Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train"

No way I'm taking Gordon at 14...way too rich. Gurley if his knee checked out would be on my board, he's a true top 10 talent. But at the end of the day first round RB's isn't good business.

What don't you like about Gordon, or why don't you think he's an elite player?

He looks identical to Jamal Charles IMO, that's assuming he will become a really good pass catcher which I think he will.

I wouldn't knock anyone for being against a 1st rnd RB, I just think he's worth it, and I think this team is desperate for players who can take the ressure off everyone else. It seems without perfect execution, we always lose, that's a hard way to win 10 games, need playmakers.

What don't you like about Gordon, or why don't you think he's an elite player?

He looks identical to Jamal Charles IMO, that's assuming he will become a really good pass catcher which I think he will.

I wouldn't knock anyone for being against a 1st rnd RB, I just think he's worth it, and I think this team is desperate for players who can take the ressure off everyone else. It seems without perfect execution, we always lose, that's a hard way to win 10 games, need playmakers.

Lets not take it as me not liking him, I have a high 2 grade on him. To me Gurley is special because of his power/burst combo. Gordon does a couple things at a special level, working through traffic and using his exceptional vision to find holes. Now to me he doesn't have the speed of Jamaal Charles, he doesn't have the shiftiness of a LeSean McCoy and he doesn't have great power in his game. He doesn't have that athletic trait that makes him a first round back. Remember Charles was a 3rd rounder. I think Gordon is a great prospect who should have a long career (by RB standards), but I don't think he's as special as most personally. Could easily be proven wrong, the more I watch of Tevin Coleman the smaller the gap I see. Gurley without the knee injury is head and shoulders the best back in this class.

From a Dolphins standpoint I want a power guy because Miller is a solid back with limitations, I want to compliment him.

2500+ yards rushing (including putting 400 on Nebraska).....32 touchdowns is pretty special.

Gurley missed 33% of 2013 with injuries....and a big part of 2014 blowing his knee out.

Looks injury prone to me.

Lets not take it as me not liking him, I have a high 2 grade on him. To me Gurley is special because of his power/burst combo. Gordon does a couple things at a special level, working through traffic and using his exceptional vision to find holes. Now to me he doesn't have the speed of Jamaal Charles, he doesn't have the shiftiness of a LeSean McCoy and he doesn't have great power in his game. He doesn't have that athletic trait that makes him a first round back. Remember Charles was a 3rd rounder. I think Gordon is a great prospect who should have a long career (by RB standards), but I don't think he's as special as most personally. Could easily be proven wrong, the more I watch of Tevin Coleman the smaller the gap I see. Gurley without the knee injury is head and shoulders the best back in this class.

From a Dolphins standpoint I want a power guy because Miller is a solid back with limitations, I want to compliment him.

Fair enough, but I don't think it's fair to drop Gordons value based on where Charles got drafted, of tea,s knew what they could of had, he Would of been a 1st rnd back.

As for Gordon, I think hes plenty athletic and his versatility running the ball is a huge difference maker IMO. Not many rbs can break it the way he can from anywhere on the field with a simple hand off.

And yeah, I like tevin too along with some other power backs in this draft, but I don't think Gordon is a limited back as far as power goes, seems plenty strong to me, keeping defenders off balance will add to his power, where as Gurley just uses brute force. Different kinds of power.

Fair enough, but I don't think it's fair to drop Gordons value based on where Charles got drafted, of tea,s knew what they could of had, he Would of been a 1st rnd back.

As for Gordon, I think hes plenty athletic and his versatility running the ball is a huge difference maker IMO. Not many rbs can break it the way he can from anywhere on the field with a simple hand off.

And yeah, I like tevin too along with some other power backs in this draft, but I don't think Gordon is a limited back as far as power goes, seems plenty strong to me, keeping defenders off balance will add to his power, where as Gurley just uses brute force. Different kinds of power.

I'm not dropping him because of Charles comp. I agree with you, you're echoing my points, he's plenty a lot of things. I'm probably harder on running backs than most when it comes to 1st round grades, and I think he's good and great at plenty of things, but athletically and physically I haven't viewed as elite enough to warrant the grade. Not saying he's limited, just saying he isn't the cream of the crop at certain qualities I think a 1st round back needs to excel at.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

2500+ yards rushing (including putting 400 on Nebraska).....32 touchdowns is pretty special.

Gurley missed 33% of 2013 with injuries....and a big part of 2014 blowing his knee out.

Looks injury prone to me.

I mean you can look at a guy like Corey Clement who puts up great YPC behind that OL. I'm not as concerned with the guy's production as his skillset, his production is special no doubt. And I'm not saying Gurley isn't injury prone, but when they're on the field it's not very close to me. JMO.

Again to follow up on this discussion from another thread, the truth is in between what both of you are saying.

I understand where BlueFin is coming from in terms of using the 14th pick for a RB. Its not that Gurley or Gordon aren't worth the 14th pick, because they both are. Just maybe not for Miami at this point. Its not going to be what makes Miami a championship team. On the other hand, it's never wise to pass up elite talent. Doesn't matter what position its at.

You can talk about all of the yards Melvin Gordon ran for this year, and talk about all the nagging injuries Todd Gurley had. But neither one have anything to do with evaluating the talent of these two special running backs. Rather, they're only talking points for message board fodder. Neither translates to the next level. They both start at zero once they get to the NFL. Gordon can't bring all those yards with him anymore than you can predict the long term health of either.

Injuries are always unpredictable. You're always one play away.

What it boils down to in terms of talent evaluation is which one has more talent...that is the only thing either one of em can rely on. Fact is, Gurley is the more rare talent. He's bigger, stronger, faster, and more difficult to tackle. That's not just in comparison to Melvin Gordon...its in comparison to most any back that has or ever will enter the draft. His talent is that rare. Gurley is the more complete back.

Gordon is a special talent. I can't fault anybody for being all in on him. He's worth it. We just can't resort to talking points in an attempt to put him on Gurley's level. That won't get you anywhere. As special as Gordon is, it speaks volumes in regards to Todd Gurley's talent that NFL executives will still view him as the top RB despite a knee injury.

If anyone would like to make an argument that Gordon is somehow the more talented back than Gurley, that's going to be incredibly difficult to achieve among anyone that compares the abilities and watched the two play. There is a gap in talent on tape.

Good post Slimm....I guess where we differ is I do believe a runner who misses as many games the past 2 seasons as Gurley has....has an injury prone red flag that Gordan does not.

Time will tell the story.

But....I'm quite sure Dennis Hickey will not be calling Todd Gurley 14 picks into round 1.

Yea Gurley is the type of back that will have his own posts on this board 2 years from now regardless of whether we pick him or let him slide.

If he pick him up, they will be posts about what a huge pair Hickey had in drafting such a stud, with an injury history.

If he slides, there will be Aaron Rodgers type threads about how we let that franchise changer slip away again.

It's an absolute pipe dream but I would cry tears of joy if Todd Gurley is a Dolphin next year. That kid is a specimen, you couldn't create a better athlete on Madden.

Love the way Ajayi runs.....more of a north south runner than guys we have had in a while.

[video=youtube;IPm4Ces6yo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPm4Ces6yo0[/video]

Back
Top Bottom