Is Zo a hall-of-famer?

• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Yeah...Ewing and Latrell Sprewell missing 13 games each in a 50 game season (shortened season) had something to do with it.

How have the Heat done this year w/o Shaq? There's your answer. if Zo was great he could keep that talented team near the top w/o Shaq for a couple of mos.

BTW..he didn't play in one of those deciding games. Of course..you didn't mention that. He had 29 points, 13 rebounds and 5 blocks. In Game 7 in 2000 vs. the Knicks in round 2. Good enough for you?

Nope, they fell one point short, he needed 2 more points.

I think Zo might get punished for his unprofessional ways of dealing with things when he was dealt to the Raptors and said he was too hurt to play then waited to be bought out to sign with the Heat! HOFamers stay loyal to the game and since his stats are not guaranteed HOF stats I think he will be overlooked aand I feel that is right!

How have the Heat done this year w/o Shaq? There's your answer. if Zo was great he could keep that talented team near the top w/o Shaq for a couple of mos.

With JUST SHAQ out of the lineup, the Heat is 14-7.

With WADE playing, they are 18-12.

Without Wade and SHAQ..they are 1-6.

At full strength...0-1.

That one didn't work out so hot huh?

here is a stat:

With J-Will and Wade both in the lineup the Heat is 15-5

This team has had alot more injuries than just shaq to contribute to it's record. Same as last year.

So it's okay for a 15 ppg guy in Mashburn to go 1-11?

Yep, Zo has to come up bigger.

Mash was 3 of 15 by the way. Allan Houston was 2 of 10, Charlie ward 2 of 9 and the Knicks did enough to win. No excuses, he had enough talent to win and couldn't carry a team.

The Heat are 17-16 w/o Shaq and w/ Wade playing. W/o both they are 1-6.

hes arguable one of the top 3 shot blockers in NBA history so i dont see why he shouldnt go. his rebounding and scoring numbers were also pretty good.

zo is like 35 or 36 and hes still blocking shots like an animal.

Yep, Zo has to come up bigger.

Mash was 3 of 15 by the way. Allan Houston was 2 of 10, Charlie ward 2 of 9 and the Knicks did enough to win. No excuses, he had enough talent to win and couldn't carry a team.

The Heat are 17-16 w/o Shaq and w/ Wade playing. W/o both they are 1-6.

You didn't read my stat or you chose to ignore it to make your own point.

The Stat was "HEAT record without JUST SHAQ...meaning that everybody else is dressed for the game." That record is 14-7.

The stat you chose to use (17-16) had J-Will, Posey, payton, ZO, Toine, out with various injuries or suspensions.

Another stat for you...

With J-Will AND Wade...but NO SHAQ...they are 15-8 (They have lost 4 in a row together)

With WADE playing, they are 18-12.

Without Wade and SHAQ..they are 1-6.

At full strength...0-1.

That one didn't work out so hot huh?

here is a stat:

With J-Will and Wade both in the lineup the Heat is 15-5

This team has had alot more injuries than just shaq to contribute to it's record. Same as last year.

I don't know what second rate website you compile your stats from, but your Wade stat is way off.

With WAde in the lineup, Miami is 18-19. As of the 25th, when you posted your message, they were 18-17, so you were only about 5 games off. Kind ofa BIG DEAL.

You didn't read my stat or you chose to ignore it to make your own point.

The Stat was "HEAT record without JUST SHAQ...meaning that everybody else is dressed for the game." That record is 14-7.

The stat you chose to use (17-16) had J-Will, Posey, payton, ZO, Toine, out with various injuries or suspensions.

Another stat for you...

With J-Will AND Wade...but NO SHAQ...they are 15-8 (They have lost 4 in a row together)

NYJunc missed nothing. You said Miami's record with Wade playing as of January 25th was 18-12. It was not. Those were your words. If you meant with just Shaq missing AND Wade playing, you didn't word it that way, nor was it implied.

Don't blame somebody else for your lack of expansion on what you meant.

and by the way--basketball teams often don't have all of their horses, so you can mangle the stats as favorably as you want, but it doesn't prove anything.

NYJunc missed nothing. You said Miami's record with Wade playing as of January 25th was 18-12. It was not. Those were your words. If you meant with just Shaq missing AND Wade playing, you didn't word it that way, nor was it implied.

Don't blame somebody else for your lack of expansion on what you meant.

and by the way--basketball teams often don't have all of their horses, so you can mangle the stats as favorably as you want, but it doesn't prove anything.

The stats come from the 82games site. They were correct on that day.

The "wording" was also very clear as well. Words matter. You can't change the records.

That is/was his records without SHAQ in the lineup. Understand that? Without SHAQ. I didn't say without J-Will, Posey, or anybody else...I said WITHOUT SHAQ in the lineup.

Zo will get in because he has been a very good player for a long time on some decent teams.. He was a great player for 5-6 years but even then he didn't dominate like I thought he was capable of.. Of the Centers in his time he is a notch below Hakeem, Ewing, and David Robinson..

Zo will get in because he has been a very good player for a long time on some decent teams.. He was a great player for 5-6 years but even then he didn't dominate like I thought he was capable of.. Of the Centers in his time he is a notch below Hakeem, Ewing, and David Robinson..
You really cant say those are the "Centers of his time, really. They were all pretty much on the way out or in the prime of thier respective careers when Shaq and Zo entered the NBA. The only centers I think talent wise you can compare him to are Mutumbo, who is almost his equavalent on the defensive end, if not a tad better, and of course Shaq who there really is no stacking up to anyhow. But in his class of centers, which was very light IMO, he was one of the more dominant centers. And alot of people seem to forget that he was the backbone of the Hornets team that shocked the world when they took out the Sonics in the first round of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom