Jakeem Grant | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

This is amazing. Also Grant should be WR #4 and Caroo #5.

Have to take it all with a grain of salt and not too serious.

Three weeks ago people were saying Grant should be cut and replaced by Drew Morgan. Two weeks ago Carroo was so good that the team should consider trading Jarvis Landry. And now Grant should be the number 4 receiver and Carroo dropped to 5.

If you take it all too serious it would drive you insane.

Really makes me wonder why he doesn't return kickoffs. You can muff those and still be fine (versus a punt where you're screwed), and him with a head of steam on a kick off return is scary to think about. Anyone know? I'm probably missing something obvious, but it sure seems like he would be the most dangerous for that task as well.
You get hit way harder on kick returns as the speed everyone is traveling is higher than on a punt. You wouldn't want to subject him to that kind of punishment that often.

Cutting him would be an asinine move.

Indeed, can't imagine it happening at this point - "Well, he's finally holding onto the ball and making plays like crazy.......yeah, let's go ahead and cut his ass...."

EDIT: Wow, just saw the highlight on nfl.com gamecenter of him catching that bomb from Doughty - was slightly behind Grant, 2 defenders nearby and he goes up and gets it like he's 6'3" or something - not the type of play i expect a guy his size to make...very nice

Last edited:
That's a couple times this pre season he's gone up high and exposed himself. He clearly isn't lacking in the fearlessness department this year. I'm going out on a limb (sarcasm) and predicting he will make 3-5 huge chunk TDs for us this year. Not sure in what phases but it's going to happen.

Have to take it all with a grain of salt and not too serious.

Three weeks ago people were saying Grant should be cut and replaced by Drew Morgan. Two weeks ago Carroo was so good that the team should consider trading Jarvis Landry. And now Grant should be the number 4 receiver and Carroo dropped to 5.

If you take it all too serious it would drive you insane.
LOL sorry, out of those three scenarios Grant become WR #4 is the most realistic. I don't endorse the other statements at all.

One of the best things about watching the game in person last night was every time the ball was headed Grant's way, there was this audible "oh s***, here we go again" groan in the crowd, at least where I was sitting. That alone made the game worth it. Oh, and the fact that I got a ticket for $8...and the Dolphins won handily...yeah, it was a fun night. :D

Lol. Grant was 1000000% on the team before tonight. He's WR #4 and its not close unfortunately Carroo can't seem to do a thing
Hes not ahead of Caroo. Caroo did his thing last night. Got great seperation and blocked like a Beast.

I gotta give Grant credit. When early camp reports were coming in that he was dropping balls I thought the writing was on the wall. But he's been solid (though not perfect) in the games, and nobody is saying he's dropping balls all the time in practice now. He's a different player in space than he was in the slot. I wish we had a chance to see him against front line corners now. But the second string players can't sniff him. Can't wait to see how Gase uses him in the regular season myself.

Last edited:
Grant looked great tonight. If he has fixed his catching issues....he is dynamic at that outside WR position.

Lol. Grant was 1000000% on the team before tonight. He's WR #4 and its not close unfortunately Carroo can't seem to do a thing
To be fair that post you quoted was after the 3rd preseason game, not last night.

Last edited:
Indeed, can't imagine it happening at this point - "Well, he's finally holding onto the ball and making plays like crazy.......yeah, let's go ahead and cut his ***...."

EDIT: Wow, just saw the highlight on nfl.com gamecenter of him catching that bomb from Doughty - was slightly behind Grant, 2 defenders nearby and he goes up and gets it like he's 6'3" or something - not the type of play i expect a guy his size to make...very nice

Definitely have to hang onto him. If anything his success in preseason should give him a lot of confidence heading into the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom