Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland: Dolphins Will Try To Bring Back One Of Their Free Agent Running Backs

Well that 34 year old bong smoking champ still ran for over a grand and double digit td's last season so he still has something left in his tank, not to mention how many times did we run the ball this season hardly ever and our line blew *** as well

Dude I like Ricky - or should I say LOVED Ricky (as in past tense) as a player - but......c'mon man, he's a 34 year old RB. You don't think we can do better in the draft? You think he's not gonna wear down further in 2011. Ricky will slow down. You simply can't beat father time. Ricky > Ronnie at any age but I don't want either at this point.

Dude I like Ricky - or should I say LOVED Ricky (as in past tense) as a player - but......c'mon man, he's a 34 year old RB. You don't think we can do better in the draft? You think he's not gonna wear down further in 2011. Ricky will slow down. You simply can't beat father time. Ricky > Ronnie at any age but I don't want either at this point.

Put me on your bandwagon, I'm in bro!

I agree we need to find our future RB in the draft just saying if I had my choice between one of the two comming back I would take Williams along with the other rb we get via free agency or draft

6 of one and a half dozen of the other. Eitherway, fix the line and create a passing game and they both could be productive here but if they are thinking either back can carry this offense they are sadly mistaking. They would be fine for picking up small gains to keep us out of 3rd and long situtations but they are not big play backs.

The fins best bet is to sign ronnie, and draft a few backs maybe 3rd and 5th, with special teams capabilities. That way we are gaining in every aspect. Out special teams suffers from "no real speed", and our offense sufferes from lack of speed and skill, so I say keep ronnie for the the 3 year extension.

I could see both coming back to be honest

one of them before FA begins and the other when he finds out he isn't as coveted as he thought in FA

I do hope we draft a RB 2nd round and beyond

I could see both coming back to be honest

one of them before FA begins and the other when he finds out he isn't as coveted as he thought in FA

I do hope we draft a RB 2nd round and beyond

I dont think its unrealistic to think they may both be on our roster next year and we go RB hunting either with a late rd pick or udfa this year or put it off until our next draft and make due with what we have for now.

They both suck, let them go and move on. The FO said they want to reboot the offense, so let's start by booting both runningbacks!

Im telling you right now the best move we can make is to bring back ricky on a 1-2year contract. Make him are featured back, Something he actually wants to be. Im not talking 380 carries but 18-20 a game. Ricky wanted out of the league when his mind wasn't right and was getting abused by a team that had no other options on offense and the defense knew he was the only option. He strives to prove he is still one of the best players in the league. He is a man that has realized along with a lot of other things that he LOVES playing football.

One of his biggest complaints was that he wasn't used enough this last season so if he were told he'd have an increased role i'm sure he'd be willing to come back to the Dolphins. I personally wouldnt be upset with either of them coming back but i think that the best move for the franchise in both the short and long term is to bring back Ricky.

Sounds like food for the fans. Or a message that one is not returning, more so than one is. There is no reason to say this unless you want the thinking "out there".

Ricky burnt bridges ? And the owner met with a prospective HC while his own HC was sitting back in the office ? Hell no, Ricky burnt no bridges.

ricky doesn't want to play for the dolphins. and i dont blame him. the dolphins organization is crap right now.

There is only two things I can think of that makes Ricky better than Ronnie.....speed and durability. Other than that Ronnie is better at everything else. I also think that Ronnie, if given 20-25 carries a game, could easily be a 1500 yard back....if he stays healthy.
notice on how you had to say "if he can stay healthy" I think he's proven that he cannot get 20-25 and stay healthy...ricky has that ability...

Back
Top Bottom