Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami

Overpaying for the heart and soul of the dolphins offense makes very much sense to me. And landry never had a true qb throwing him the ball......Watch when we draft a qb in the first round landry becomes one of the best if not the best receiver in football.

I'd like some feedback. I DON'T CARE if Landry is worth $14MM or nor. Don't care if he'll take a discount or not. How many think he WANTS to come back? How many think Miami sees him as critical? How many think he WILL be back. My/our opinion(s) don't matter.

I apologize if anyone's posted this but in today's SunSentinel, his agent declared that Landry knows his value to the Fins as the #1 receiver , is equivalent in team importance to Julio and Antonio to the Falcons and Steelers respectively, and considering that those 2 had Ryan and Ben throwing to them, Landry's done more with less - which is a slam at Tannehill w/o coming out and saying so. And expects to be paid accordingly. Love Landry, would like him to stay, but really those other guys ypa's are in the mid teens and Landry was sub 9 this past season. I think he's important to us but if he equates himself to Jones and Brown, he really is delusional and will probably be in for a rude awakening.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-landry-20180119-story.html

Last edited:
No, they get cut.

And truth is, had Miami approached this extension earlier they would of gotten a discount on a longterm deal.

That ship has sailed.

I disagree with your second sentence, K!! I think Landry and his agent have looked at the last two years or so of wide receiver deals around the league and have determined a certain starting point, and as we have read, he and the team are quite far apart. Enough so, at least for Landry to call it disrespectful. I would not go over ten for him...

And a question for anybody to answer - and i have often wondered - why in football can players be cut throughout the life of the contract(obvious penalties for the team/cap ramifications), but in MLB, when a player signs a deal, the players get total dollars. For instance, Arod and his contract with the Yanks, or Pablo Sandoval with the Sox - and if the Dolphins dont want Suh around and they cut him - they are only responsible for the "cap hit" and nothing more - they are off the hook of the rest of the contract?? I dont understand that...

I disagree with your second sentence, K!! I think Landry and his agent have looked at the last two years or so of wide receiver deals around the league and have determined a certain starting point, and as we have read, he and the team are quite far apart. Enough so, at least for Landry to call it disrespectful. I would not go over ten for him...

And a question for anybody to answer - and i have often wondered - why in football can players be cut throughout the life of the contract(obvious penalties for the team/cap ramifications), but in MLB, when a player signs a deal, the players get total dollars. For instance, Arod and his contract with the Yanks, or Pablo Sandoval with the Sox - and if the Dolphins dont want Suh around and they cut him - they are only responsible for the "cap hit" and nothing more - they are off the hook of the rest of the contract?? I dont understand that...
The short answer to this is simple...players contracts in MLB are fully guaranteed and the league has no salary cap or player max contracts.

Short answer #2: The CBA.

It's still not out of the question that they actually never intended to keep Landry, and that Carroo was drafted to replace him.

Replace a guy who has about 400 catches with a guy who has about 4....what could go wrong?

Overpaying for the heart and soul of the dolphins offense makes very much sense to me. And landry never had a true qb throwing him the ball......Watch when we draft a qb in the first round landry becomes one of the best if not the best receiver in football.

Heart and soul of an offense that averages 17 points a game. LMAO

The Jets are going to make a major play for Landry with the recent development with R Anderson. It also gives him a chance to compete in a city with Beckman for back page headlines. Let them pay him 16 million per

And if OV doesn't have a good season this year he will miss out on that final 2 years/31 million.

Because Dez has **** for a QB he deserves to be cut and see nothing right?

Contracts only apply for the owners benefit in the NFL.

Meanwhile in baseball that fat overweight pitcher with the 7.25 ERA over the last 2 seasons is still going to see every dime of his money.

Like I said before, players need to get what they can get while the getting is good.

If Dak is "****" what adjectives do you use to describe the QBs two or three levels below him?

Its like saying Landry is ****...

Dak isn't **** for a QB. Dak played like **** this season. He really did.

Big difference, though.

If a team is will to pay $17mm a year long-term for Landry...buh bye, if I’m running things.

Want a 4-year, 50mm contract with 35mm guaranteed? Ok. 9/13/13, 4th year option for 15. That’s about the max I’d go. And that’s generous.

Back
Top Bottom