"I’ve got picks and money" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I’ve got picks and money"

I think Dez Bryant is a grade-A idiot, and I'm sure he would be getting into plenty of trouble in Miami. And yes, he has dropped some critical passes for the Cowboys. But at some point, it's better to have a guy who can produce touchdowns on your team than it is to have a decent human being who trips over his own feet with green grass in front of him.

Of all my years following the NFL I don't think I have ever seen a GM set up a scenario like this. 60 Mill cap space AND a butt load of good draft picks. Love him or Hate him this Off season is going to be exciting.

That was a pretty damn risky move on his part - a 4 or 5 win year probably would have got him canned. I have to hand it to him though, despite being on the hot seat and being less than stellar in landing FAs and drafting, he has always approached the offseason with a build for the future mentality.

That was a pretty damn risky move on his part - a 4 or 5 win year probably would have got him canned. I have to hand it to him though, despite being on the hot seat and being less than stellar in landing FAs and drafting, he has always approached the offseason with a build for the future mentality.
That's great and all, but at some point he has to start building for now.

What he's saying is that he has no excuses for this team to not be in the playoffs next year.

This was his fifth year as GM. There are no excuses for anything that's gone on the last few years, yet people continue to make them. And they'll make them next year if things don't pan out.

This was his fifth year as GM. There are no excuses for anything that's gone on the last few years, yet people continue to make them. And they'll make them next year if things don't pan out.

Yes they will. Guaranteed.

That's great and all, but at some point he has to start building for now.

Yes agree time for the win now players. He has to take a risk here and there on players he may not think too highly of and let his coaching staff deal with them because an NFL team of 53 cannot survive in todays NFL without a few bad apples.

Hopefully Irelands off season will not end up like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5waof0iWE8

God dam that was hilarious.

If he fails he's probably gone. It's a win-win.

:ponder:

He's on a new 5 year plan yo. It takes at least 3 years for a new GM to turn around the disaster the last gm created, plus another year to make up for that crap Egnew pick that Philbin insisted on.

I have no other choice, but to support Jeff Ireland.

lol the reason he has picks is cause he "bought high and sold low" on a CB and WR.

Not sure how this is "exciting" since the very reason we are in the spot we're in is the person still at the wheel.

the reality is, like him or hate him, we should all hope that he does an excellent job this offseason. Period end of story.

This is our one chance to set ourselves up for success and climb out of the 10 years pit we have been in! I really hope he doesn't screw this up. I am very unimpressed with the 6 to 8 win teams he has built during his tenure here! I wish we would make a change, but if not I hope he gets it right!

lol the reason he has picks is cause he "bought high and sold low" on a CB and WR.

Not sure how this is "exciting" since the very reason we are in the spot we're in is the person still at the wheel.

Don't worry, the 1st and 2nd rounders Ireland picks this year he'll be able to trade away and acquire 2nd and 3rd rounders for in 2 years.

Progress baby !!

:hclap:

Oh lord...More talentless acorns, useless draft picks and wasted money on free agents.

Mediocrity!

Back
Top Bottom