"I’ve got picks and money" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I’ve got picks and money"

What's wrong with always looking for ways to improve? Call it "bitching" if you want, but that's pretty much how I approach everything in life, and it's worked out great. The day I'm fully satisfied as a fan is the day I stop caring about the sport, but that won't ever happen, even if we win a SB. I'll just want another.

My point is, same as there are glass half full people, there are also glass half empty people. Same as you find people that continually defend Ireland annoying (I personally am willing to allow him 1 more year, but do understand why most want him gone), people that continually have a problem with everything are just as annoying if not more.

For the record though I don't think you fall very far on either side, there some that seem to be upset with Miami all the time, and if there is nothing bad to say, they just keep quiet until there is something to bitch about.

I've been satisfied by Ireland's job overrall... He's put himself in a great position this year to make big things for the team.

When he thought he needed a WR he went out there and got Brandon Marshall, when we needed a spark on offence and a running back, he went out there and got Reggie Bush, I'm excited to see what he's got under his sleeve this time

P can't wait for more Oddricks, Misis, and Merlings!

he knows he dodged a big bullett...carl peterson probaly saved his job one last time..

there some that seem to be upset with Miami all the time, and if there is nothing bad to say, they just keep quiet until there is something to bitch about.

To really be fair, its tough to find things to be excited about with Ireland, Sparano, and Henne in the three most important positions of the team.

jeff ireland, the people's soap opera.

cant wait for the 10,000 ireland threads......yeah

for all those people complaining about Ireland, just think it could be a lot worse, we could have the jets gm

Tannenbaum is a million times better than Ireland

for sure dude... i especially love the tim tebow signing. that was epic in getting them over the hump.

rumors of their sacred qb sanchez who led them to two division championships rumored to be headed out of town. braylon edwards, vernon gholston, ...who wouldnt' kill to have these guys in miami.?

Right. Ireland's drafting philosophy has not even resulted in a good o-line (considering all of the picks and money that went into it), let alone a team with its fair share of talented playmakers. WR and CB were big holes heading into this season. How did he fill them? He signed FAs that couldn't make other teams' rosters, and waited until the end of the draft to look for WRs. On the business end, he may have decided to not pay big bucks on FAs this year and accumulate draft picks and cap money so that he could go for broke next year. While this is actually a good strategy from a business point of view, on the football side of things not getting a good WR and CB is probably the reason why they won't be in the playoffs this year. Ireland seems to be competent with money matters, but he needs help in the talent acquisition department.

Fair.

I really kind of worry about who Ireland views as playmakers as well. In another thread CK brought up a good point, and I hope I'm not misquoting him, that to Ireland having great measurables and being a playmaker seem to be the same thing. A guy that's this tall and this fast are similar players, so why not grab the guy that goes in the sixth round and take someone safe in the first round? It's very flawed logic.

Indeed, that nails the problem with Ireland right there. Here is Ireland in his own words on the 2009 draft:

"We don't want to be a good team. We want to be a dominant team, and size is a great way to get there," Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland said during his exclusive interview with WQAM's Dolphins Tonight Tuesday night, which you'll be able to find here. That philosophy explains why the Dolphins are excited about seeing 6-foot-3 Sean Smith blossom, and why Ireland would like to point out how big Vontae Davis' arms are (and they are big).

He also loves the way rookie receiver Patrick Turner, who is a legit 6-foot-5, has a small torso, which allows him to get off the line of scrimmage effectively according to Ireland.

"He finds the ball quickly and adjusts to the ball," Ireland said of Turner.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...30043_1_ireland-special-team-players-receiver

Back
Top Bottom