Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train"

I want to see Miller and Williams. If this kid can beat either out then so be it. We should be in no hurry to force carries to him because if we do then we are taking the ball out of some very skilled backs' hands.

I want to see Miller and Williams. If this kid can beat either out then so be it. We should be in no hurry to force carries to him because if we do then we are taking the ball out of some very skilled backs' hands.

With all due respect...I fully expect Jay Ajayi to at a minimum to split carries with Lamar Miller...and will not surprised if he gets more carries than Miller.

Jay Ajayi was the first back in FBS history to record 1800 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving in the same season...this is a very versatile back who was the 3rd rated back in this draft on my board.

Miller is fast, but does not break thru arm tackles like Ajayi does.

I really think many Dolphin fans are not aware of the steal we got in round 5.

Douglas only had 2 one on one game snaps vs leonard willams...the first he anchored well vs the bull rush the second he fell off after engaging and luckily the qb got the ball out on a timing route...thats the extent of it

A few inside outside stunts he picked up williams showing good awareness on as he looped around...overall they barely saw eachother...and douglas had issues vs lateral quickness repeatedly on the edge dropping his head and not moving his feet vs other usc defenders

That usc tape is not a feather in douglas cap

I beg to differ draft guru....I'll take his position coaches assessment over yours as detailed here:
However, Jamil's Offensive Line coach at ASU, Chris Thomsen, was recently on the Finsiders imparting his relevant knowledge on the rookie. http://www.miamidolphins.com/multime...a-d2aaa4d44bf2

Three things from the interview have really stuck with me. First, regarding intangibles, he said Douglas started 40 games for ASU, and never once came out of a game and never once missed a practice. He ate lunch with him everyday and never ate an unhealthy thing. (My personal opinion is that Douglas acts the most professional of all our draft picks.) The second, is that the coach echoed the sentiments here that Douglas is truly a better movement guard than a massive blocker, and is more suited to a zone scheme, like we have in Miami. Third? His answer when directly asked how Douglas played against Williams when lined up at LG in 2013. Contrary to popular belief, Douglas more than held his own as ASU went on to win, 62-41. Find the highlights here:

http://pac-12.com/videos/highlights-...t-usc-shootout

Albeit just a few plays, Douglas definitely shows he belongs on the same field as Williams. Actually, if you believe the press from after the game, his less heralded unit out-played the new Jet.

TEMPE -- When it was over, Arizona State brought its entire offensive line into the postgame news conference, a reward of sorts for a unit that needed a strong performance...

But the stars were the offensive line: senior left tackle Evan Finkenberg, junior left guard Jamil Douglas, senior center Kody Koebensky, sophomore right guard Vi Teofilo and junior right tackle Tyler Sulka. Through four weeks, ASU had struggled to run the football. Against USC – who entered with the nation’s No. 3 rushing defense – the Sun Devils rushed for 261 yards, averaging 7.5 yards per carry.

“It started off with these five,’’ Kelly said. “They came to work all week, and they didn’t allow a sack tonight. They’re starting to come together. I believe in these guys.”

“They flat-out got after it and dominated the line of scrimmage. For the first time since I have been here, tempo destroyed the other team.”

What I think you discount and don't take into consideration is Williams was moved around....when he was unsuccessful against Jamil Douglas....he probably was moved around hoping to find a better matchup.

Rergardless...Jamil Douglas did his job.

How about the J-Train?.....Everybody onboard now?

Ajayi was a weird player for me in that draft. In the beginning I didn't like him and than I ended up loving him and put a 2nd rnd grade on him I think. than I soured a bit on him, was estatic when we got him in the 5th rnd. And than started to question him again this off season.

I think I'll stay in board this time. Good call on Ajayi.

He falls in line with those players you just can't over think. Look at what he's good at and just accept it.

I beg to differ draft guru....I'll take his position coaches assessment over yours as detailed here:

What I think you discount and don't take into consideration is Williams was moved around....when he was unsuccessful against Jamil Douglas....he probably was moved around hoping to find a better matchup.

Rergardless...Jamil Douglas did his job.

You still on the Jamil Douglas train too? :d-day:

I don't believe I started a Jamil Douglas train...we were discussing Williams play results against Douglas....which for that game was positive for Douglas.

Sophmore midseason update........

Todd Gurley 134 carries/403 yds....3.0 ypc

Melvin Gordon 161 carries/609 yds...3.8 ypc

Jay Ajayi 84 carries/535 yards....6.4 ypc

Advantage......J-Train

Gordon has been decent. I was very down on Gordon, thought he was a product of his team. But Ajayi is doing very well

Sophmore midseason update........

Todd Gurley 134 carries/403 yds....3.0 ypc

Melvin Gordon 161 carries/609 yds...3.8 ypc

Jay Ajayi 84 carries/535 yards....6.4 ypc

Advantage......J-Train

LOL I'd take Gurley in a heartbeat.

Ok...but the point stands.....

Gurley....845 yards....3.2 ypc

Ajayi......1213 yards.....5.0 ypc

That's not how that works. Can't just float those numbers without considering the environment that each player is in.

Unless you back Jeff Fisher?

Back
Top Bottom