Isaiah Ford :steal of the draft . | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Ford :steal of the draft .

amazing how tom brady wasn't drafted until the 6th.

Want to make a bet regarding the success of Ford compared to Brady?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I could be wrong but didn't Ricky run a 4.57-4.59?

That's a prime example of why it is far from an exact science.

Ricky would run by those 4.4 DBs like nothing. Love that dude lol

I'm more concerned about his pass catch rate which was terrible

Want to make a bet regarding the success of Ford compared to Brady?

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I'm more concerned about his pass catch rate which was terrible
I'm really stepping out on a ledge, but sure i'll bet brady is more successful as a QB than Ford is. what's your wager that ford makes a better QB than tom?

Update: Concert cancelled due lack of tickets sold

Bill Walsh's book Finding the Winning Edge, in a chapter about player evaluation, describes exactly what I mentioned earlier in this thread. There is a big difference b/w a player's 40 time - track speed - and how a player plays on a football field - functional speed - which can only be found by watching him play or on film.

There are many strong and fast athletes, there are not many football players. And that's because you can not determine one with simplistic measurements.

You have that book? it's $239.00 on amazon right now :boohoo:

Josh Dobbs is the steal of the draft IMO..
Unfortunately there is no crystal ball in my life.

Boy, people are really going out on a limb here proclaiming that a 7th round pick is going to at best end up on the practice squad. No 7th round pick is flawless, but he really does look like a potential contributor down the road. He is "fast enough". He gets open. The kid is the most prolific reciever from a school that has produced a number of good NFL wideouts, and he did it with very mediocre QB's throwing to him. Every draft pick is a gamble, and the later the pick the lower odds of that gamble paying off, but given where he was picked, Ford is a very good gamble. Just don't be surprised if he ends up as our 4th WR when the season starts.

Well as far as being dismissed as a 7th round pick, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say:

Fox mocked him going in the 2nd round to TB at 50, so there's that
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
50 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Isaiah Ford - WR - Virginia Tech

He might not be Davis, but Ford could be the possession receiver the Bucs need opposite Mike Evans.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galler...mors-order-free-agency-combine-7-round-021617

edit: and they did have McMillian going 54 to us and Harris going 28 to Dallas

Wow mocked in the 2nd? Big drop

Exactly. So how could a 7th rounder be the steal of the draft with 0 NFL snaps? Or is he only the steal of the draft because the Dolphins selected him?

How much sense does this make? How often does the 7th pick in the draft become "the steal of the draft" And why is it fine to call a player "the steal of the draft" if you have never seen play other then on film a day ago...

Why is ok for you to criticize his opinion? If a 7th round pick rarely becomes something special, then why does it matter who we picked there? The guy likes what he sees and is excited, let him be excited.

Exactly. So how could a 7th rounder be the steal of the draft with 0 NFL snaps? Or is he only the steal of the draft because the Dolphins selected him?

I like how you went to find other threads to hit disagree on. Not childish at all. :lol:

Edit: And obviously he's just making a prediction, genius. Grow up.

drafting a wr at position that is load. I am not saying he is good or bad but his chance playing and making team is small. if he is good he might be playing for some other team anyway.

Isaiah Ford is a good player. The WR position is saturated, so a few bad picks at WR by other teams send a talent like Ford falling down the board.

You're overthinking it. It's a projection at this point. Just like literally ever other evaluation of a draft pick from 2017. I would agree with you that it means little precisely because it's a projection. But it's not a stretch to say the pick is a steal "at this point". It just doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom