Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs

For me it's a price tag issue. Neither back is top tier and both had sub standard years in 2010. Ok the o-line was horrific in run blocking and the play calling was mental (Ronnie running wild over the Ravens and then pretty much pulled from the game!), but its fair to say that both backs are on the decline. So, for me it whichever one comes cheaper and that is probably Ricky. I prefer Ronnie as a person and a professional, but he is going to want a long term deal and more money than Ricky (even with a discount). If it was me though I would cut them both loose and pick up a FA and draft a RB this year (Ingram maybe?).

Ricky wants the team to resign ronnie, CK wrote a nice little blurb a while back that ricky might've said those things to give the team the indication he wouldn't resign so that they would show an interest in ronnie (where previously they had shown none at all). My guess is that we do actually resign ronnie, and I'd even guess that ricky returns. why create more holes on an already swiss cheese offense?

Who wouldn't be frusterated on how the offense performed.You say things out of frustration.You'll be in bad shape if you let both go..My bet its Ricky who stays over Ronnie do to he will make less money and hits the hole better..Who had the longest runs last year it was Ricky and you saw Sparano fist pumping on those runs.

i wouldn't put any stock in anything ireland is saying to the media right now...how does theres a chance turn into will try???...this is not news

idk, i think were just better off letting them go and moving on...I think Ricky pretty much burned his bridge here and will not be brought back and i honestly dont want Ronnie back. Id rather take my chances with drafting a RB, Sheets and Hilliard and maybe look at a FA.

I like Ronnie and Ricky i just think its time to move on.

think about it this way...if ireland was dead set on letting both of these guys go do you think that he would tell the media that at the senior bowl about it so it could become a unnecessary media frenzy and circus the rest of this week and well into the future??? heck no he wouldn't

hell...i'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you there's "a chance" everyone currently on the roster will return...

too much stuff gets taken an spun around here...taking quotes and putting words in peoples mouths that aren't there

Do you guys think anyone would trade for a back if they know he's going to be cut anyways? I think they will try to get what they can for both of them. If the deal is right one or both will be traded. If there are no bites one or both may be retained at a lower price to compete with a new draft pick or free agent. Personaly I would take either as a back up but we need a new go to back and none of this matters if the O line is not improved.
~~~ GOOOOOO FINS ~~~

Ricky clearly has better vision, better cutting ability, better lean with a better pad level, and he doesn't dance around like a JackA$$ in the backfield and hits the hole a lot quicker.,

to name just a few things, Homer.

And he will be 34 when the season starts and he has gone out his way to put down this franchise (thats right, the same franchise that has stuck through with this idiot through all of his life crisis'), this guy is a loser and needs to go.
Sign a 29 yr. old Ronnie who wants to be here and loves Miami!!!

And he will be 34 when the season starts and he has gone out his way to put down this franchise (thats right, the same franchise that has stuck through with this idiot through all of his life crisis'), this guy is a loser and needs to go.
Sign a 29 yr. old Ronnie who wants to be here and loves Miami!!!

See how much he loves Miami when it comes to taking a lower contract I assume he will go where the money is

I would like to see DeAngelo Williams and Ricky Williams alternating while grooming a drafted RB to replace Ricky in 2012.

I don't see either of them coming back. Ricky has burned his bridge with the coaching staff (not that I blame him), and Ronnie just looked absolutely terrible in a contract year. Plus, he's 29 years old and this next contract is probably the last one he'll see in the NFL, so he'll probably go where the money is.

Ricky clearly has better vision, better cutting ability, better lean with a better pad level, and he doesn't dance around like a JackA$$ in the backfield and hits the hole a lot quicker.,

to name just a few things, Homer.
Which all means they will resign the Dancing Queen Ronnie Brown.

Which all means they will resign the Dancing Queen Ronnie Brown.

This nickname is reserved for the traitor who left us twice and is now with the enemy.

Prancer, Backfield Ballerina, etc. will be acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom