Isaiah Ford :steal of the draft . | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Ford :steal of the draft .

The off-season always delivers with some really interesting takes.

I'm pretty sure it was this time of year that someone proposed that we moved Zach Thomas to safety?

The off-season always delivers with some really interesting takes.

I'm pretty sure it was this time of year that someone proposed that we moved Zach Thomas to safety?

I still think he would have made a great safety.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

catch rate of 57.7 percent ranked 306th

Speed doesn’t show on tape. Had a hard time creating separation on routes using speed alone.
Use of hands during routes can also be a negative, as some of his work would be called for offensive pass interference in the NFL.

Can get muscled downfield by corners, has missed many catches because of the combination of lack of separation and unable to get off the defender’s body at catch point.
Didn’t run a ton of routes at Virginia Tech. 67 percent of his routes were slants, hitches and go routes.

Doesn’t offer much after the catch. Rarely breaks a tackle and doesn’t show a ton of vision or quickness on screen passes. Forced only 18 missed tackles on 210 catches over the last three years.

Concentration issues. Has had inexcusable drops in games and appears to not run full speed at times during games.

You need to go look, This guy has mad skills, Jerry Rice wasn't fast either or anquan bolden or landry but they are ballers, stop worrying about speed, it's good to have but everbody don't.

How much sense does this make? How often does the 7th pick in the draft become "the steal of the draft" And why is it fine to call a player "the steal of the draft" if you have never seen play other then on film a day ago...

I don't agree with him, but not sure his opinion warrants this level of anger.

7th round is about development not need. As for the steal of the draft that goes to Denver for getting Jake Butt in the 5th round. He was a legitimate late first or second rounder before his ACL injury in Michigan's bowl game.

catch rate of 57.7 percent ranked 306th

Speed doesn’t show on tape. Had a hard time creating separation on routes using speed alone.
Use of hands during routes can also be a negative, as some of his work would be called for offensive pass interference in the NFL.

Can get muscled downfield by corners, has missed many catches because of the combination of lack of separation and unable to get off the defender’s body at catch point.
Didn’t run a ton of routes at Virginia Tech. 67 percent of his routes were slants, hitches and go routes.

Doesn’t offer much after the catch. Rarely breaks a tackle and doesn’t show a ton of vision or quickness on screen passes. Forced only 18 missed tackles on 210 catches over the last three years.

Concentration issues. Has had inexcusable drops in games and appears to not run full speed at times during games.

How much tape did you watch to get these evaluations? I'm not disagreeing with you but you are disagreeing with others who say they've watched film also. I gave watched no film and don't have an opinion yet but I am curious about the certainty you have as well as the statistics you cited.

How much tape did you watch to get these evaluations? I'm not disagreeing with you but you are disagreeing with others who say they've watched film also. I gave watched no film and don't have an opinion yet but I am curious about the certainty you have as well as the statistics you cited.

He didn't link the article.

time will tell.. hopefully he impresses and makes the roster.. it would be nice

Totally wasted pick. There was still real talent at positions of need and we draft a slow WR who will never see the field, not even on ST's. He probably doesn't even make the 53.

Joe Mathis, and or Hunter Dimick may both have better careers than Charles Harris and they weren't even drafted. We passed on good OL prospects as well.

He's not slow, he ran closer to 4.5 at his pro day. And in case you hadn't noticed, the 40 time is a bit overrated. The HOF has plenty of guys that were deemed too slow and Anquan Boldin may be joining them one day.

And apparently every team in the league disagrees with your scouting on Mathis and Dimick...

Tom Brady, Anquan Bolden, Jerry Rice.... lol whut? Odds are he is a PS player who occasionally dresses for a game. With the depth at WR he is going to have to do some serious work in preseason games and practice to even sniff the field. Hell, he would have to wash Tannehills car every day to get a dozen throws this regular season.

It's not a decimation of Ford, it's just the reality of the situation. A lot of expectations should be tempered on this kid.

I'll tell you what I'm tired of hearing at draft time:

"he plays faster than he runs"

This needs to be retired as an expression.

This is something someone says when the measurables aren't there but they really fall in love with a prospect. You're not going to play faster than your straight line, no resistance 40 time. It's really not possible. You're going to have obstacles on the field. Yes, a guy might be a better football player than runner, so he gets off of blocks well, gets open, runs good routes, has football instinct. But sorry, you're going to have to live with the fact that your man crush prospect, who runs a 4.61 might actually be more of a 4.7 slot man IF....and that's a big IF....he ever gets into a meaningful pro football game. Doesn't mean he can't make it, but IF he does, that's who you'll really be watching on Sundays.

Let's make a concerted effort to bury "he plays faster than he runs" forever. Hogwash!

The only way this kid makes the squad is on the practice squad, a lot of injuries happen, or outplays who we already have by 200% and sticks out on special teams. It could happen, but very low %.

Back
Top Bottom