Jared Odrick to hit trade block? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

Penntastic

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald suggests that the dolphins might place RE Jared Odrick on the trade block....reasoning Odrick was drafted to play "five technique" in a 3-4 defense. The Dolphins are now a 4-3 and Odrick lacks explosive ability requisite for 4-3 defensive ends. "He's not a fit for the scheme" Salguero writes, Odrick has cheap base salaries through 2014, is only 25 yrs old, and possesses an ideal skill set for the 3-4. He could likely bring back a second-day draft pick via trade. If we resign DE, Randy Stark ....i wouldnt mind trading Odrick for second rounder.

thats a nice way by armando to cover up for jeff ireland 1 of many bad draft picks

IF Starks came back than I do not have an issue with it. However, I would let Starks walk and move Odrick inside. I bet he could add some pass rush on early downs.

sorry, i just cant live w/out the pee wee dance

He's a #1 draftpick. I think we should keep him. We've got to stop tradeing #1 picks for second-rounders.

Is it realistic to think someone woild give us a 2nd round pick for him? I see potential, but I don't think he has proven to be that good.

Odrick isn't being traded and he shouldn't be. He is a good, not great player so far and I think he will be kicked inside to DT if Starks walks in free agency. Odrick will be a better fit there.

That's Armando's opinion, not the truth. Give me some of what he's smoking.

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

IF Starks came back than I do not have an issue with it. However, I would let Starks walk and move Odrick inside. I bet he could add some pass rush on early downs.

Unless he's looking for an excuse to take a DT in the first round to fill a hole we don't cureently have.

Well if it's really being considered and we can get an upper 2nd round pick for him, I'm fine with it. He was a 1st rounder, sure, but we also got a few years out of him, and he hasn't blossomed into a dominant player, so an upper 2nd would be a good move IMHO. In the short term that would mean resigning Starks, which I'm in favor of doing anyway. It would also free us up to take one of the pass rushing DE's in round 1 or take a chance on someone like Tank Carradine if he falls. Odrick is a good guy and a decent player, but he is by no means a potential star or an untradeable player.

If we're being offered a late 3rd, then I'd rather not trade him. I'm all for trading Odrick for a legitimate pass rusher, trading a 34 guy for a 43 guy, trading solid play today for exceptional play tomorrow, etc. But, the pick would have to be high enough to do those things. If we have a shot at one of the top pass rushers, we will likely take it, making Odrick the odd man out (yes, pun intended) or pushing him inside to take Starks' place. His trade value is likely higher before the draft, and it gives us better flexibility because many of the good fit players for us are late 1st/early 2nd round picks ... so stocking up on picks there seems like a very beneficial thing to do.

can we get a better DT than PeeWee for cheaper? No? then why the **** would we trade him?

Is Armando just speculating or has Ireland (or some other front office person) leaked the trade Odrick gameplan to Armando? If he's just speculating, it's pretty irresponsible and probably won't happen. I have a problem with trading him, he's a quality defensive lineman with a good future. However, I'd be surprised if we could get a 2nd round draft pick.

Is Armando just speculating or has Ireland (or some other front office person) leaked the trade Odrick gameplan to Armando? If he's just speculating, it's pretty irresponsible and probably won't happen. I have a problem with trading him, he's a quality defensive lineman with a good future. However, I'd be surprised if we could get a 2nd round draft pick.

Armando wrote a blog about it and it is pure speculation. He wrote it as what he would do if he was GM.

who knows what might happen, not like everybody saw marshall being traded for piffle

So another 1st round pick that didn't amount to anything past a good/decent contributor.

Ireland for President! Do you want to be the next Burger King? Or the next Del Taco instead of McDonalds or Taco Bell? Sign Ireland !

Back
Top Bottom