Jarvis Landry Complaints | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Complaints

What I love is that Cutler and Parker are hooking up well. They both have been on the same page since the exhibition games.

Landry is not a burner.. but Landry is a Football Player, he makes people miss, it's not his fault that he has to dodge 4-5-6 defenders because other players aren't blocking. The first guy rarely tackles him, it's usually the 3rd and 4th guy that gets him down.

Being able to run all of the routes and being able to get open running all of the routes are two different things. Yesterday Parker had 4 receptions on maybe 7 targets? 3 of those targets were 50\50 balls and he wasn't open on either one of them. One he was able to take away from the defender. This is a great skill to have, but you can't build your offense of these types of passes. He's going to have to be able to get separation on a consistent basis if he's going to be our #1 guy.
He wouldn't have to dodge if he'd just run upfield instead of trying to juke himself out of an Achilles

I like Landry and all, but him having 13 catches for 50 yards or whatever it was is just silly.

Id like to think that Gase and Cutler know that as well and the **** that happened in the first half (and at times in the second half) doesnt happen again. Im sure the offense can operate just fine with 5 less Landry screens a game.

Jarvis Landry short game is redundant with the Ajayi rushing attack. It's supposed to give you possession time and open up the long passing game. If you've got a strong rushing attack, that's when you've got opportunities for play action, why run so many screens?

Earl Weaver who was an amazing manager for Baltimore used to say this......".a guy can got 3 for 4 with 3 singles and he'll drive in one run while a power hitter can go 1 for 4 but that one is a HR and he drives in 3. Landry is a singles hitter while Parker and Stills are the HR hitters on the team. You need all of them of course but if we keep running the offense thru Landry then we'll never score enough points to be a great offense. 13 catches but for a 6 ypc average is not going to help you much. He does bring an energy to the team just like Ajayi does and that's hard to replace but I'd rather Landry catch 8 passes while Stills and Parker get a few more targets which would lead to more points.

Ozzy rules!!

Parker has always been hurt to much to be a number 1 reciever even though he has a superior skill set. No good if your on the bench.

Landry is an important part of the offense. You can't just plug in another player to replace him. However, you also can't pay him what he THINKS he's worth. His position value doesn't warrant huge money.

Let's see if you're singing the same tune after more games are played and Cutler gets a better rhythm with Parker.

We shall see indeed, but I'm pretty damn confident. Landry has nearly led the league in receptions since he's been in the NFL. Parker hasn't even sniffed those numbers. No idea why people thought that all of a sudden Parker would surpass Landry just because we signed Cutler.

Parker has always been hurt to much to be a number 1 reciever even though he has a superior skill set. No good if your on the bench.

Even when healthy Parker hasnt come anywhere close to Landry in terms of production.

Landry is an important part of the offense. You can't just plug in another player to replace him. However, you also can't pay him what he THINKS he's worth. His position value doesn't warrant huge money.

It's a tough spot. While I agree his position doesn't typically command the money he is seeking, there are always exceptions. The biggest issue is that he isn't much of a TD producer.

I do think people are undervaluing his worth to our team. I think losing him would be a death blow to this offense without replacing him with a top tier slot or TE talent.

If in the end it comes down to keeping Landry at a slightly bloated contract or keeping Tanny, Tanny has to go.

If his 13 catches are 13 1sts downs or 13 TD's he's a special player. If not then his catches are stat sheet filler..

It's a tough spot. While I agree his position doesn't typically command the money he is seeking, there are always exceptions. The biggest issue is that he isn't much of a TD producer.

I do think people are undervaluing his worth to our team. I think losing him would be a death blow to this offense without replacing him with a top tier slot or TE talent.

If in the end it comes down to keeping Landry at a slightly bloated contract or keeping Tanny, Tanny has to go.
You'd keep a guy that doesn't score touchdowns over a decent QB?

LMFAO

You'd keep a guy that doesn't score touchdowns over a decent QB?

LMFAO

When we have another QB who may be even better on the roster and no other viable seam threat let alone a star pro bowl caliber one like Landry? Uhhhh ya...

There's probably only a couple teams in the league if any who would take Tanny over Landry.

Last edited:
It just seems that Landry quick screen hasn't worked since Lazors second year.

Back
Top Bottom