Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor says "Henne is more talented than Mark Sanchez"

I totally agree. Although Nolan last year turned this D around, he did same while in Denver and nose-dived thereafter.

Whatever you say about the Rex Ryan, if he were here rather than in NY, we would be the ones 11-5 / 10-6 every year!

Both QB's will be irrelevant in the NFL within 4 years. Neither are good enough to warrant debate against each other. Period.

@Tunaphish429

yr argument would make more sense if qb's also played linebacker.

so eli is better than marino forwinning a ring?

Nope. Marino carried his dolphins teams. Eli did not. If henne carried his team and so did Sanchez then absolutely you go to the stats. But when the resume is not even close then no need to check the stats. Like I said the jets are not winning in spite of Sanchez. The guy is super clutch. Marino is better than alot of players that won super bowls. That's my opinion of course. It can be argued that Marino never won a super bowl because of ego. He wanted to throw the ball as much as he could to win games.

Raw talent? measurables? he may be right but playing this position is about much more than raw talent.
I said the same thing as Taylor a few weeks ago. I believe I even said it to you. There's no question Henne is more talented than Sanchez. He just happens to be on a much better team with a competent coach and he s been the luckiest QB in terms of dropped int and his teammates bailing him out. Sanchez is a bottom portion of the league starter. This isn't news to anyone who isn't a Jets homer.

Well yea when you take 6 sacks a game instead of throwing the ball away it does not effect your qb rating...

Sanchez and his team are 2 and 1.

Dolphins are 0 and 3...

Qb play is about winning, First and foremost..

I dont care what the stats are.

And henne doesnt play defense either!

It's obvious that Chad is a better QB physically than Sanchez, but somehow Sanchez gets those wins. Sanchez has a better team and a way better coach around him. That makes all the difference. I'd still take Fitzpatrick over both of them.

by the way, total qbr makes account for the clutch plays.

and i think last year, when down by a touchdown in the 4th qtr, sanchez's passer rating was in the 50s. but of course stats dont matter in sports.

It's obvious that Chad is a better QB physically than Sanchez, but somehow Sanchez gets those wins. Sanchez has a better team and a way better coach around him. That makes all the difference. I'd still take Fitzpatrick over both of them.

i agree. BUT, look how much time fitzpatrick has had to grow. he was drafted in 05 and this is pretty much his first good year.

who knows how much better chad would be in his 6th year

yea sanchez blocked that punt, hes so clutch!

If Miami's d didnt play as well as they did last year we may have been worse than 7 and 9...

Its not like Miami's d and speical teams has been void of big plays..Hell Ted Ginn and Jason Taylor almost won the Jets game a few years back.

i agree. BUT, look how much time fitzpatrick has had to grow. he was drafted in 05 and this is pretty much his first good year.

who knows how much better chad would be in his 6th year

Really you never know? But how long can a franchise wait for a qb to become good?

I think Henne could bounce around the league a few years and then maybe become a starter somewhere else..But if this regime is gone next year I dont see how Henne is back.

henne is 12th in total qbr. sanchez is 27th.

which tells us all we need to know about total QBR. Henne had great FP needing to get in FG range w/ plenty of time Sunday and he threw 3 incompletions and an INT yet still had a good total QBR. It's a joke just like regular rating is.

im not saying stats are everything. but they should be in the discussion.

and the stats say chad is better than mark. (as well as jason taylor lol)

Sanchez has a high comp %, has thrown more TDs, his yds per attempt is higher, he has thrown for more yards and he is leading his offense to more points- tell me again about these stats that say Henne is better?

I said the same thing as Taylor a few weeks ago. I believe I even said it to you. There's no question Henne is more talented than Sanchez. He just happens to be on a much better team with a competent coach and he s been the luckiest QB in terms of dropped int and his teammates bailing him out. Sanchez is a bottom portion of the league starter. This isn't news to anyone who isn't a Jets homer.

Again physical talent is only part of it. henne lacks the mental part of the game, the leadership and the abilityt to make good decisions under pressure. Switch the QBs and Miami wins more hwile we win less.

by the way, total qbr makes account for the clutch plays.

and i think last year, when down by a touchdown in the 4th qtr, sanchez's passer rating was in the 50s. but of course stats dont matter in sports.

Stats don't matter, Mark led us to 4-5 4th qtr comebacks a year ago. That means more than a silly rating if those #s are true.

Back
Top Bottom