Jakeem Grant | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

I'm surprised the team hasn't used him in the backfield on third downs. Even handing the ball off to him against nickel and dime defenses would be great

usa_today_10210177.0.jpg

I would say ticket punched. 4 catches for 141 in the first half. He will be used just like last year. and in a pinch against a slow corner he will have a big day.

If he is not gonna make the roster the Patriots will pick him up and he will be another receiver we let go and will haunt us as a Patriot for years to come.

He outjumped and outran the D on almost every ball thrown to him.

He made the team and then some. He is a man against boys this preseason when our there w bottom roster people. They can't cope w him. Now it will be up to the coaches to get him opptys in the real games and against better defenses.

I would say ticket punched. 4 catches for 141 in the first half. He will be used just like last year. and in a pinch against a slow corner he will have a big day.

Well I hope not. We barely used the guy last year. He needs to get at least 5 to 10 WR reps each game. We've got to get him the ball more this year.

I've been a fan of his since we drafted him, and I'm pleased but unsurprised he is doing well. You just can't teach certain things. That kind of speed is game-changing, but it's not even his greatest ability. His start-stop is the best I've seen since Barry Sanders. He has incredible deceleration and insane acceleration, and he knows how to use them. If he gets out in space, it's over. As I said last year, with him it's not about consistently solid yardage, it's about sporadically explosive chunk yardage. He has the ability to take it to the house on any play.

Earlier this pre-season the naysayers were out in force. They kept talking about how we needed to cut him and there was no way he was making this team ... and I just said wait and see, he will make this team.

I'm feeling pretty good about my call now.

Back
Top Bottom