Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs

with the same crappy offensive line this year Ricky had a 4.2 YPC average and Ronnie had a below average 3.7

Last year with the healthy offensive line, Ricky averaged 4.9 while Ronnie averaged 4.4 ( at the week 10 point when ronnie got hurt).. a half yard for YPC is huge in the NFL..

and Ricky had to suffer from the injuries on the O-line later in the season and still outperformed Ronnie when Ricky had a very healthy 4.7 total YPC number at end of the season

try again.

How would we manage that? Considering he is a free agent? If you franchise him, nobody will trade for him since he will feel he is worth way more money. With the way Ricky has been lately i can't see them bringing him back, but then again nothing surprises me with this FO. I personally think we need to move on from Ricky, think we should have done that when he retired. I like the guy and all, but sometimes you just gotta move forward.

You are probably right, we should just cut our losses with Ronnie Brown.

Sorry but that's just not true, Ricky atleast gave the effort to hit the hole with some kind of authority. He knew the line was eff'd but he still went with the designed play, Ronnie was playing pattycake while Ricky out produced him all season long.

Ronnie has always waited for blocking to develope. It's what serves him so well in the Wildcat. Only difference with wildcat is, he gets the snap. I watched many times the oline get blown up in Ronnie's face, even happened to Ricky. It killed our running game. And it effects you as a runner mentally. You wonder on the next run, how soon someone is going to be in your face. I even watched AP on days he was having a rough time of it, teams would break thru his Oline and disrupt him. Did he dance? Sure did. Do I want my Running back to hit the hole faster? Sure do, but the hole has to be there consistantly for that. Not to mention that most of Ricky's runs go outside the tackles, since he has better edge speed then Ronnie. But our interior online was not very good this year, and when they did play good, we abandoned our running.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

You are probably right, we should just cut our losses with Ronnie Brown.

Should cut our loses on both.

with the same crappy offensive line this year Ricky had a 4.2 YPC average and Ronnie had a below average 3.7

Last year with the healthy offensive line, Ricky averaged 4.9 while Ronnie averaged 4.4 ( at the week 10 point when ronnie got hurt).. a half yard for YPC is huge in the NFL..

and Ricky had to suffer from the injuries on the O-line later in the season and still outperformed Ronnie when Ricky had a very healthy 4.7 total YPC number at end of the season

try again.

Then keep Ricky if people are so in love with him, after he outed the Coach, and players in the Media instead of keeping it behind doors. I want to move on from both.

Then keep Ricky if people are so in love with him, after he outed the Coach, and players in the Media instead of keeping it behind doors. I want to move on from both.

So he outed the coach and the players. Big deal. That week was a total circus and I am sure he would apologize for his lack of common sense. Sid has a way of getting Ricky to say stuff during the RW show to stir up the controversy. Ricky should be more careful.
The bottom line is that we need to resign Ricky to provide a cost effective quality stop gap runner until we can obtain a high quality replacement. I do not want to go back to the days when we were searching for a back and were drafting Sammie Smith's or Kareem Jabbars out of need. Ricky has a few more good years and all of the statements will be mended in the locker room.
If you want to move on from Ricky, go ahead. But do not be surprised if he is resigned. It is clear to most (except for those who have #23 jerseys) that he is better than Ronnie.

So he outed the coach and the players. Big deal. That week was a total circus and I am sure he would apologize for his lack of common sense. Sid has a way of getting Ricky to say stuff during the RW show to stir up the controversy. Ricky should be more careful.
The bottom line is that we need to resign Ricky to provide a cost effective quality stop gap runner until we can obtain a high quality replacement. I do not want to go back to the days when we were searching for a back and were drafting Sammie Smith's or Kareem Jabbars out of need. Ricky has a few more good years and all of the statements will be mended in the locker room.
If you want to move on from Ricky, go ahead. But do not be surprised if he is resigned. It is clear to most (except for those who have #23 jerseys) that he is better than Ronnie.

I have both jersey's :) But i would still move on from both. If they feel one is needed then sure bring back one. I think our running problems were far deeper then our Running Backs.

Ricky burnt bridges ? And the owner met with a prospective HC while his own HC was sitting back in the office ? Hell no, Ricky burnt no bridges.

Give them both a one-way ticket out of Miami........Time to move on without them.Neither is so special,that they can't be replaced.I want Ingram,or maybe a FA like Bradshaw.

This wasn't about who I want to keep. My 2 posts in this thread were a response to someone as to who's the better back on the field.. it had nothing to do with off the field shenanigans.

My opinion on which to keep ? I am ready to move on from both to inject some youth as backs aren't hard to find.

You people also need to realize Ricky knows what it takes to be a champion, we are drafting a running back this draft.. Would you rather the career let down mentor, or the former Heisman winner/NCAAF/NFL rushing champ (who still out produces a kid with way less miles) ?

I really hope it's Ronnie, at a discounted price of course. Ricky didn't appear to have much left in the tank last season IMO.

Ronnie AND Ricky are BOTH stick-a-fork-in-them DONE but Ireland thinks "there’s a chance we’d bring one of those guys back for sure". What a jackass! Running back is also the best and easiest position to fill thru the draft but Ireland thinks we should spend on either an over priced injury prone dancing queen or 68 year old has been. Jesus!

I really hope it's Ronnie, at a discounted price of course. Ricky didn't appear to have much left in the tank last season IMO.

Ronnie showed NOTHING last year. He's always been an under-performer but last year he really fell off. And Ricky is just too damn old. Are you kidding me, these guys should BOTH be allowed to walk. Ireland is a dope if he signs either one of these RBs and we can't blame that on Tuna.

Back
Top Bottom