Jarvis Landry Complaints | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry Complaints

It's a tough spot. While I agree his position doesn't typically command the money he is seeking, there are always exceptions. The biggest issue is that he isn't much of a TD producer.

I do think people are undervaluing his worth to our team. I think losing him would be a death blow to this offense without replacing him with a top tier slot or TE talent.

If in the end it comes down to keeping Landry at a slightly bloated contract or keeping Tanny, Tanny has to go.

No. Kenny stills has to go.

No. Kenny stills has to go.

Is that realistic cap wise? That's an option, but we'd need to find a legit deep threat replacement if so, and I can't imagine we'd save much money on anyone else og similar talent unless it was via the draft.

This year? Obviously not.

Going forward? Yep. Absolutely.

QB>>>>>>>>>>WR

Well ya I obviously didn't mean this year.

25 yr old star pro bowl WR>>>>>>>>> 30 year old average QB coming off 2 major knee injuries.

And then throw in that we have another QB who is arguably better than Tanny on the roster (not trying to debate them here, but I would think we can agree it's at least a debate) and it's a no brainier.

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing that people can watch the Dolphins and not love Jarvis Landry.

I dont get it either. People on this board talk about getting rid of him like its nothing. The fact that Ive seen multiple posts saying Carroo will be his replacement would be hilarious if it wasnt so crazy. Like you can replace a guy who has almost lead the league in catches since he got here with a guy who has about 1 catch in the NFL. We havent had a true star on offense since Ricky Williams, and now we finally have one and we dont give him the respect he deserves.

I dont get it either. People on this board talk about getting rid of him like its nothing. The fact that Ive seen multiple posts saying Carroo will be his replacement would be hilarious if it wasnt so crazy. Like you can replace a guy who has almost lead the league in catches since he got here with a guy who has about 1 catch in the NFL. We havent had a true star on offense since Ricky Williams, and now we finally have one and we dont give him the respect he deserves.
Carroo shouldn't have made the team over Stringfellow.. You can't replace Landry with that steaming pile of dogshit.

We just signed him to a 4 year contract a few months ago didn't we?

Yeah but there's no way I'd let that contract get in the way of my ability to keep juice or dvp.

Miami can afford to pay stills #2 money and Landry top 12 money even for the next 3 years. Dvps 5th year option is gonna be run up when the time comes. So we get 2 more years of him before we have to pay him top 5 money.

And come that time Kenny stills can walk.

There is something that needs to be said with regards to dvp. We haven't gotten much chance to see him run timing routes this year yet. That was a staple of the tannehill lead offense it seems to have gone to the way side with Moore and at least week 1 with cutler.

Dvps route running determines his ceiling. So that's one box that needs to be checked off. Pretty much the only one.

A faster more explosive vertically Alshon Jeffery commands top 5 money. Run routes like aj green with that skill set and you command top money

Yeah but there's no way I'd let that contract get in the way of my ability to keep juice or dvp.

Miami can afford to pay stills #2 money and Landry top 12 money even for the next 3 years. Dvps 5th year option is gonna be run up when the time comes. So we get 2 more years of him before we have to pay him top 5 money.

And come that time Kenny stills can walk.

Agreed, we need to keep all of them. Thats why Tanny is the odd man out if Cutler has better production this year. Now if Cutler busts out and ends up flopping, we obviously will have to keep Tanny. But unless he gets hurt I dont think he will.

This teams gonna have to pay Ajayi soon too. But this is what happens when you have difference making football players. You pay them and you keep them.

There's no way as his agent he'd go into next year making 5th round money. Not if he gives us 1200 and double digit tds which is where all signs point if healthy. Right now 1500 is on the table.

Jarvis got a lot of targets because the gameplan throughout the first half was to get the ball out quickly and he's the easiest guy to do that with. Though we didn't succeed in giving him space on a single play design in the first half he has shown to be incredibly deadly in that regard.

It's gonna be sad when Stills doesn't produce that much this year and we let Jarvis walk while having Stills on a top FA caliber contract. Stills made sense to keep around when he had developed such a rapport with Tannehill and Moore. With neither one of them starting I don't know if he is much of a factor.

Back
Top Bottom