Is Zo a hall-of-famer?

• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
You really cant say those are the "Centers of his time, really. They were all pretty much on the way out or in the prime of thier respective careers when Shaq and Zo entered the NBA. The only centers I think talent wise you can compare him to are Mutumbo, who is almost his equavalent on the defensive end, if not a tad better, and of course Shaq who there really is no stacking up to anyhow. But in his class of centers, which was very light IMO, he was one of the more dominant centers. And alot of people seem to forget that he was the backbone of the Hornets team that shocked the world when they took out the Sonics in the first round of the playoffs.

I think your mean Dikembe Mutumbo and the Denver Nuggets when they stunned the Sonics at the 8th seed!

yeh,.,,your right, but the hornets did it too, I just cant remember to who.

He made the playoffs 2 of 3 years in Charlotte and won one series- against Boston and that was a 4-5 game. Boston was the 4 seeed, Charlotte was the 5. It wasn't that big of an upset. Boston basically had Reggie Lewis and no one else(and tragically Reggie would die a few weeks later).

The Stat was "HEAT record without JUST SHAQ...meaning that everybody else is dressed for the game." That record is 14-7.

They are 17-16 when Wade plays and when Shaq doesn't. The other guys are irrelevant but nice try to skew the #s.

Zo will get in because he has been a very good player for a long time on some decent teams

very good is not great, great players are HOFers.

He made the playoffs 2 of 3 years in Charlotte and won one series- against Boston and that was a 4-5 game. Boston was the 4 seeed, Charlotte was the 5. It wasn't that big of an upset. Boston basically had Reggie Lewis and no one else(and tragically Reggie would die a few weeks later).
Ok things are back to normal. :rolleyes:

If by normal you mean someone presenting facts then yes it is.
Ok granted a 5 over 4 is not a huge upset, but you have to admit he had very little talent around him also, (I refuse to acknowledge "Grandmama" as talented)

Zo will make the HOF. I would say first ballot but certainly within a vote or two. Im not sure what NBA some of the people here watch. Im not even a fan of the guy but he will make the Hall. If you want to argue that he isnt that great whatever, he will get voted in easily.

Ok granted a 5 over 4 is not a huge upset, but you have to admit he had very little talent around him also, (I refuse to acknowledge "Grandmama" as talented)

Are you kidding me? LJ was a big time player before he hurt his back. LJ was the team's leading scorer and rebounder in 1993 and the Hornets were considered an up and coming team w/ Zo and LJ but it didn't work out.

Are you kidding me? LJ was a big time player before he hurt his back. LJ was the team's leading scorer and rebounder in 1993 and the Hornets were considered an up and coming team w/ Zo and LJ but it didn't work out.
yeh, didn't see it. He never impressed me, sorry. I put him right there with Webber, woulda,shoulda, coulda kinda player. Thats why he's retired and Zo has a ring.

Zo will make the HOF. I would say first ballot but certainly within a vote or two. Im not sure what NBA some of the people here watch. Im not even a fan of the guy but he will make the Hall. If you want to argue that he isnt that great whatever, he will get voted in easily.

How so? The man has made TWO all-nba teams in his career. one was 1st and one was 2nd team- they have 3 teams. That's it. Dikembe Mutombo made 3 all-NBA teams and he's not a HOFer. In '99 and '00('99 was apartial season due to the strike/lockout) he was on all-NBA teams and won his only major awards of DPOY. 2 seasons he played at a HOF caliber and 1 of them was really half a season. Mutombo has FOUR DPOY awards and 3 all-NBA selections and will never make the HOF. Also the only major stat he has led the league in is blocks which he did twice in '99 and '00, Mutombo led 5 times.

Let's recap. Leader of a team that could never even reach the Finals, only twice made all-NBA teams(one was half a season), only led one major category 2 times and yet he is a HOFer? I know standards have fallen in regrads to all HOFs but Zo is NOT a HOFer.

yeh, didn't see it. He never impressed me, sorry. I put him right there with Webber, woulda,shoulda, coulda kinda player. Thats why he's retired and Zo has a ring.

'Zo has a ring b/c he rode the coattails of Shaq and Wade. Johnson could have done that. Johnson was a key player on a Knicks team that BEAT Mourning multiple times in the playoffs and he was a key contributor on an Eastern Conf Championship team not some bench player the team didn't need to win.

How so? The man has made TWO all-nba teams in his career. one was 1st and one was 2nd team- they have 3 teams. That's it. Dikembe Mutombo made 3 all-NBA teams and he's not a HOFer. In '99 and '00('99 was apartial season due to the strike/lockout) he was on all-NBA teams and won his only major awards of DPOY. 2 seasons he played at a HOF caliber and 1 of them was really half a season. Mutombo has FOUR DPOY awards and 3 all-NBA selections and will never make the HOF. Also the only major stat he has led the league in is blocks which he did twice in '99 and '00, Mutombo led 5 times.

Let's recap. Leader of a team that could never even reach the Finals, only twice made all-NBA teams(one was half a season), only led one major category 2 times and yet he is a HOFer? I know standards have fallen in regrads to all HOFs but Zo is NOT a HOFer.

You can argue till youre blue in the face, he will get in. All-NBA selections arent a benchmark because with Shaq, David Robinson infront of him most of his career he wouldnt get that vote. He will get the votes and get in, you can get as angry and as indignant as you want he will get the votes.

'Zo has a ring b/c he rode the coattails of Shaq and Wade. Johnson could have done that. Johnson was a key player on a Knicks team that BEAT Mourning multiple times in the playoffs and he was a key contributor on an Eastern Conf Championship team not some bench player the team didn't need to win.
Once again have to disagree(imagine that:rolleyes: ) he did not ride anyones coattails, again if you watched the finals, I'd say he played just as much if not more than Shaq.

You can argue till youre blue in the face, he will get in. All-NBA selections arent a benchmark because with Shaq, David Robinson infront of him most of his career he wouldnt get that vote. He will get the votes and get in, you can get as angry and as indignant as you want he will get the votes.

Mutombo had the same players ahead of him and Zo and yet he has more all-NBA selections and DPOY awards- is he a lock?

I think this poll says it all, on a Miami sports site where Zo is loved the voting is about even. If this vote was on a neutral board it would be overwhelmingly no.

Once again have to disagree(imagine that:rolleyes: ) he did not ride anyones coattails, again if you watched the finals, I'd say he played just as much if not more than Shaq.

he played as much as Shaq? Shaq played 210 mins in the finals, Zo played 66. In the postseason Zo averaged 3.8 PPG, 2.9 Rebs per game, 1 block per game- what would they have done w/o him?:lol: In the Finals Zo averaged a whopping 4.3 PPG, 3.1 Rebs per game, 1.5 blocks per game. How in the World could Miami have won w/o him?

he played as much as Shaq? Shaq played 210 mins in the finals, Zo played 66. In the postseason Zo averaged 3.8 PPG, 2.9 Rebs per game, 1 block per game- what would they have done w/o him?:lol: In the Finals Zo averaged a whopping 4.3 PPG, 3.1 Rebs per game, 1.5 blocks per game. How in the World could Miami have won w/o him?
ok You've worn me out on this topic, we officially agree that we dont agree, ok?:D

Back
Top Bottom