• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
nyjunc said:
I never said he wasn't a good defender, I said he's not an all-time great defender which he would need to be in order to make the Hall since he lacked the offensive skills.

If this thread was going to be closed b/c of stupidity it would have been closed a LONG time agao when you compared 'Zo to Russell and Malone.

Lacked offensive skills? :lol:

TBrown#80 said:
Lacked offensive skills? :lol:

Did I miss something? Is a 19 PPG scorer an offensive force? He got rebounds and put it back, he didn't have the nimblest of low post moves.

TBrown#80 said:
I voted eventually, but i dont see why the need to hate the man. supposedly he has been good for the community. he was a good player also. and will be a hall of famer. reading the thread something stood out, mourning was a great college player, not a good one, whoever was arguing that he was not great in college is an idiot.

He was not great in college, great players elevate their teams and he played and was the leader on a bucnh of talented Georgetown teams that never made a FF.

In the NBA he was never great, he was known for his D and made just TWO all Defensive teams and he made just 2 all NBA teams. I'm sorry that's not a HOFer. Good player, AS caliber player but not HOFer.

nyjunc said:
Did I miss something? Is a 19 PPG scorer an offensive force? He got rebounds and put it back, he didn't have the nimblest of low post moves.

I guess you never saw him play either. Zo had a spot up jumper, left handed and right handed hooks and turn around jumpers on each side of the baseline.

BTW...what makes him so special in your mind that his 19 ppg are worst than other centers 19 ppg?

Section126 said:
I guess you never saw him play either. Zo had a spot up jumper, left handed and right handed hooks and turn around jumpers on each side of the baseline.

BTW...what makes him so special in your mind that his 19 ppg are worst than other centers 19 ppg?

i saw him play more than enough, he wasn't consistent. Most of his points came off missed shots. His low post moves were nowhere near some of the great C's. As far as the points, once again I must explain it was a differetn era. 19 PPG was not great for a C in his era while decades before it might have been.

Nyjunc youre going to be really disappointed when Zo gets in. Whew theres been some downright silly responses. You lost me completely when you said he wasnt great in college, thats just ignorant.

If we're having this kind of debate about Zo being a Hall of Famer or not then I imagine the sports writers are just as split as us which in my opinion doesn't bold well for Zo!

finfansince72 said:
Nyjunc youre going to be really disappointed when Zo gets in. Whew theres been some downright silly responses. You lost me completely when you said he wasnt great in college, thats just ignorant.

I said he wasn't an all-time great in college which he was not. He put up very good #s but he was the leader of a VERY talented team that never even made a FF.

If we're having this kind of debate about Zo being a Hall of Famer or not then I imagine the sports writers are just as split as us which in my opinion doesn't bold well for Zo!

And this is on a Miami messgabe board where you would think he'd get more "yes" votes. He's NOT a HOFER.

nyjunc said:
I said he wasn't an all-time great in college which he was not. He put up very good #s but he was the leader of a VERY talented team that never even made a FF.

And this is on a Miami messgabe board where you would think he'd get more "yes" votes. He's NOT a HOFER. IMO

That is your opinion......

He'll probably eventually get in. I do like his defense and he's been key in bringing the heat the title.

However, I haven't been able to shake that he left us high and dry after we supported him completely during his hardest times. He then gets better and he shoots off to the Nets for more money and also who were supposed to be finals contenders. Once he got the idea that they might be rebuilding, he bolted back to the now Shaq and Wade team.

But I cannot question is heart and tenacity on the basketball court.

He got robbed of the Defensive player of the year award last year because of his injury that cost him alot of time at the end of the season.

He is putting up big defensive numbers again.

He is the best defensive center in the game...right now.

Id vote for him. (Of course I have some heat bias though)

If you talk about big men who impacted the game over the last couple decades Zo is right up there with the best of them, he wasnt always just a defensive force either like he is now, he was a pretty good scorer in his day as well.

I don't think he had enough productive years and his numbers aren't that good. He shouldn't be a HOF'er.

Back
Top Bottom