"It's now or never for Ryan Tannehill" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"It's now or never for Ryan Tannehill"

Completely disagree. Leaders have that drive in them fom the very beginning. It can be polished but not taught. Hill has never shown one ounce of leadership yet. We'll see what a third year will do...

Not an ounce of leadership? Disagree.

Best qb since Fiedler not named Pennington....easily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

urkel is back...did i spell that right?

I'm always around, I don't just show up when there's **** to be thrown around....like you.

Is 33 your IQ? I know it can't be related to something significant like Larry Bird.

I'm always around, I don't just show up when there's **** to be thrown around....like you.

Is 33 your IQ? I know it can't be related to something significant like Larry Bird.

Shots fired pew pew pew!

Yet another article to gather clicks.....

It is not a "make or break" year for Tannehill (whatever the hell that means). He needs to show continued progress, that is all. He doesn't need to make the playoffs "no mater what". No NFL teams make decisions in a vacuum.

The Jerry Angelo comments are comical. Tampa Bay and Chicago were not exactly models for NFL QB play during his tenures.

You're right about Jerry Angelo. Tannehill is better than any Bears QB in the last 35 years at least.

Mentally RT is a leader. However his inability to improve his pocket awareness and decision making is what will hold him back from being a true leader.

At some point his nuts have got to drop, A couple of times I saw flashes of what he can be but its a work in progress like any other QB. Again people need to stop acting like he is going to be a HOF QB, as long as he is good and we win I'm good.

You know, there is middle ground between "His nuts have got to drop" and "He is going to be a HOF QB".

What irritates the #### out of me is that anyone who sees the talent and hopes for the best, and then COMMENTS as such, gets labeled as a "rose-colored glasses wearing homer."

I'd lay pretty decent odds that a large percentage of the Internet Tough Guys who criticize Tannehill would need clean shorts on a regular basis if they had to deal with what he did last year.

Lighten up, people.

ETA: This post wasn't directed at you, AllFins, aside from the first sentence. It just triggered something in me.

I just hope we field a solid OL, Lazor does his job better than Sherman (which is not hard) so that we can see if he's got it or not. No more excuses, just play ball and let's see where the guy is at.

I'm willing to give Tannehill this year to show me that he can hit Wallace in stride when he's open deep. I realize that Wallace won't/can't go up and fight for the ball when covered, but when he streaks past the defender and is wide open Tannehill needs to make that pass! If he can't, then move on to another QB.

I'm willing to give Tannehill this year to show me that he can hit Wallace in stride when he's open deep. I realize that Wallace won't/can't go up and fight for the ball when covered, but when he streaks past the defender and is wide open Tannehill needs to make that pass! If he can't, then move on to another QB.

Why does Wallace get a pass? He signed a $60 million contract to play WR not just run one route.

Mentally RT is a leader. However his inability to improve his pocket awareness and decision making is what will hold him back from being a true leader.

Care to back up your claim of "lack of pocket awareness" with anything or will you just continue to fling it around and pretend it is true? You haters are a joke.

I never expected Tannehill to play well, but his efficiency numbers are comparable to Luck's. He won't be Andrew Luck, but if he can keep pace with him with the lack of talent on the offense (including the OC his first 2 years) then that's a good start. Will he be a regular All Pro? Probably not, I still have confidence he'll be a solid starter. That's all you need.

I never expected Tannehill to play well, but his efficiency numbers are comparable to Luck's. He won't be Andrew Luck, but if he can keep pace with him with the lack of talent on the offense (including the OC his first 2 years) then that's a good start. Will he be a regular All Pro? Probably not, I still have confidence he'll be a solid starter. That's all you need.

Fair.......but Luck was a 4 year starter at Stanford while RT had a little over a year at that level. I look at it the other way in that RT is much closer to Luck than he rationally should be based on overall experience. Where Luck clearly exceeds RT is in leadership and command of the players on the field which seems to come naturally to Luck. I expect RT to grow more comfortable in that role and take charge of the on the field offense in 2014.

"He's an athlete who is trying to develop into a QB. His arm is good, but his accuracy is questionable," Angelo wrote on TheSidelineView.com. "He isn't comfortable from within the pocket. Led the league in sacks, something isn't right, given he's an athletic QB. Protection is one thing, 'feel' is another. When things aren't going well, he can't pull himself or his team out of it. Those aren't good signs for a signal-caller."

This is 100 percent unfiltered truth from Jerry Angelo. Only the biggest of homers will deny this.

Tannehill leaves so many plays on the field with his questionable accuracy, and he eats sacks like they're going out of style. He lacks the feel for the position needed to truly be a great QB.

You know, there is middle ground between "His nuts have got to drop" and "He is going to be a HOF QB".

What irritates the #### out of me is that anyone who sees the talent and hopes for the best, and then COMMENTS as such, gets labeled as a "rose-colored glasses wearing homer."

I'd lay pretty decent odds that a large percentage of the Internet Tough Guys who criticize Tannehill would need clean shorts on a regular basis if they had to deal with what he did last year.

Lighten up, people.

ETA: This post wasn't directed at you, AllFins, aside from the first sentence. It just triggered something in me.

Like i said he is a work in progress and the dropping of the nuts is part of the process which i'm perfectly fine with. Same thing we are seeing with D. Jordan right now, people do not have any patience to let players develop at ALL and expect him to have 15 sacks and 5 FF his first year just because he was drafted 3rd.

Again people need to relax and let things play out.

This is 100 percent unfiltered truth from Jerry Angelo. Only the biggest of homers will deny this.

Tannehill leaves so many plays on the field with his questionable accuracy, and he eats sacks like they're going out of style. He lacks the feel for the position needed to truly be a great QB.

Why would only a "big homer" deny this? Everyone has an opinion....I don't value this one any differently than Bill Polian thinking RT is the next Dan Marino. You have to prove it on the field, and I saw good improvement in Tannehill from year 1 to year 2....so to me, he is right on course.

And if you are going to believe everything you read from former GM's, you are going to be disappointed a lot.

Isn't Angelo the "QB Whisperer" who drafted Rex Grossman (and Michael Haynes) with the Bears 03 First Round Picks?
And wasted later round picks on Nathan Enderle, Craig Krenzel and Dan LeFevour. This man's grasp of Pro QB essentials only rivals Bill Parcells' Franchise-Rebuilding expertise! What's next? A Philbin coaching "critique" from Rich Kotite?

Back
Top Bottom