Jarvis Landry contract discussion megathread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry contract discussion megathread

I have a feeling Landry will get franchised. The cap keeps going up so why not wait and see what you have in Parker. (IMO) ..by then they'll have made some veteran moves for cap purposes and be in perfect position to re sign both Parker and Landry.

I agree with the sentiment about choosing to play out his final year of rookie contract is silly when you have so much sitting in front of you as far as guaranteed money and salary increase THIS YEAR!

He can literally go from making less than 1mil this season to a solid 8-12mil salary AND the guaranteed/signing bonus. He will make so much more (over what projects to being a long and successful career) doing a deal this year, getting to his 3rd contract one year earlier which will allow him to take advantage of being 28-30 instead of past the savvy vet stage of his career and into the declining star.

Basically getting paid a year early is better for short term (ripping up rookie deal and get better pay today) as well as long term (get to next contract before he becomes too old to command good money/decent length of contract

I agree with the sentiment about choosing to play out his final year of rookie contract is silly when you have so much sitting in front of you as far as guaranteed money and salary increase THIS YEAR!

He can literally go from making less than 1mil this season to a solid 8-12mil salary AND the guaranteed/signing bonus. He will make so much more (over what projects to being a long and successful career) doing a deal this year, getting to his 3rd contract one year earlier which will allow him to take advantage of being 28-30 instead of past the savvy vet stage of his career and into the declining star.

Basically getting paid a year early is better for short term (ripping up rookie deal and get better pay today) as well as long term (get to next contract before he becomes too old to command good money/decent length of contract

This right here is the way I have been seeing the situation from the outside looking in. Think long term Jarvis take a good offer now get off that bs rookie deal that you're out performing and look into the future where it's a pretty safe bet he will still be at the very least a serviceable wr who gets paid a midrange vet premium

The problem here is that its a pretty foregone conclusion that Devante is about to be a monster. When that happens, if we've already given Jarvis his contract, we are basically forced to let Devante walk bc we will have too much money on the books with Stills and Landry...at least this is the way I see it. If im wrong please tell me bc I would love to be wrong here. I'm hoping we can keep all 3 of these guys for at least a few years but im not sure we can with all 3 playing at a high level. Truth be told though if Parker lives up to expectations, he will be more valuable as a true #1 than Landry could ever be

Disagree with being forced to let Parker walk if he breaks out. Stills would be cut. Simply put.

If Caroo can, somehow, prove to be the WR he was in college then I believe that they let Landry walk if he wants too much money. I believe he has the talent but not the heart as Landry. We shall see
I don't think he has anywhere near the talent or the heart of Landry

Every time Landry was targeted 10 or more times
last season our team won 1 out of 7 games

The rest of the season Landry averaged 6 targets per game
and we went 9-1 in those games

6 or less receptions for Landry in a game and we're 8-1

Last edited:

Yeah . . .

Now does that really have anything to do with Landry or is it really a result of run/pass ratio balance and not chasing the scoreboard? I'm going with the latter.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Miami is playing it perfectly.

Why pay Jarvis a large amount of money when you don't have to #1, and what if Parker becomes what we all hope for, then you pay him and Jarvis while getting rid of Stills in a couple seasons.

Paying Landry now would be fine with me, he deserves it, but not top alpha money. Although he has averaged 2.23 yards per route run since he was drafted and that's top 10 in the NFL since then according to PFF and that's elite stuff so it's a conundrum for Miami.

I'd wait and see what happens with DVP. If he blossoms you can go to both and say we want both of you to be here until you quit. I bet they'd both take deal from Miami before testing FA.

If that happens then bye bye Stills.

If he got hurt this year, as in career threatening, i would be surprised if that did not set in motion a players association dispute on rookie contracts, and what to do when guys are grossly outperforming them.

Would be a shame for all involved, thats for sure
That should be set in motion already. Runningbacks are basically used up by the time they can get paid if they are not a first round pick

6 or less receptions for Landry in a game and we're 8-1
This only means we target him when the other team has a good game plan or out matches us.

So our best receiver is our go to guy when the going gets tough.

Back
Top Bottom