thomas was last year, but ..... Gesicki would be great!! Some like Goedert later .... this is a MUST for addition (and hopefully the answer is not Fasano) in the draft.

RB: currently have 2 on the roster .... Drake showed up last year, but will still need help. Maybe we bring back Williams, but Smith is a NO .... so we need at least 1, more like 2 to bring in ... Guice, Freeman, Chubb would all be nice .... guessing 3/4 round for this (so not likely those names). It is a MUST though, unless we sign a FA, which is entirely possible if price is right.

G/C: we have 4/2 on the roster, with Steen flapping .... we have 1 (possibly 2) as reliable (Sitton/Kilgore) .... and maybe Davis, with a big question mark with Asiata .... if Asiata pans out by next year, we are ‘ok’, since Sitton is for 2 years (maybe 3) ... Brendel showed he was capable in relief .... we need a couple more bodies to work with, but not a MUST or high priority in the draft. Would love Wynn, but that isn’t going to happen, neither likely are the top Cs. Guessing 4 th round here .... Ragnow, Clapp, Corbett ish .... don’t think we’ll sign another ‘starter’ here in FA.

I do not think we ‘intend’ to pick a QB at #11, and would guess 1 of: Vea, Payne, Edmunds, Smith or James ... With Vea, Edmunds, James being my order ....

You never know how things fall out, and with our track record, we could pick Ridley .... but sure hope not.

Kudos to the front office thus far!

Would say that we have shortages @ DT, LB, S, TE, RB,G/C

DT: currently have 3 on the roster .... imagine we’ll try our luck with UDFAs again, but Vea or Payne would make an instant impact. Vea could be an eater for years! This is a MUST for addition in draft.

LB: currently have 5 on the roster .... we’ll need a couple more, even IF we bring back Hewitt; Anthony + Allen are still unknown, Alonso doesn’t really fit anywhere ‘well’ and McMillan is unknown coming off injury. Smith or Edmunds would make an instant impact. Edmunds can bring speed off the edge AND cover, a double bonus!! This is NOT a MUST though, why assuming McMillan is healthy and as much as it makes me ill, Alonso will play, Allen/Anthony should be improved ... not spectacular - AGAIN. Hull and Hewitt (if we bring back are for special teams).

S: currently have 4 (5 if you count Aikens) on the roster .... we don’t have that flexible S anywhere, some say McDonald + Jones are not a good match, and 2 are UDFAs .... who knows if we bring back Thomas ... we will bring in someone here, James would be a VERY nice addition. This is a MUST for addition in draft, why - because it is a strong likelihood that Jones doesn’t play a full season.

TE: currently have 3 on the roster .... Derby showed some potential at the end of the year, Gray is to an every down player, and I don’t see why Duarte is here (unless he is lightening fast- which I am not tracking) ... so we need some help here. Derby is already better than Thomas was last year, but ..... Gesicki would be great!! Some like Goedert later .... this is a MUST for addition (and hopefully the answer is not Fasano) in the draft.

RB: currently have 2 on the roster .... Drake showed up last year, but will still need help. Maybe we bring back Williams, but Smith is a NO .... so we need at least 1, more like 2 to bring in ... Guice, Freeman, Chubb would all be nice .... guessing 3/4 round for this (so not likely those names). It is a MUST though, unless we sign a FA, which is entirely possible if price is right.

G/C: we have 4/2 on the roster, with Steen flapping .... we have 1 (possibly 2) as reliable (Sitton/Kilgore) .... and maybe Davis, with a big question mark with Asiata .... if Asiata pans out by next year, we are ‘ok’, since Sitton is for 2 years (maybe 3) ... Brendel showed he was capable in relief .... we need a couple more bodies to work with, but not a MUST or high priority in the draft. Would love Wynn, but that isn’t going to happen, neither likely are the top Cs. Guessing 4 th round here .... Ragnow, Clapp, Corbett ish .... don’t think we’ll sign another ‘starter’ here in FA.

I do not think we ‘intend’ to pick a QB at #11, and would guess 1 of: Vea, Payne, Edmunds, Smith or James ... With Vea, Edmunds, James being my order ....

You never know how things fall out, and with our track record, we could pick Ridley .... but sure hope not.

great post...Thanks

Supposing Kilgore is healthy and stays that way I actually think we have a decent looking line.

Even after cutting Pouncey this looks like the best line (with depth) we've seen since we had Incognito and Jake Long. They still may sign Young. I'm also excited to see Eric Smith this year. Add in a new OL coach and ....

LT Tunsil/Hickey
LG Sitton/Davis
C Kilgore/Brendel
RG Larsen/Davis?Asiata
RT James/Smith/Sterup

Definitely done til we hit round 4 in the draft. 1st 3 picks won't be OL...IMO it's #1 QB Lamar Jackson, #2 TE Mike Gesicki #3 HB Rashaad Penny

Lamar in the with the 11th is WAY too early. Plus Gase is not a fan of Spread Offense QBs. I would be pissed if they took him at 11.

Even after cutting Pouncey this looks like the best line (with depth) we've seen since we had Incognito and Jake Long. They still may sign Young. I'm also excited to see Eric Smith this year. Add in a new OL coach and ....

LT Tunsil/Hickey
LG Sitton/Davis
C Kilgore/Brendel
RG Larsen/Davis?Asiata
RT James/Smith/Sterup
I think Davis starts at RG. I hope we resigned Young which is good depth.

Back
Top Bottom