J-e-t-s Done-done-done | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-e-t-s Done-done-done

nyjunc said:
Yeah it was crazy to think the Jets w/ a better team on paper could have been contenders eeeing as though they were 1 of 2 makeable kicks away from the AFC Title Game :lol:

I told you before the year began that Pennington would not play many games for the Jets.

He's done.

Between their reliance on Pennington at QB and an aging Martin at RB the Jets never figured to be any good.

You just refused to see it

zachseau13 said:
I told you before the year began that Pennington would not play many games for the Jets.

He's done.

Between their reliance on Pennington at QB and an aging Martin at RB the Jets never figured to be any good.

You just refused to see it

I said all along that as long as Chad is healthy and they stay relatively healthy they'll be a contender in the AFC. Unfortuantely that didn't happen, I guess you are better at predicting inuries :D

nyjunc said:
I said all along that as long as Chad is healthy and they stay relatively healthy they'll be a contender in the AFC. Unfortuantely that didn't happen, I guess you are better at predicting inuries :D

Actually, I don't claim to be a good predictor of anything. It was clear that Chad was not going to be a full season QB.

If I were the Jets, I would proceed with the idea that Chad will never be back.

zachseau13 said:
Actually, I don't claim to be a good predictor of anything. It was clear that Chad was not going to be a full season QB.

That was a hard thing to do after signing him to a big contract before he got hurt last year.

zachseau13 said:

I second that motion, he was unreliable before, he will be even worse if he comes back!!

BleedinGreenNC said:
I second that motion, he was unreliable before, he will be even worse if he comes back!!

So unreliable that when Chad played at least 3/4 of a season the Jets made the div rd of the playoffs each time.

The Jets are going to have a hard time bringing in another QB as they have all that money invested in Chad....I doubt they could sign Leinart. I think Green Bay will finish with a worse record than the Jets, and you also have the Texans and Vikings and 49ers.

Roman529 said:
The Jets are going to have a hard time bringing in another QB as they have all that money invested in Chad....I doubt they could sign Leinart. I think Green Bay will finish with a worse record than the Jets, and you also have the Texans and Vikings and 49ers.

Don't forget the dolphins, they'll be battling for last w/ the Jets.

nyjunc said:
Don't forget the dolphins, they'll be battling for last w/ the Jets.

actually, you're battling for last with yourselves... we're ahead of you now, and i doubt much will change by Week 17.

5-6 wins, pal... 5-6... that's about all you'll have this year... and as much as you'd like to deny it, even with Chad and Kevin, it was likely only gonna be 8-9 wins... you're just not that good...

PressCoverage said:
actually, you're battling for last with yourselves... we're ahead of you now, and i doubt much will change by Week 17.

5-6 wins, pal... 5-6... that's about all you'll have this year... and as much as you'd like to deny it, even with Chad and Kevin, it was likely only gonna be 8-9 wins... you're just not that good...

healthy it was 10-12 wins, now we'll be lucky to get 6-7 wins but you guys will be battling w/ us for last. You guys won't have more than 6-7 wins either.

nyjunc said:
healthy it was 10-12 wins, now we'll be lucky to get 6-7 wins but you guys will be battling w/ us for last. You guys won't have more than 6-7 wins either.

well, i mean... by your Fiedler logic, all a quarterback needs to do is manage the game and the rest of the team picks up the slack if its talented enough, correct? ... by your own admission, then, how could a quarterback possibly be worth 5-6 extra wins all by himself? it's a team game, no?

sorry... you're an 8-win team.... even with your tulip starting quarterback

PressCoverage said:
well, i mean... by your Fiedler logic, all a quarterback needs to do is manage the game and the rest of the team picks up the slack if its talented enough, correct? ... by your own admission, then, how could a quarterback possibly be worth 5-6 extra wins all by himself? it's a team game, no?

sorry... you're an 8-win team.... even with your tulip starting quarterback

if it was just the QBs that went down I think we'd still win 8-9 but mawae is done which has forced us to shift our whole OL, Curtis is badly banged up, Barton is done. The list goes on.

nyjunc said:
if it was just the QBs that went down I think we'd still win 8-9 but mawae is done which has forced us to shift our whole OL, Curtis is badly banged up, Barton is done. The list goes on.

losing a cross-eyed guy like Barton is an upgrade...

.... well, in predicting this tremendous 12-win season, you were expecting another full productive year from a 30+ year-old running back? 34 year-old center? fosh-ball armed quarterback? there was no contingency plan in the very likely chance these guys didn't make it? you were also certain that losing your best lineman to the giants wouldn't have an effect? you honestly believed that secondary, even WITH Law, was good enough for 12 wins? a rookie kicker? an overly emotional coach? an OC who doesn't have the personnel to run his offense?

you didn't factor in losing santana moss, lamont jordan?

good to see you did your homework...

"with the 8th overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft... the New York Jets select..."

PressCoverage said:
losing a cross-eyed guy like Barton is an upgrade...

.... well, in predicting this tremendous 12-win season, you were expecting another full productive year from a 30+ year-old running back? 34 year-old center? fosh-ball armed quarterback? there was no contingency plan in the very likely chance these guys didn't make it? you were also certain that losing your best lineman to the giants wouldn't have an effect? you honestly believed that secondary, even WITH Law, was good enough for 12 wins? a rookie kicker? an overly emotional coach? an OC who doesn't have the personnel to run his offense?

you didn't factor in losing santana moss, lamont jordan?

good to see you did your homework...

"with the 8th overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft... the New York Jets select..."

i wasn't expecting Curtis to lead the NFL in rushing again like he did LASYT SEASON but I was expecting 1,300 yards and he can still get there. I was expecting Chad to struggle a little early but get stronger as the year went on and we had a capable backup in the event he went down. Our best lineman has been kevin awae, kareem was good but not great and he is struggling w/ the Giants after they overpaid for him. Our secondary was good enough to play great in the playoffs last year and almost single handedly beat Pittsburgh so yes adding law I had my hopes up. Losing Moss was not a big deal, i like him but Coles was and still is the better overall reciever. Teams in the NFL will catch up to Santana. Jordan also was no big deal as Curtis is having a better year in a much worse situation than lamont is in. We signed a quality backup but unfortunately he also got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom