• Yes, First ballot

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Yes, eventually

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
Section126 said:
Yes he did.....At least TRY to put in context.....who were the guys that got those honors before him....

NEVERMIND THAT HE WAS DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR TWICE HUH?

And he is not supposed to be an all-tim great defender....He was and is an all-time great defender.

Show a little respect at least.....when you don't...you make yourself out to be an idiot.

Then why was he on the all-defensive team only twice?

Section126 said:
BTW...who ARE YOU a fan of? You live in Lakeland.....Just curious....

Your in state rival. :D
Just for the record I'm still a big fan of Shaq and heck I even think the Heat are a very good team. I just can't stand Zo.

Section126 said:
Why was he defensive player of the year twice?

That's great but only 2 times in his career he made all-defensive team. If he is truly an all-time great defender don't you think he would have made it more than twice? The only way he'd have a chance at the Hall is b/c of his D and if he's not an all-time great defensive player he has no shot.

nyjunc said:
That's great but only 2 times in his career he made all-defensive team. If he is truly an all-time great defender don't you think he would have made it more than twice? The only way he'd have a chance at the Hall is b/c of his D and if he's not an all-time great defensive player he has no shot.

He was an all-time great defender and is a pretty damn good defensive option off the bench now too.

Stop it already.....what are you going to argue next?

Section126 said:
He was an all-time great defender and is a pretty damn good defensive option off the bench now too.

Stop it already.....what are you going to argue next?

All-time great defensive playters aren't on the all-defensive team just 2 times. Michael Jordan was an all-time great defender and he was on the all-defensive team 9 times(all 1st team), Dennis Rodman was a great defender and he was on the all D team 8 times(6 1st team), Ben Wallace is a great defender and he has been on the all D team 4 times(all 1st team), Gary Payton was a great defender and he's been on the all D team 9 times(all 1st team), Michael Cooper was a great defender and he was on the all D team 8 times(5 times on 1st team). Great defenders don't make the all D team just 2 times over a career, he didn't even make make 2nd team any years- just TWO all NBA D teams. I'm sorry, it's not good enough.

nyjunc said:
All-time great defensive playters aren't on the all-defensive team just 2 times. Michael Jordan was an all-time great defender and he was on the all-defensive team 9 times(all 1st team), Dennis Rodman was a great defender and he was on the all D team 8 times(6 1st team), Ben Wallace is a great defender and he has been on the all D team 4 times(all 1st team), Gary Payton was a great defender and he's been on the all D team 9 times(all 1st team), Michael Cooper was a great defender and he was on the all D team 8 times(5 times on 1st team). Great defenders don't make the all D team just 2 times over a career, he didn't even make make 2nd team any years- just TWO all NBA D teams. I'm sorry, it's not good enough.

Great defenders win TWO Defensive Player of the Year awards....just shut up already.

He played center....alot of guys get in at that position on reputation alone...

C'mon....are you now saying that ZO was not a good defender? :roflmao:

If you are...then I suggest that this thread should be closed due too stupidity.

Section126 said:
Great defenders win TWO Defensive Player of the Year awards....just shut up already.

He played center....alot of guys get in at that position on reputation alone...

C'mon....are you now saying that ZO was not a good defender? :roflmao:

If you are...then I suggest that this thread should be closed due too stupidity.

I never said he wasn't a good defender, I said he's not an all-time great defender which he would need to be in order to make the Hall since he lacked the offensive skills.

If this thread was going to be closed b/c of stupidity it would have been closed a LONG time agao when you compared 'Zo to Russell and Malone.

Don't you find it interesting that on a Miami site that the voting has gone against 'Zp getting in? and it's not even close.

nyjunc said:
Don't you find it interesting that on a Miami site that the voting has gone against 'Zp getting in? and it's not even close.

Some people never dcome into this forum....if the miami fans came into this forum it would blow the poll away...

Nevermind that this forum is populated with New York Fans.

BTW...not even close? Do the math.

Section126 said:
Some people never dcome into this forum....if the miami fans came into this forum it would blow the poll away...

Nevermind that this forum is populated with New York Fans.

BTW...not even close? Do the math.

There are 28 No's and 19 eventually's so that's 53% say NO and 36% say eventually while just 11% say 1st ballot.

Maybe this forum is populated w/ some realistic fans and not just homers.

nyjunc said:
There are 28 No's and 19 eventually's so that's 53% say NO and 36% say eventually while just 11% say 1st ballot.

Maybe this forum is populated w/ some realistic fans and not just homers.

I voted eventually, but i dont see why the need to hate the man. supposedly he has been good for the community. he was a good player also. and will be a hall of famer. reading the thread something stood out, mourning was a great college player, not a good one, whoever was arguing that he was not great in college is an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom